Non - Roman Abramovich

Just to be clear this wouldn’t affect us as Max has a British Citizenship?
I was about to ask the same question... We all know Max holds UK citizenship so I guess this makes him ''sanction-proof'... ???

However, I don't think there has been any 'proof that Abramovich has any relationship with Putin so I don't really understand how they are deciding that he can be sanctioned... Or is it literally because he is a very, very wealthy dude from Russia... #excusemyignorance

If there is any evidence though that Max should be rightly sanctioned for associations with the Putin regime, then I would be in full support of it ... regardless of the impacts it had on the club...

I was about to ask the same question... We all know Max holds UK citizenship so I guess this makes him ''sanction-proof'... ???

However, I don't think there has been any 'proof that Abramovich has any relationship with Putin so I don't really understand how they are deciding that he can be sanctioned... Or is it literally because he is a very, very wealthy dude from Russia... #excusemyignorance

If there is any evidence though that Max should be rightly sanctioned for associations with the Putin regime, then I would be in full support of it ... regardless of the impacts it had on the club...

Difficult to tell how high up the food chain Abramovich is, but, he’s had previous ties with a couple of Russian leaders including Putin and recently was involved directly with the talks with Ukraine.

Difficult to tell how high up the food chain Abramovich is, but, he’s had previous ties with a couple of Russian leaders including Putin and recently was involved directly with the talks with Ukraine.

The cynic in me wonders if that was partly about self-preservation though... The speed that RA placed Chelsea up for sale, leads me to think that there is usually no smoke without fire...

In answer to Blandford's question do we know either way. Watch this space and keep our heads down the football authorities already have our card marked anyway.

As Gary says this raises more questions than it answers.

Just to be clear this wouldn’t affect us as Max has a British Citizenship?
Yes to the best of knowledge, but honestly who knows for certain.

I suspect the UK Gov could sanction anyone or any business regardless of citizenship if they wanted to and found legal cause to do so.

From what little detail is out there, the Government's logic seems to hinge on the fact they reckon the millions from Chelsea's potential sale could find it's way into Russia and to it's government via RA's businesses and associates.

A lot of football fans lump Demin in with Abramovich because they both happen to be Russian born football club earners with money, you know they whole "Bournemouth and their Russian billionaire" type claims. Even though they are on the face of it very different sized fish.

If they work down the food chain and Demin comes under any scrutiny, it might depend how transparent his company ties and business associates are.

All guess work and speculation here.

In answer to Blandford's question do we know either way. Watch this space and keep our heads down the football authorities already have our card marked anyway.

no, we have no idea. I dont think keeping our heads down is the correct stance. and I find your reference to the FA not liking us ridiculous!

There could be trouble ahead!

What little excuse is needed to keep Tinpot Bournemouth out of their Elite PL....not much!

THEY are out to ' get us' ....Its about MONEY don't you know!

THEY want Boscombe entertaining Woking, Wealdstone, and Wimborne.

Footballs World Order.

There could be trouble ahead!

What little excuse is needed to keep Tinpot Bournemouth out of their Elite PL....not much!

THEY are out to ' get us' ....Its about MONEY don't you know!

THEY want Boscombe entertaining Woking, Wealdstone, and Wimborne.

Footballs World Order.

rubbish

Simon Jordan was good again on Talksport.

Suggested the likelihood would be that the Government would set up an entity to take any proceeds from Chelsea or the clubs sale, them move it back to the club after RA is out of the picture.

Again If Max does indeed have British Citizenship that does not in any way make him "not Russian."
He may well have bought British Citizenship in order to aid his business interests here but he is still a Russian. He hasn't as far as I know relinquished his Russian Citizenship has he? He hasn't renounced Putin and his regime and defected to the west?
Please stop this ridiculous assertion that as he has British Citizenship he is somehow no longer Russian and is free from any sanctions.
On the matter of RA yes he has long held links with Putin.
On the question of whether or not MD has any links with Putin, I don't know, I don't know if anyone does know?
One thing for certain though the silence from Demin is deafening.

Again If Max does indeed have British Citizenship that does not in any way make him "not Russian."
He may well have bought British Citizenship in order to aid his business interests here but he is still a Russian. He hasn't as far as I know relinquished his Russian Citizenship has he? He hasn't renounced Putin and his regime and defected to the west?
Please stop this ridiculous assertion that as he has British Citizenship he is somehow no longer Russian and is free from any sanctions.
On the matter of RA yes he has long held links with Putin.
On the question of whether or not MD has any links with Putin, I don't know, I don't know if anyone does know?
One thing for certain though the silence from Demin is deafening.

Who’s made a ‘ridiculous assertion?’ I asked a question and a few people have replied saying they aren’t 100% sure?

;