Non - Roman Abramovich

Please stop this ridiculous assertion that as he has British Citizenship he is somehow no longer Russian and is free from any sanctions.

I think you'll find that most are actually asking the question, as we don't know... No one is making any statements of fact about anything either way...

I think as this business rolls along...this Patel plus Shapps and a few others are going to get into some serious bother, for themselves and many others.
Shady b@stards protecting, once again, their own backyards.
Least considered will be the Refugees..tell you that for f√ck-all.

Blackford has his beady eyes on them!
So has Major- General Election esq.

They have. Chelsea FC is one of his assets.
Yes I know, sorry I should have been clearer. I meant they should just freeze the assets only (as they have done) and let the business continue to trade e.g. sell tickets, otherwise the measures start to impact on innocent people...like employees.

However, I don't think there has been any 'proof that Abramovich has any relationship with Putin so I don't really understand how they are deciding that he can be sanctioned. ..

How do you think Abramovich got to be so rich? And by the way Putin’s power doesn’t depend on the wealth of oligarchs like Abramovich. Rather, their wealth depends on Putin’s patronage.

7C55F9D7-BD88-4E9D-B269-F8788712C98C.jpeg

Who’s made a ‘ridiculous assertion?’ I asked a question and a few people have replied saying they aren’t 100% sure?
You asked "Just to be clear this wouldn’t affect us as Max has a British Citizenship?"
I know it was a question but the assumption you are trying to arrive at is that Max is British and not Russian and therefore won't be sanctioned. I keep making the point that because someone has "a" British Citizenship they do not necessarily relinquish any other Citizenship they may have.
Roman Abramovich has Israeli and Portuguese Citizenship as well as Russian. Are you trying to say RA should not be sanctioned because he has a Portuguese passport?

You asked "Just to be clear this wouldn’t affect us as Max has a British Citizenship?"
I know it was a question but the assumption you are trying to arrive at is that Max is British and not Russian and therefore won't be sanctioned. I keep making the point that because someone has "a" British Citizenship they do not necessarily relinquish any other Citizenship they may have.
Roman Abramovich has Israeli and Portuguese Citizenship as well as Russian. Are you trying to say RA should not be sanctioned because he has a Portuguese passport?

Exactly it’s a question and not a ridiculous assertion then!

Max hasn’t been mentioned yet, Abramovich has been in the news for weeks, I don’t think it was ‘ridiculous’ to ask. My knowledge of who has what citizenships or what that means with regards to the current situation doesn’t stretch as far as yours.

Exactly it’s a question and not a ridiculous assertion then!

Max hasn’t been mentioned yet, Abramovich has been in the news for weeks, I don’t think it was ‘ridiculous’ to ask. My knowledge of who has what citizenships or what that means with regards to the current situation doesn’t stretch as far as yours.
Alright then it was a nave question. Just because someone buys "a" British Citizenship it doesn't mean they relinquish their current one. You have heard of people having dual Citizenship I take it. It seems like you are straw clutching to say Max isn't Russian so we as a club won't be affected by any sanctions. We already have fans of other clubs slating us for being bank rolled by Russian blood money and as I and others, have said, a statement from Max would be helpful right now.

I think we need to stick together over this. Fans of other clubs are enjoying Chelsea's demise out of jealousy, not for any real love of Ukraine. They are laughing on twitter which is most inappropriate considering what is happening with the war.
It will be the same with us if they get the chance.
I have helped towards Ukraine myself. However, every Russian cannot be held responsible just as we didn't blame every Chinese for Covid.

I was about to ask the same question... We all know Max holds UK citizenship so I guess this makes him ''sanction-proof'... ???

However, I don't think there has been any 'proof that Abramovich has any relationship with Putin so I don't really understand how they are deciding that he can be sanctioned... Or is it literally because he is a very, very wealthy dude from Russia... #excusemyignorance

If there is any evidence though that Max should be rightly sanctioned for associations with the Putin regime, then I would be in full support of it ... regardless of the impacts it had on the club...

Abramovich was wanted by Putin, wasn't he at first for financial irregularities? Then they repaired their relationship I heard...

Let's put it this way, if he were in danger of being sanctioned, he'd be looking to sell up ASAP, wouldn't he? No whispers of that are there? If not, no worries. Just plain Max rather than Olomax

;