Non: The Hundred

I love my cricket and I know many on here do aswell. I'm a bit of purist but I've got to say the Hundred Iis such a good watch. Has anyone on here been the Rose Bowl to watch the Southern Brave. If so , was it good ?
Seems to sell out for matches.
Should they swap venues with Southampton fc?

Did the Brave v Fire a couple of weeks ago. Got there for Womens match first and really enjoyed. Mens game ended in night light and must admit enjoyed. Will try and do another match next year

Had a fantastic day at the Rose Bowl yesterday. Only bad thing was a friend actually having a signal to keep me up to date with what was happening at Anfield.

Women’s match was excellent with a brilliant finish. Nearly 11,000 in the ground for another record attendance.

Men’s Brave great with the ball, Jordan and Mills spectacular, but not fantastic with the bat. Score ended up flattering the Brave somewhat with 4 sixes in the final over with the game dead and buried.

Whilst its entertaining enough on tv and is covered well, there seems to be very few actual close finishes; most of the time the game is done and dusted early on one way or the other.

Whilst its entertaining enough on tv and is covered well, there seems to be very few actual close finishes; most of the time the game is done and dusted early on one way or the other.

Maybe that was the case last season, but not this season there have been loads of games that have gone down to the wire. Yesterday another great example. Southern Brave really fought back into that and won it with a spectacular six.

It’s even better being there, the atmosphere is excellent. Just so much excitement around.

There was even a very strong away following yesterday. Something I’ve never seen before outside of going to internationals against Sri Lanka/Pakistan etc.

Funniest moment was when some guy was larking about to the amusement of the crowd and security were throwing him out then letting him return after the crowd chanted “ Bring him back”

Funniest moment was when some guy was larking about to the amusement of the crowd and security were throwing him out then letting him return after the crowd chanted “ Bring him back”

Quite enjoyed the pig being chased around by half a dozen butchers.

Going to the Isle of Wight on Tuesday to watch Hampshire v Kent in the One Day Cup. At least we'll get 300 balls each! :)
It does look a really nice venue. An old mate of mine on the island is a bit involved with it all over there and it's a big deal for them quite naturally.

If there's a miserable looking sod of a certain age taking loads of photos it'll be Dave. Tell him Steve says hello and isn't it a pity about Saints.

He's a scummer so that'll cheer him right up.

I wonder if this years tournament being so good may well have softened some of the traditionalist media types view? I don’t follow the Telegraph or Guardian often, but do have their cricket pages book marked, both have ignored the tournament other than a couple of snide articles before it started.

But the last couple of days proper cricket articles have appeared discussing the hundred, Beaumont, Southby and Brook etc.

Along with Root, Rashid and Buttler talking it up, maybe we can get past the bashing stage. Sure not everyone likes it, but everyone doesn’t have to for it to be success, which this season I’d be surprised if it hasn’t achieved very successful attendance and viewing figures.

I wonder if this years tournament being so good may well have softened some of the traditionalist media types view? I don’t follow the Telegraph or Guardian often, but do have their cricket pages book marked, both have ignored the tournament other than a couple of snide articles before it started.

But the last couple of days proper cricket articles have appeared discussing the hundred, Beaumont, Southby and Brook etc.

Along with Root, Rashid and Buttler talking it up, maybe we can get past the bashing stage. Sure not everyone likes it, but everyone doesn’t have to for it to be success, which this season I’d be surprised if it hasn’t achieved very successful attendance and viewing figures.
If it’s been a resounding success than that’s great but for me, try as I might, I still don’t enjoy it, the same with 20/20.

;