Non: The Hundred

Ali Martin’s idea in the Guardian a year or two ago was to make a single test from the summer free to air and turn it into a Wimbledon fortnight style annual event. Necessarily it would probably be Lord’s (so we’d have a good chance of losing) and could even be a shop window for Sky as they’d be “giving one up”.

Seems win win to me but it’s never had any traction as far as I know.

Well before my time but I always think it's a real shame they couldn't make Dean Park work as a venue in this modern era. Very handy location for public transport and post match refreshments.
The beer tent was legendary ! Eldridge Pope used to line it up with barrels of IPA and Royal Oak and serve direct from the barrel. Many an afternoon spent dozing off in the August sunshine !

Lovely feature on Sky with the pundits talking about how to pick up a bat, how to stand, how to catch and how to bowl.

Kids and families everywhere. Exactly what it’s all about.

Old farts moaning everything is to bright and loud. ;) Perfect.

Would be interested to hear fellow Cherries views in this. I can’t stand the hundred. I have no affinity to any of the teams. The London Spirit (who probably should be my team) are made up of players from a variety of different counties. I’d far rather support Middlesex in the One day cup, which includes a match against a very depleted Hampshire today. At least we’re only 3 players down, I think Hampshire are 7/8?!
Exactly the same - simply no connection to a made up team , it just doesn’t mean anything.

Well done Ladies! They commentate on everything! Ladies football not a bloke to be seen! I’ll get me skirt!!

Vince is finished IMO

Nonsense. Player of the tournament in the blast only a few weeks ago. Something like 50+ runs more than anyone else in the competition.

Then overall he became the highest run scorer in the blast ever.

Astounding bit of fielding to save a four in the penultimate over, then made redundant by the fireworks in the last

Reactions: DJ
Astounding bit of fielding to save a four in the penultimate over, then made redundant by the fireworks in the last

I did have to laugh at one point, I flicked over from sky to bbc and they were talking to Bopara who was fielding but mic’d up. He was stood in front of the members area. He couldn’t get over how loud the stadium was and he was asked if the members were enjoying it, he turned around had a quick look and said “erm, they seem to be different members they’re all erm, young”.

Pretty much sums up the hundred in a few seconds I thought.

;