Non - Tokyo Olympics

Another very good looking final medal table. 4th place is pretty damn good for little old UK. Way above the Germans and the French. Or maybe the EU should be a "country" LOL.
Above the Russians again.
Glad to see the USA pip China for top spot. Good performance from the Aussies as well.

Great Britain..the British.. Yo !
We still got it....the Snowflakes are Noflakes....melted!

But thankfully we don't take slaves any more...just prisoners ! :D

Last edited:
Canada had a strong games as well. However, whenever I see these "best ever haul of medals", I wonder to myself "from how many events"? Seems to me that every Olympics, new events are added, more than those that are removed. Could be wrong about that, though, if anyone has any good stats, would love to see them.

The Paralympics will be even better as usual...see some real British Grit from our people...and something special from all the others too!

Enjoyed the games and well done to Tokyo for putting on them, must have been quite a struggle and I expect many sacrifices were made by the locals to provide the world with this spectacle..

some great UK achievements and fantastic medal haul...but also so many nearlies from our Olympians well done all of Team GB..

my highlights were Mixed Swimming Relay...BMX Freestyle and Jason Kenny and his Keirin Gold absolutely blasted the field...

Great for Lauren Price in the Boxing final a truly heart warming story...Tom Daley finally achieving a gold..the true grit of our Triathletes and Modern Pentathalon duo...

Sad for KJT, Gemili and Asher-Smith...hope also that Jade Jones can bounce back from disappointment too...

..at least now I can catch up on some sleep!

;