Non - Ukraine

Right now, we should be very scared being one of the short sighted countries to keep our nuclear weapons. If Nato get involved we will be a nuclear target for Russia as we have a "deterrent" and they have the capability of wiping us out before we even give them a scratch.
I read this a while ago. I understand we'd be targeted by about 100 nuclear weapons. London would have about 10. Our large cities, military bases and places like power stations.
We have trident missiles and would account for perhaps 25M Russians.
All frightening stuff. Imagine though, if only Russia had nukes, playground bully eh?

Very worrying to realise this. I was of the belief that there was some sort of agreement, although not a written treaty, that NATO would not expand to include any former Soviet states. It is clear to me that Putin wants to re-establish the Soviet Union as a new Russian empire and when the first Russian boot steps on any Estonian or Latvian or Lithuanian soil then all us NATO members are committed and obliged to join in and defend them. A very sad and deeply worrying prospect.

Depends what Putin's intentions are. He might want Ukraine to help create a buffer zone so there is more distance between NATO and Russia. Or, he may have ambitions to restore the old Soviet Union.

Neither is good news, but one less catastrophic for the world. Doesn't help the Ukrainians, though.

I read this a while ago. I understand we'd be targeted by about 100 nuclear weapons. London would have about 10. Our large cities, military bases and places like power stations.
We have trident missiles and would account for perhaps 25M Russians.
All frightening stuff. Imagine though, if only Russia had nukes, playground bully eh?

There's other leaders/countries i'd be more worried about how they might use nukes than Russia.

He's power mad, but not a religious fanatic. This is when is starts getting scary.

Putin has just spent a month taking the piss out of World leaders as they scurried over to Moscow in desperate attempt to appease him. He had no intention of pulling back from invading Ukraine despite his statements that have proven to be a pack of lies.

He has invaded a country that has been independent from the old Soviet Union for more than 30 years. There will be outrage from all parts of the world and loads of sanctions that will hurt the Russian people but do nothing to Putin. However, it looks like the world has zero appetite to confront Putin with Military power, which, like most bullies, is probably the only thing that might make him reconsider his actions. China, the one country that might be able to talk with Putin to reign him in, is as silent as ever.

I feel sorry for Ukraine tonight, lots of 'solidarity' from other countries but in reality they are on their own trying to stop the tanks and missiles.

Putin knew it was time to invade Ukraine before they joined NATO.
I'm sure Putin knew what would happen to Russia's economy with the sanctions that would be put in place, but was willing to take the risk.

Yep, and could very well end up with millions of Russians starving/dying I guess, but guess he's factored that in as acceptable collateral damage.

Putin knew it was time to invade Ukraine before they joined NATO.
I'm sure Putin knew what would happen to Russia's economy with the sanctions that would be put in place, but was willing to take the risk.

One has to wonder how Russian mums will feel when the body bag totals rise back home in the Russian motherland. Maybe Putin has boxed himself into a corner and where he will lash out next is anyones guess, hopefully his economy will collapse in short order?

One has to wonder how Russian mums will feel when the body bag totals rise back home in the Russian motherland. Maybe Putin has boxed himself into a corner and where he will lash out next is anyones guess, hopefully his economy will collapse in short order?

Let’s hope the Ukrainians can make it very bloody for the Russians but of course the media there is heavily censored so maybe most Russians won’t know the cost.

Not sure they could tbh. European countries have grown weak and have not spent near enough on defense. They don’t have near enough troops ready and in place or enough aircraft. There’s no way Germany or France is going to go fight Russia unless they are on their own door step instead they will
Be praying it end with the Ukraine
I think Turkey would also be reluctant to get involved.

Ukraine still remembers and those who forgot will be reminded of Holodomor.
This from my mate who is with Sky news in Kiev and what they were told a while ago.
They wont all surrender quietly.
Would expect some retaliation in Moscow to liven things up?

Ukraine still remembers and those who forgot will be reminded of Holodomor.
This from my mate who is with Sky news in Kiev and what they were told a while ago.
They wont all surrender quietly.
Would expect some retaliation in Moscow to liven things up?

They should do attacks in Moscow.

One things for sure ...any Refugees from both sides...guess where they head for...and who takes them....you got it...yup...Woke Britain !
Not Germany....not France....not the Netherlands or Scandinavia or Rep of Ireland nope nope nope....the shores of Blighty will be overrun !

;