Non - What to watch?

Loved the console games.
Was a bit concerned when I heard they were making a tv series - but the trailer looks like they have nailed it.

As soon as I see Walton Goggins, I'm in. He's brilliant in everything he does. The Shield was a masterclass, primarily down to him and Michael Chiklis. Justified also. I haven't played the game, tried 4 but couldn't get in to it.

Just finished watching True Detective season 4 starring Jodie Foster. Brilliant.
Must admit I lost interest by the end as it just got more and more implausible. Maybe it's just me, and I do like Jodie Foster. However, I thought seasons 1 and 3 were excellent.

Trailer Park Boys on Netfix. Following the antics of Nova Scotia trailer park trash Ricky, Julian & Bubbles. Absolute buffoonery and slapstick. Jim Lahey, the park's perma drunk supervisor & ex policeman is hilarious, as is his boyfriend Randy (alias 'Smokey' from when he was a rent boy). Highly recommended but probably not for all.
Some of my life's best memories will forever be staying up late (2 episodes per night at 23:05 & 23:35 iirc) watching this on Comedy Central in probably 2005/06 when I was still living home with my parents, those nights sat up with my dad watching TPB for the first time were absolutely priceless memories that I'll treasure forever.

Trailer Park Boys will always be the greatest TV ever made, especially every time Lahey is on screen.

Loved the console games.
Was a bit concerned when I heard they were making a tv series - but the trailer looks like they have nailed it.
I don't watch much TV these days but am counting down the days til this starts, high hopes!

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned on here before... but just in case...

S3 of Slow Horses... Only a few episodes in but another great series... Well worth a watch (Apple TV though)

I hope all who enjoyed Dune Part I have gotten to see Dune Part II by now.

I thought they did a great job. So pleased to have such a high standard screen adaptation of that world.

I feel sorry for any director who is not Denis Villeneuve or Chris Nolan... the two of them are on a different planet in producing the very highest quality of movies and getting people out of their homes and back into cinemas.

Dune I and II are my favourite films of the last 5 years. Utterly stunning and so close to the source material that many thought impossible.

Special mention for Hans Zimmer too who works closely with both of them. Just incredible.

Must admit I lost interest by the end as it just got more and more implausible. Maybe it's just me, and I do like Jodie Foster. However, I thought seasons 1 and 3 were excellent.

Watched episode 2 of series 4 tonight of True Detective, surprised to see ‘Doctor Who’ and also Dervla Kirwan in it. Christopher Eccleston for me was one of the best to play Doctor Who.

Probably series 1 and 3 are the best, with 3 just edging it for me.

Last edited:
The Signal on is a sci-fi mini series on Netflix. Not bad at all. Strange signal from deep space with earthly consequences. A fair bit of sub title dialogue as it's a German production, but I quite like that as then I can't tell if the acting is wooden!

;