Non - What to watch?

The Gentleman. A Guy Ritchie series with a similar premise to the movie starring matthew Mcconaughey. Enjoyable and typical Ritchie with some similarities to snatch also

If you want to watch a comedy-drama good feel film like the 1990’s Brassed Off which was about a colliery band in the North of England, then if you haven’t seen it The Bank of Dave is a good watch on Netflix.

Based on the true story of Dave Fishwick a self made millionaire from Burnley who gave out loans to the local community who couldn’t get them from the banks.

There is some poetic licence used to the actual true story.

The Burnley manager at the time of the filming, was Sean Dyche and he makes a brief appearance in the film.

Further to one of my previous posts:

This Town ;BBC1 9:pM Sunday March 31.
From the pen of Peaky Blinders' creator Steven Knight.
Recounts the story of family and friends forming a band against the backdrop of 80's Biringham's ska/two tone scene.
Finished this on iPlayer last night.
Magnificent drama, brilliant soundtrack. Michelle Dockery is outstanding!

I know I’ve already bleated on about Shōgun on Disney
But we are up to Ep8 and it just keeps getting better
Last nights ep was unbelievably tense - don’t think I drew breath for the last 15 mins.
Cannot recommend highly enough.

Ripley....on Netflix.....acquired taste...but I'm hooked....I nearly gave up on it ....but then suddenly....wow....filmed in black and white set in Italy in the 60s.

I know I’ve already bleated on about Shōgun on Disney
But we are up to Ep8 and it just keeps getting better
Last nights ep was unbelievably tense - don’t think I drew breath for the last 15 mins.
Cannot recommend highly enough.
I have unboxed my old set of Clavell Novels and plan to take them on over the summer.

5 stars in the Grauniad

Looking forward to tucking into this.

Need to play 3, 3 nv and 4 on console.

Was waiting for next gen enhancement that's been rumoured for a while before going straight in with 4.

But watched a few yiutube videos recently that said 3 is 'better' fallout experience in many ways. 4 obviously newer, but apparently a bit more action orientated and plot/pacing not as good as 3.

Was even tempted to start from beginning and isometric 1 and 2, but likely janky and dated. But people on fallout forum still say they're good if you can get to grips with mechanics.

May just watch summary video on 1 and 2 tbh and start soon with 3... once I complete the incredible deadspace remake. What a game that is. Cross between aliens film vibe and resident evil. Atmosphere, vibe is sublime, atmospheric and extremely polished.

Skyrim is in my top 3 games of all time. Will likely play fallouts then hopefully starfield will be more polished/finished, what with Bethesda seemingly living up to their rep of releasing games and taking years to polish/optimize it!

On iPlayer currently is 'The Dropout' - a dramatisation of the Theranos / Elizabeth Holmes scandal. Stephen Fry pops up in it. 8 episodes, a look at perhaps the worst of the California tech bubble. Worth a go.

As has been mentioned by others, we watched The Gentleman TV series over three nights, last four episodes last night.

All about opinions but thought it was great.

The star of the series for me was Kaya Scodelario who played Susie Glass, thought she was excellent.

Last edited:
Looking forward to tucking into this.

Need to play 3, 3 nv and 4 on console.

Was waiting for next gen enhancement that's been rumoured for a while before going straight in with 4.

But watched a few yiutube videos recently that said 3 is 'better' fallout experience in many ways. 4 obviously newer, but apparently a bit more action orientated and plot/pacing not as good as 3.

Was even tempted to start from beginning and isometric 1 and 2, but likely janky and dated. But people on fallout forum still say they're good if you can get to grips with mechanics.

May just watch summary video on 1 and 2 tbh and start soon with 3... once I complete the incredible deadspace remake. What a game that is. Cross between aliens film vibe and resident evil. Atmosphere, vibe is sublime, atmospheric and extremely polished.

Skyrim is in my top 3 games of all time. Will likely play fallouts then hopefully starfield will be more polished/finished, what with Bethesda seemingly living up to their rep of releasing games and taking years to polish/optimize it!
NV is head and shoulders above the other two as it has a lot of the original Fallout team working on it. It starts much more low power and captures the bleakness, dark humour and cargo cult culture of the older games.

However, unless you were a massive Fallout 1/2 nerd then I doubt you'd care.

@MB1980 - honestly mate, I’d give Starfield a miss.
Probably the most disappointing console game I’ve ever played.
10 years of build up - and after 10 hrs you knew it was crap.

;