Non - What to watch?

Movie wise just watched 'Land of Bad'. Really enjoyed it.
Series wise I'm working my way through 'Tour of Duty'. A real throwback to my yoof days, coming home abit squiffy and watching this late at night. I've nearly finished Series 1 and although it now comes across as dated( which it is) it's reminded me of just how good a series it was.

Series wise I'm working my way through 'Tour of Duty'. A real throwback to my yoof days, coming home abit squiffy and watching this late at night. I've nearly finished Series 1 and although it now comes across as dated( which it is) it's reminded me of just how good a series it was.

Good shout. Didn't watch thst series properly 'back in the day'. Have to revisit it properly...

Loved the intro/theme song. One of the best intros imo.

Further to one of my previous posts:

This Town ;BBC1 9:pM Sunday March 31.
From the pen of Peaky Blinders' creator Steven Knight.
Recounts the story of family and friends forming a band against the backdrop of 80's Biringham's ska/two tone scene.

Used to watch it on a friday(?) night after the pub That was when i could stay awake after 10!

Watched the first of the new three part series Ricky, Sue & a Trip or Two.

I first saw Ricky Tomlinson and Sue Johnston in the first episode of Brookside, my favourite soap.

The first show was about Liverpool, it featured Brookside Close where it was filmed.

Also they went down the Cavern, visited Anfield and the pie shop.

Easy watching.

Currently enjoying 'Always Sunny in Phili...'.

G/F has watched the lot and recommended it. Always have reservations about US sitcoms, but must admit its pretty funny... pushes limits of appropriateness.

Good tv to watch when you have odd 20-30 mins here and there. Easy and accessible... bit like me.

Finished watching The Gone on BBC 4 last night.

Set in New Zealand, thought it was good, then that ending!

Anyone else seen it?

They are making a second series.

Finished watching The Gone on BBC 4 last night.

Set in New Zealand, thought it was good, then that ending!

Anyone else seen it?

They are making a second series.
Recorded it - don't spoil it anyone!

Just finished The Stranger - a Harlan Coben story on Netflix (one of many). Siobahn Finneran is really good in it. Would recommend as highly watchable.

I used to love Tour of Duty , part of that late night television bonanza across ITV back in the day. Crime Story was another great series back then, with Del Shannon's "Runaway " as the theme tune. I'd love to watch that again.

I am about to start watching " Masters of the Air " on AppleTV - The third part of the WW2 Trilogy , follwoing on from Band of Brothers and The Pacific. It's about the "Mighty Eighth " - the US 8th Air Force operating out of England from 1942 during the Second World War.
For those interested in podcasts , Al Murray and James Holland have just done a seven-part series on this on their superb WW2 podcast " We have ways of making you talk "
Absolutely at the top of their game on that .

I am about to start watching " Masters of the Air " on AppleTV - The third part of the WW2 Trilogy , follwoing on from Band of Brothers and The Pacific. It's about the "Mighty Eighth " - the US 8th Air Force operating out of England from 1942 during the Second World War.
For those interested in podcasts , Al Murray and James Holland have just done a seven-part series on this on their superb WW2 podcast " We have ways of making you talk "
Agree. We Have Ways is essential bath time listening. Brilliant stuff.
As for Masters of the Air, I've only managed a freebie first episode and I'd be interested to know how you get on with it.
Band of Brothers was a masterpiece so Spielberg/Hanks will have to go some to match that.

I used to love Tour of Duty , part of that late night television bonanza across ITV back in the day. Crime Story was another great series back then, with Del Shannon's "Runaway " as the theme tune. I'd love to watch that again.
Ahh another one for Tour of Duty... Loved the original movies, when Vietnam war films were a bit of a thing... Thought the series was good to begin with and whilst still very watchable, it became a bit too 'series-like' and less like the movies as it went on... Didn't realise you could still watch it...

Just watched Masters of the Air.
Was unsure after a couple of episodes
By the end I was totally gripped.
Stunning (and very grim) cgi

MOTA is fantastic. Visually absolutely stunning. The horror of what both bomber crews and civilians went through is captured so well (if that’s the right term to use).

We Have Ways pod is also excellent. I’m part of the Independent Company (subscription paying member) and there are quite a number of IC based in Dorset. There is a festival too - WeHaveWaysFest.co.uk

Masters of the Air is great. Possibly not quite as good as Band of Brothers or The Pacific imo but great none the less

MOTA is fantastic. Visually absolutely stunning. The horror of what both bomber crews and civilians went through is captured so well (if that’s the right term to use).

We Have Ways pod is also excellent. I’m part of the Independent Company (subscription paying member) and there are quite a number of IC based in Dorset. There is a festival too - WeHaveWaysFest.co.uk
I think I will be joining the IC this month .
Would love to do a WeHaveWaysFest ..

Just binged 3 Body Problem on Netflix.
Would give it an 8/10
I read the book last year (a deep and truly peculiar Chinese science fiction story set during the cultural revolution about contact with an alien civilisation) and they have done a decent job of what I thought would be just about unfilmable (the Panama Canal scene is a triumph).
Some of the characters in the early eps are a bit shít
but the whole thing comes together to be pretty good by the end.
Books 2 + 3 seem even more unfilmable - so be interesting to see how they do, if they get renewed.

;