Non - Zouma

What annoys me about these things, obviously other than that there's some absolute dickhead mistreating animals and laughing about it, is that people are having a pop at his manager for picking him. Why on earth should the manager have to be the moral arbiter for everything their players might get up to? If the guy's employers or the football authorities want to ban him then they should do it and not pass the buck to a manager who has enough to worry about.

Ok, so I really do get the issue of animal cruelty. I'm an animal lover myself and have 3 dogs that are a massive part of the family but let's face the facts with this. If it hadn't have been a footballer doing this then it wouldn't have made even a paragraph in your local rag. The RSPCA do a wonderful job and all of my dogs are via rehoming, one's all the way from Romania, but animal cruelty happens everyday all over this country from breeding farms to dogs bred dor fighting. This really isn't a story but it just so happened to be a PL footballer. I'm not saying it's right, 100% not saying that but a £250,000 fine?? That's absurd, unless all of that money goes to the RSPCA.

I agree. But the way things work, if it involves someone high profile (celebs in Brian's world) it will get more attention, which can only be a good thing.

Ok, so I really do get the issue of animal cruelty. I'm an animal lover myself and have 3 dogs that are a massive part of the family but let's face the facts with this. If it hadn't have been a footballer doing this then it wouldn't have made even a paragraph in your local rag. The RSPCA do a wonderful job and all of my dogs are via rehoming, one's all the way from Romania, but animal cruelty happens everyday all over this country from breeding farms to dogs bred dor fighting. This really isn't a story but it just so happened to be a PL footballer. I'm not saying it's right, 100% not saying that but a £250,000 fine?? That's absurd, unless all of that money goes to the RSPCA.

Surely the same could be said for any other crime such sexual/physical assault or drink driving. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

I'm guessing you had similar issues with RSPCA and Blue Cross not allowing you to home a dog? We spent 2 years trying before someone got us in touch with a Romanian charity. A proper mutt and a lovely dog despite her history.

Last edited:
What annoys me about these things, obviously other than that there's some absolute dickhead mistreating animals and laughing about it, is that people are having a pop at his manager for picking him. Why on earth should the manager have to be the moral arbiter for everything their players might get up to? If the guy's employers or the football authorities want to ban him then they should do it and not pass the buck to a manager who has enough to worry about.

The manager is the only mandatory person for an interview. Zouma and the owners can just duck out.

Surely the same could be said for any other crime such sexual/physical assault or drink driving. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

I'm guessing you had similar issues with RSPCA and Blue Cross not allowing you to home a dog? We ended up with a Romanian rescue too. A proper mutt and a lovely dog despite her history.
Not sure what you're getting at but never tried to re-home from the RSPCA nor the Blue Cross. Had dogs all my life and never had an issue rehoming. Of my current three two are from Pound Puppies at Lytchett and one from the Labrador Trust btw.
The point I'm making i guess is that animal cruelty happens everyday and lowlife scumbags get a miserly fine, a ban from keeping pets and sod all else for the hurt and suffering that they give animals. ( Some do get jail time admittedly). So I have no issue with giving huge fines and preferably jail time to these ar£eholes but don't make this a big show just because it's a footballer, do it to every scumbag, every time.

An apology organised by his agent and written by a PR company. No normal person treats a cat like that. He’s either sick or bad. Either way West Ham should have removed him from their squad until further notice. And the behaviour is clearly something that should be prosecuted by Police. But after Birus Johnson has distorted the nations moral compass anything goes

The manager is the only mandatory person for an interview. Zouma and the owners can just duck out.

Fine but I don't see why he's the guy expected to make these moral decisions. Same as Southgate has somehow got to manage a football team and be judge and jury regarding player misdemeanors. If he needs to be banned then the FA, PL or West Ham should ban him. If he's available Moyes should get on with doing his job.

Not sure what you're getting at but never tried to re-home from the RSPCA nor the Blue Cross. Had dogs all my life and never had an issue rehoming. Of my current three two are from Pound Puppies at Lytchett and one from the Labrador Trust btw.
The point I'm making i guess is that animal cruelty happens everyday and lowlife scumbags get a miserly fine, a ban from keeping pets and sod all else for the hurt and suffering that they give animals. ( Some do get jail time admittedly). So I have no issue with giving huge fines and preferably jail time to these ar£eholes but don't make this a big show just because it's a footballer, do it to every scumbag, every time.

Twofold just that I wanted to share that I adopted a Romanian dog too and was curious if you tried Blue Cross and RSPCA and had no joy too.

The other part was that I totally misread your post, it came across to me like "animal cruelty happens all the time why the big deal now it's a footballer?" but it's clear from your reply I got it wrong. My mistake.

Fine but I don't see why he's the guy expected to make these moral decisions. Same as Southgate has somehow got to manage a football team and be judge and jury regarding player misdemeanors. If he needs to be banned then the FA, PL or West Ham should ban him. If he's available Moyes should get on with doing his job.

where do you stand on Man U not picking Greenwood?

I get what you're saying to a point in that certain conduct should be managed higher up but that responsibility is a grey area. When Afobe broke pre match curfew to cheat on his wife who would be responsible for that? Eddie? Blake? Hughes? Max?

In truth I suspect whoever they could get their hands on would be grilled about Zouma's selection.

I get what you're saying to a point in that certain conduct should be managed higher up but that responsibility is a grey area. When Afobe broke pre match curfew to cheat on his wife who would be responsible for that? Eddie? Blake? Hughes? Max?

In truth I suspect whoever they could get their hands on would be grilled about Zouma's selection.

I think there's two parts to Afobe's 'crime' there. Breaking the rules imposed by the manager - obviously the manager would punish that. Cheating on his missus, well that's for her to punish.

How did the video come to light?

Surely he didn’t put it online.

Fined two weeks wages by West Ham thought to be £250,000, which will be given to animal charities.

" I luv you pussy cat.. I do "
.bang! wallop !
"Pussycat I luv you"
Wallop...bang...have some more b@stard mog !

Celeb Culture at its finest !!!

I'm almost done with PL w@nkers!
Brian, I really think it’s got nothing to do with Zouma being a celebrity

It’s got more to do with Zouma being a cunt

Apologies if anyone’s offended by the language, but I’m a cat person

Brian, I really think it’s got nothing to do with Zouma being a celebrity

It’s got more to do with Zouma being a cunt

Apologies if anyone’s offended by the language, but I’m a cat person

Me too...love cats ..all types and sizes.

The link to Celebrity..is that many PL players they think they are untouchable and laws don't apply to them!

;