Nonny

Desperately sad news, RIP Nonny. I'm sure Red Army will continue to be sung loud and proud, but it will never feel the same again. Thoughts with his family and friends.

Desperately sad news and a huge loss to the football club.

As I'm sure plenty of others did, I thought about Nonny a lot on Saturday and how the place doesn't feel the same without him.

We all get worked up about players, managers, owners... we can even sustain a thread arguing about whether some CEO is any good when really it's neither here nor there to us. Nothing against these people but none of them really represent what AFCB really is about.

Whether it's at DC every other week or if you've travelled the length of the country to some northern game with only a few hundred cherries there Nonny would be one of them, leading the support. Obviously we all want to see the side win but to me it's the spirit of camaraderie and belonging that is the real drug and people like Nonny, Mick Cunningham, Paul Willis, etc. are the absolute epitome of that and it's not the same without them.

We'll have to make sure we sing as loud as we can in his memory, but let's face it, those of us left on earth are definitely going to be outsung by the AFCB supporters club heaven section.

RIP Nonny you absolute legend.

Glad the club have recognised all he did for us.

That golden voice needs to be blasted out over the speakers just before kick off at every game going forward or the club are missing an absolute trick. Imagine the whole stadium joining in... a fitting tribute to a legend not just of the club but of the entire football league - being close enough to hear opposition fans' reactions to Nonny has also brought much joy over the years!

;