Norwich C v AFC Bournemouth

Steady on Rob, you're gonna be on the Unlimited Magic Minibus, with myself, The Good Lady, Debbie the Driver + 2 A.N.Others. Hopefully there'll be pizza and biscuits, with the occasional quiz from the ancient inquisition book : )

The only "risky" part is the 3 or so hours off the bus : )

And planning can get underway for a trip to Pie and Vinyl : )
As Rob said its gonna be a long day.......................................;):utc:

To help you all deal with Saturday's anxiousness.

PSALM (for match) 23

> Eddie Howe is the gaffer, we shall not want anyone else.
> He maketh us to rise up the leagues. He leadeth us to the Premier League.
> He restoreth our confidence. He leadeth us in the paths of Fletch and MacDougall for Cherries’ sake.
> Yea, though we walk through the valley of Carrow Road, we will fear no Canaries. For the Dutchman and the Columbian are with us, the Scot and the Englishmen will reward us.
> He preparest Table (and Rob, DJ, Neil, Ken, Bill, gazzy, Top and the rest) in the presence of our worry. He anointest the local and the exile. Our Cup run is not over.
> Surely Max and Eddie shall preserve us all the days of this season, and we shall dwell in the Court of (structa) Dean forever.

Steady on Rob, you're gonna be on the Unlimited Magic Minibus, with myself, The Good Lady, Debbie the Driver + 2 A.N.Others. Hopefully there'll be pizza and biscuits, with the occasional quiz from the ancient inquisition book : )

L

I just hope our players are aware of the season long Positivity that bounces around in that bus of yours. I imagine a Sense of Humour is holding the intrepid thing together this winter!

PSALM (for match) 23

> He restoreth our confidence. He leadeth us in the paths of Fletch and MacDougall for Cherries’ sake.
> Yea, though we walk through the valley of Carrow Road, we will fear no Canaries. For the Dutchman and the Columbian are with us, the Scot and the Englishmen will reward us.
> He preparest Table (and Rob, DJ, Neil, Ken, Bill, gazzy, Top and the rest) in the presence of our worry. He anointest the local and the exile. Our Cup run is not over.
> Surely Max and Eddie shall preserve us all the days of this season, and we shall dwell in the Court of (structa) Dean forever.
Excellent work John !
:clap:

PSALM (for match) 23

Oh !...that is pretty damn good Toronto man.

Think this is the turning point of the season, and for our chances of being here next year.

Eddie needs to stop being so stubborn with his tactics and formation. Please, for the love of God, switch to 4-3-3, just something other than an exploitative 4-4-2.

I remember when Surs was getting stick for apparently being one of Eddies' mates and that being the only reason he would play. I think now is the perfect time to start him. Gos and Cook are out of form, so put Billing and Surman in the centre with Lerma behind them, protecting the defence. Surman better start, he was impressive against Luton too.

I'd probably have a shot with Surridge up front. Two out of form strikers need to be benched (Wilson and Solanke), and it's perfect timing to give the youngster the chance to play up top against a leaky defence destined to go back down.

Hopefully Saturday is the day things turn around, I still want Eddie here next season no matter what. He simply needs to adapt to changes

:utc:
Agree on new formation, agree on Lerma holding. Surman did okay against Luton reserves, but he isn't going to be what we need for remainder of season, so I think you give Billings and L Cook benefit of new formation.

There is so much analysis these days that it can pay to be unpredictable so as well as new formation I would be so bold to start Surridge and Dobre. Not based on their cameos but simply energy and wildcard. Playing Dobre central behind front two with license to roam also creates space for Callum in the channels, instead of a centre half on his back. Overall compact but creates a lot more chance of getting ball in good central positions.

At the end of day winning this one is important but has to be in a way that will see us gain momentum into Brighton game and beyond. If we stay tight, nick first goal, then we go get a hateful of goals and confidence.

The Unlimited Magic minibus has been the highlight of many way games! Sometimes I just wish it was the football I remember it for, even though you are all wonderful people!

We have to put Norwich under siege. No tippy tappy sideways and backwards stuff, longer balls if needed. Go at them from the whistle and don't let them settle. Above all don't give silly goals away for once.
:utc::guns:

Part of our problem in playing out from the back isn't just lack of a plan or anything; it's about having the (1) skill and (2) confidence to receive the ball in tight positions and not lose it, or, in certain situations, beat a man in order to open up a passing lane.
When you start doubting your teammates, you don't make that pass when he's already marked because you're afraid he'll lose it. So you pass backward.
Or, when someone is closing you down, instead of taking a touch or two to get around him and create the angle to pass forward, you just pass backward because you're afraid you might lose the ball.
This happened over and over and over against Watford.
I mean, if we don't think we have the skill to compete with our opponents man-to man, what is the point of even showing up??!!
And the worst part of it is, the obsession with being "safe" ultimately becomes more dangerous (see Francis' back-pass to Travers).
:mad:

;