Notts Florist problems ?

Elitism, you do realise Florist fans view themselves as the elite..........................
Thats just a thing borne out of the first and only time weve had a rivallry with them for a few weeks in the Championship....a few of their fans said a few uncomplimentary things about Boscombe as do many other club's idiot contingency....standard thing ..football attracts idiots...we have some on this Forum...a few of ours get uptight about things and expect others to follow like sheep, trading inane insults with thick northerners they've never met.
Strangely they leave the very Elite clubs elitist fans like Manu and Arsenal alone. Weird... Fullstop

Thats just a thing borne out of the first and only time weve had a rivallry with them for a few weeks in the Championship....a few of their fans said a few uncomplimentary things about Boscombe as do many other club's idiot contingency....standard thing ..football attracts idiots...we have some on this Forum...a few of ours get uptight about things and expect others to follow like sheep, trading inane insults with thick northerners they've never met.
Strangely they leave the very Elite clubs elitist fans like Manu and Arsenal alone. Weird... Fullstop

Didn't you go on a load of other clubs forums to wind them up ;)

I guess you see yourself as different :D

Didn't you go on a load of other clubs forums to wind them up ;)

I guess you see yourself as different :D
Only Leeds for anything vicious and venomous...for quite some time...because of what happened in 90..

I went on a few others for just a few laughs and mild banter for very short periods...Watford, Reading and Brighton etcetera.

Come on chief, most of your 'likes' are probably from me ;)

Clough was a phenomenon a proper legend imo.

Books I read about him were very interesting, entertaining, amusing...

Proper character, natural leader who took no sh1t from anyone.
Agree - and to be fair to them what a few years that was 78-80 winning all that .
Their team from 87-90 was pretty good too - they just came up a bit short for honours .

Agree - and to be fair to them what a few years that was 78-80 winning all that .
Their team from 87-90 was pretty good too - they just came up a bit short for honours .
They had 1 FA Cup in 1898 same as Bury or Eton and then it all came in one big burst under a good manager they won 2 europeans cups but only 1 div 1 title, then they did actually win a couple of league cups in a row late 80s with Pearce, Walker etc and then by mid 90's despite having some memorable player like van hooijdonk they got relegated and never came back until last year, it's not consistent it's just a big burst of energy in a small time frame.

They had 1 FA Cup in 1898 same as Bury or Eton and then it all came in one big burst under a good manager they won 2 europeans cups but only 1 div 1 title, then they did actually win a couple of league cups in a row late 80s with Pearce, Walker etc and then by mid 90's despite having some memorable player like van hooijdonk they got relegated and never came back until last year, it's not consistent it's just a big burst of energy in a small time frame.

What about a young Collymore and Jason Lee ;)

Yes they did win two league cups ! Brain fail .

Did Keane and Collymore actually play in the same side? I thought they signed SC with the RK money.
Yeah You're right looking at it they sold Keane in 93 possibly after they had got relegated then came back up in 93-94 finished 3rd in PL 94/95 sold Collymore end of 95 and then after that they gradually fell off a cliff again and were down to Championship 5 years later in 99. They still had some memorable players like van hooijdonk, Bart Williams but they came last. But so did teams like Boro with Ravenelli, Junininho, Emersen got to 2 finals and still got relegated.

Yeah You're right looking at it they sold Keane in 93 possibly after they had got relegated then came back up in 93-94 finished 3rd in PL 94/95 sold Collymore end of 95 and then after that they gradually fell off a cliff again and were down to Championship 5 years later in 99. They still had some memorable players like van hooijdonk, Bart Williams but they came last. But so did teams like Boro with Ravenelli, Junininho, Emersen got to 2 finals and still got relegated.

Don't think the 'marquee' signings they made came off as well as they hoped back then.

Bryan Roy was another one, who looked good for holland/abroad but flopped at forest.

It was a weird time in the 90s/early mid 00's though because teams that went weren't massive clubs compared to the big 6 or even clubs like Villa, Everton or Newcastle got hold of some absolute legends - Bolton Okocha, Djorakaeff, Campo, Anelka. Boro Emerson Ravanelli Juninho Branco. Derby Eranio Baiano. Coventry- Strachan. Dublin. Charlton- Hasselbaink. powell, Saints had Le Tissier kept them up for many years. Blackburn managed to sign Shearer. Sheff Wed had Di Canio and Carbone. Wimbledon had Gayle, Cort and Euell as an efficient front 3 who shared lots of goals. It was like a parallel universe. And none of the clubs are in the PL anymore. I just remember it stood out better because the mid 90s to early 00's was my childhood era but I don't think the modern PL is like that kind of madness anymore it's very watered down TV broadcoast and cash above all, tourists in crowd above all etc.

I can remember Collymore scoring last minute goal for Liverpool in 4-3 over Newcastle in 96 and there fans went mental even though it was helping their biggest rivals United to the title. Even the last day of 94/95 Blackburn went to Anfield and lost 2-1 at Liverpool and knew United would overtake and win title them if they had won at West Ham but they drew and Blackburn won title.
You wouldn't see that these days it would be hate and grudge above professional, we hate each other more than any other english fixture, internet bs and if players have nothing to play for they won't bother.

Last edited:
Met some very sound Forest fans after that promotion decider. They were very complimentary and said we deserved it.
Most just complained about the penalty decision - funny enough they didn’t complain later about their fortune in the play off final

Looking like this is probably hot air. They wouldn't be bidding €25m for players if they couldn't even meet their current obligations:

Although it sounds like Wolves did precisely that with Scott a couple of weeks ago so who can say for sure in the crazy world of football?
They could always do a Chelsea and pay about 50p up front and the rest over 8 years!

;