Oldham Athletic v AFC Bournemouth - 3rd Round FA Cup

oh brian the amount of supporters the stadium can hold does not determine the size of the club, if you talk about historical big clubs then you can judge on past success or how long they been in top league etc., big club in the present will always depend on league positons or cup success, i mean if its judged on how many the team can have watching them live then i must say the team i used to play sunday football for had a pitch in a massive field no doubt on earth you could of fit 25k people there , so does that mean they were bigger then AFCB? or is this just another stick for you to beat the club with???
I think my level of seriousness or sense of humour is maybe hitting the side-netting more often than hitting the target ! :wack:

Talk about a game of two halves! My, that first half was painful. Oldham pressed us high and far too many mistakes, first touches poor. Gosling, Riquelme, Simpson, Kilkenny all over the place with their passing. Kittens every time they had the ball. Zemura seemingly can only pass backwards. Brooks the only bright spark. Could have been 2-0 down at HT. Credit to Oldham but we were really poor. Second half different story. Rico, Zemura, Stacey all pushing high up the pitch. Kilkenny and Billing pulling the strings. Riquelme prominent. Chances created and taken. All the game played in Oldham’s half. Thought Anthony looked great when he came on, what a dummy for King’s second. Shout out to CCV who didn’t put a foot wrong. Could have ended 7-1.
Funny old game!

Talk about a game of two halves! My, that first half was painful. Oldham pressed us high and far too many mistakes, first touches poor. Gosling, Riquelme, Simpson, Kilkenny all over the place with their passing. Kittens every time they had the ball. Zemura seemingly can only pass backwards. Brooks the only bright spark. Could have been 2-0 down at HT. Credit to Oldham but we were really poor. Second half different story. Rico, Zemura, Stacey all pushing high up the pitch. Kilkenny and Billing pulling the strings. Riquelme prominent. Chances created and taken. All the game played in Oldham’s half. Thought Anthony looked great when he came on, what a dummy for King’s second. Shout out to CCV who didn’t put a foot wrong. Could have ended 7-1.
Funny old game!

Again I thought it was another game where the opposition were set up to use a high intensity press to nullify our attacking threat from the kickoff. As per the championship games that played out like this I thought they would tire doing this and boy did they tire second half. As much as we played well to get back into the game, there was far more space for us second half.

Again I thought it was another game where the opposition were set up to use a high intensity press to nullify our attacking threat from the kickoff. As per the championship games that played out like this I thought they would tire doing this and boy did they tire second half. As much as we played well to get back into the game, there was far more space for us second half.
Yep that was our hope too, that they would tire in the second half, their press was very impressive first half and effective. And so it proved...credit to JT for keeping patience with the team. No doubt he he told them they had 15 minutes to pull their fingers out second half and it worked out ok! Thought we looked excellent after the break.

Always quite amusing reading back some of the OTT, bedwetting posts in the first half.

Some of you have really become all Billy big bollox after where we have been for the last few years.
Especially if we're not having it all our own way & teams don't roll over for us.

Don't think the comments were that bad,for proper bedwetting read the first half comments when we played Reading.

As I read this have got Arsenal v Newkey,Arsenal player fouled in box but no penalty.Commentator then says VAR check is complete.
Then watching replay they say VAR must have presumed it was accidental.
I really despair sometimes!!

Last edited:
As I read this have got Arsenal v Newkey,Arsenal player fouled in box but no penalty.Commentator then says VAR check is complete.
Then watching replay they say VAR must have presumed it was accidental.
I really despair sometimes!!

Now commentators saying VAR overturned a red card.
Am I wrong ,? but I thought VAR wasn't being used in the FA Cup!

;