Oldham Athletic v AFC Bournemouth - 3rd Round FA Cup

Good performance, always looked like the superior side. Nice to see the youngsters. If that is King's last game for us, nice way to go out. Jack Simpson looked very steady, hopefully maturing with each outing.

Zemura at wing back looks tasty.
CCV looked ok, will be an option. Simpson ok.
Good to get Stacey some minutes. Guessing Smith starts on Tuesday but Stacey will be needed.
Good for Roro and Brooks to get goals, in and out of the game.
King in the shop window, also in and out.

CCV was good but what exactly did he do that was so stupendously amazing to lift himself above Simpson?
He's not in competition with Simpson tbf......As a right sided CB he's vrying for a spot ahead of Mepham or Cook.....a tough ask tbf unless we play with a 3........ it wasn't so much that CCV did anything stupendous but rather the fact that he was so solid.....did'nt put a foot wrong.........i really don't get the criticism of Simpson either....no one on here ever mentions the good things he does......just one of those players .

He's not in competition with Simpson tbf......As a right sided CB he's vrying for a spot ahead of Mepham or Cook.....a tough ask tbf unless we play with a 3........ it wasn't so much that CCV did anything stupendous but rather the fact that he was so solid.....did'nt put a foot wrong.........i really don't get the criticism of Simpson either....no one on here ever mentions the good things he does......just one of those players .
Yes agreed i think Simpson was fine, zemora looked better going forward, not so great defensively

I always find these games interesting as to who we completely leave out as they tend to be the players perceived as our key players! Spot on with Bego, both Cooks and Dom in my opinion! Anyone have any news on the lesser spotted Arnie?! Would love to get him back sooner rather than later!

Agree but the change to 3-4-3 suited us from the start of the second half
You need decent wingbacks to play that way, we haven't got that against good championship teams imo.

;