Other poster abuse

You would then revert to calling people balloon heads and so on.

That's probably better than 'knob jockey'.

Can't be arsed to trawl back through all the other names he's been called.

He's a Boscombe fan and may well not be like the rest of you red blooded males sniffing round for a victim.

It's not actually him cluttering up threads, it's the endless, off topic replies aimed at him.

I just wish he was an away fan. :grinning:

Last edited:
That's probably better than 'knob jockey'.

Can't be asked to trawl back through all the other names he's been called.

He's a Boscombe fan and may well not be like the rest of you red blooded males sniffing round for a victim.

It's not actually him cluttering up threads, it's the endless, off topic replies aimed at him.

I just wish he was an away fan. :grinning:

You are in fact correct. I am making a conserted effort to avoid any name calling, although I am finding this a difficult phase to go through as there are many who simply cannot see what is staring them in the face and so, it is difficult to avoid any expletives aimed in these persons direction. So far I am holding firm.

Last edited:
You are in fact correct. I am making a conserted effort to avoid any name calling, although I am finding this a difficult phase to go through as there are many who simply cannot see what is staring them in the face an so it is difficult to avoid any expletives aimed in these person direction. So far I am holding firm.

Why don't you just make an effort to be objective in your thinking and not just be negative for the sake of it?

I have now refrained from name calling although it is difficult sometimes when people just cannot see what is staring them in the face. What is happening now is people will disparage anything I post regardless of its validity. You may care to note my posts today and see if you can pick holes in them.

One could say Good Evening to someone and it will be considered as an insult.

In essence this just boils down to the fact that you will attack all people that have a different opinion from your own. I strongly suspect that it is you that reported me to the administrator for allegedly repeating myself, of which is untrue, in a deliberate attempt to get me removed from the forum. If people raise the same points then it will attract the same response.

In view of this you will now no doubt be devastated by the news that I will now no longer respond to your posts and or comments and I suggest you do the same with mine.

You are in fact correct. I am making a conserted effort to avoid any name calling, although I am finding this a difficult phase to go through as there are many who simply cannot see what is staring them in the face and so, it is difficult to avoid any expletives aimed in these persons direction. So far I am holding firm.

What can you say???? We all may suffer a bit from alternate realities, but this, right here .... (my highliting, by the way).

The regular inaccuracies, the repetition, the insistence that we will be in a relegation battle this year .... it's just so draining. And the con-job to get back on the site ... I'm not sure how that was allowed.

Some suggest that he should get cut a break. I say that you have to earn that kind of response. Others on here also have suggested some gloom from time to time .... do they get called on it? Not a lot, because they have earned the respect of others on the forum. Many have tried to assist the "poster" with suggestions, but these go by and large ignored.

I agree that it is unfortunate that he is back. But, try as he might, he will fall into his old habits and CherryBright will soon join smhinto on the list of expunged forum members.

I strongly suspect that it is you that reported me to the administrator for allegedly repeating myself, of which is untrue, in a deliberate attempt to get me removed from the forum.

Just to clarify, I reported your post. In general I've got no real problem with you filling up the board with your posts, but when there are two identical ones just three apart in the same thread (#12 and #15 on the "Mark Pugh must play against Everton" thread) then that's getting ridiculous.

Not aiming to get you off the forum, just hoping it would stop the repetition as you responded negatively when I questioned it in the thread.

What can you say???? We all may suffer a bit from alternate realities, but this, right here .... (my highliting, by the way).

The regular inaccuracies, the repetition, the insistence that we will be in a relegation battle this year .... it's just so draining. And the con-job to get back on the site ... I'm not sure how that was allowed.

Some suggest that he should get cut a break. I say that you have to earn that kind of response. Others on here also have suggested some gloom from time to time .... do they get called on it? Not a lot, because they have earned the respect of others on the forum. Many have tried to assist the "poster" with suggestions, but these go by and large ignored.

I agree that it is unfortunate that he is back. But, try as he might, he will fall into his old habits and CherryBright will soon join smhinto on the list of expunged forum members.

Then in which case please feel free not to respond to or read my comments and I shall do the same with yours. This way I am sure we will get on fine.

Then in which case please feel free not to respond to or read my comments and I shall do the same with yours. This way I am sure we will get on fine.
Nope. Tried that, didn't work. You can ignore me all you like, but if you continue in smhinto-mode, you will likely have the same fate, as you will be reported.

In other words you will report any post or comment that I make that you just happen to disagree with.

I've never reported anyone's post, if it's started to get personal I just go to private message instead. Most folk are pretty reasonable. I will do all I can to only attack your points rather than yourself. Any one reporting a post for an opinion will be ignored, however if the post does contain abuse then there are grounds for the objection being upheld

If you feel the world is against you then tread a finer line, your comments about women elsewhere really don't help your case

I've never reported anyone's post, if it's started to get personal I just go to private message instead. Most folk are pretty reasonable. I will do all I can to only attack your points rather than yourself. Any one reporting a post for an opinion will be ignored, however if the post does contain abuse then there are grounds for the objection being upheld

If you feel the world is against you then tread a finer line, your comments about women elsewhere really don't help your case

Yeah, cb, good comments. In fact, I did "have it out" with one other via pm at one point, turned out to be well resolved and I now count him as a good friend on the board and someone whose posts I look forward to reading.

Minty, I say it as I see it. If you post something that I agree with, I will say so, and I'll comment if someone criticises you for a reasonable post. But the problem is that your negativity just generally irritates those on the forum. It gives the impression that you glory in AFCB defeats, and get very little pleasure from us winning. We are FANS on here after all. It's worth thinking about your posts before you post them. To merely tell those on this forum to ignore you if they disagree with you simply isn't going to stop well-founded criticism you get with your gloomy outlook.

Sorry, can't let that one go.

He's been called far worse by others on here.

Have they been reported?

I hope not; but in the same way neither should he.

"Gimp" is a horrible word, over here at least. We have seen racist, ethnic, homophobic and misogynist language called out. And admittedly, many of us come from an era where we freely used all of those epithets, and still might do in close circles. If he feels abused, it's his right to report it. Or anyone else's for that matter.
If someone has my respect on this board, he gets a pass unless it gets out of hand.

Why can't you accept that what you claim is "staring people in the face" is purely and simply your personal opinion and that others are entitled to take a different opinion which may well turn out to be more accurate.

I'm feeling a bit left out here. I've never blocked, ignored or reported anyone nor have I had a private argument on DMs. You're all gimps!:throw:

;