Other poster abuse

I have met many of the people that post on here. There are many others that I haven't met, but know someone who has met them.

Minty goes back a long way, at least the Benson era. Someone on here must know him from then.

How would you know who reports what ? I thought the moderators said they had only had a few reports about your alter ego so that doesn't really fit with your narrative.

Reports should be confidential and handled accordingly and I suspect they are.
Isn’t this what the forum moderators are for?

I don’t think we need the internet police telling people what to post or not post.

You post something offensive and get penalised for it then that’s the consequence of your choice.

I actually don’t see any ‘bullying’ of said person, just people highlighting the errors in what he posts.

Reap what you sow and all that, but censorship and being told/advised what to post? No thanks

Alert and/or ignore options are excellent functions on this forum.

I've been placed on Ignore.......by my Missus.....about an hour ago...it's always worse when you don't know why....and they don't tell you until hours later...by which time you have dug a deeper hole by suggesting reasons.....which will in turn be eligible for more ' Ignores'!
Women play this game well.....it's how they shrink our brains temporarily..to get the upper hand.
Silence is golden....they say....I need to try it!

I've been placed on Ignore.......by my Missus.....about an hour ago...it's always worse when you don't know why....and they don't tell you until hours later...by which time you have dug a deeper hole by suggesting reasons.....which will in turn be eligible for more ' Ignores'!
Women play this game well.....it's how they shrink our brains temporarily..to get the upper hand.

You should take her upstairs and give her a good seeing too.
I'm sure she will tell you everything afterwards as you lay in each others arms.

It is actually safe to wish everybody a pleasant and relaxing evening??

Or will this plesentary be deemed as inappropriate or in any way offensive or maybe $exist perhaps?? I really do not know in the current climate.
CB, thanks for your wishes and welcome to the forum from CC!
A pleasant evening to you too!
Despite our current injuries, let's hope against hope for the best result we can achieve this weekend!
Up the Cherries! Brightly!

I'm a relatively old poster on here, although due to difficulties on accessing my password was only able to read posts and did not comment. In the old 'RednBlack' days I posted as duncandoughnuts.
I , over the years have been more than happy to just read the posts on here, up until more recently.
Yes, said poster annoyed me and thus prompted me into going all out to retrieve said password so I could comment again, only to find he's changed his user name.
A note to said poster. I have found a couple of your posts on here very amusing, in particular your altercations with a steward when trying to leave a game early and a follow up to another poster when you replied to a picture, "No, I was wearing burgundy brogues".
I for one don't like the repetitive negativity in much of your posts leading up to match day.
I suppose to a degree we all mull over things before the game.
I tend to respond to my girlfriend when she asks, "Is your team playing tonight"?
"Yes, Liverpool away. Hoping for a win, would take a draw, but think we will lose".
I get nervous on a Sunday morning switching on my computer and loading up sky sports news, football results.
So what I'm trying to say to said poster, please try to offer something more positive. After all, you would never try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs, as the saying goes.
I've only attended some dozen premier league games over the years as I live in Melbourne.
Anyway, if you've read my ramblings, cheers.

I'm a relatively old poster on here, although due to difficulties on accessing my password was only able to read posts and did not comment. In the old 'RednBlack' days I posted as duncandoughnuts.
I , over the years have been more than happy to just read the posts on here, up until more recently.
Yes, said poster annoyed me and thus prompted me into going all out to retrieve said password so I could comment again, only to find he's changed his user name.
A note to said poster. I have found a couple of your posts on here very amusing, in particular your altercations with a steward when trying to leave a game early and a follow up to another poster when you replied to a picture, "No, I was wearing burgundy brogues".
I for one don't like the repetitive negativity in much of your posts leading up to match day.
I suppose to a degree we all mull over things before the game.
I tend to respond to my girlfriend when she asks, "Is your team playing tonight"?
"Yes, Liverpool away. Hoping for a win, would take a draw, but think we will lose".
I get nervous on a Sunday morning switching on my computer and loading up sky sports news, football results.
So what I'm trying to say to said poster, please try to offer something more positive. After all, you would never try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs, as the saying goes.
I've only attended some dozen premier league games over the years as I live in Melbourne.
Anyway, if you've read my ramblings, cheers.

One will always try to offer something positive, but there is always room for reality and realism when there is a need. This is what some posters will not accept. We have injury problems at the moment of which will always impact on results and performances. I fail to see why this cannot be commented on.

I am pleased you enjoyed my record of events from various grounds, there are many more I could recite, but as per normal there will be always be someone who will berate them.

I wish you well and yes it would be nice to get someting at Everton on Sunday.

Last edited:
One will always try to offer something positive, but there is always room for reality and realism when there is a need. This is what some poster will not accept. We have injury problems at the moment of which will always impact on results and performances. I fail to see why this cannot be commented on.

I am pleased you enjoyed my record of events from various grounds, there are many more I could recite, but as per normal there will be alwys be someone who will berate them.

The opposite of positive is negative, not 'reality' or 'realism' I think this sums up problem.

One will always try to offer something positive, but there is always room for reality and realism when there is a need. This is what some poster will not accept. We have injury problems at the moment of which will always impact on results and performances. I fail to see why this cannot be commented on.

I am pleased you enjoyed my record of events from various grounds, there are many more I could recite, but as per normal there will be alwys be someone who will berate them.

See your post about the scouting story was an interesting insight and shows you do have a soul.

I’m not sure I have ever seen anything else positive though in what must be nearly 10 years of Echo posts and more recently on here.....

If you are a long term supporter then surely you must see that we’ve never had things so good and there’s positivity everywhere if you want to see it?

Saying that everything you post is reality and not rose tinted just doesn’t cut it with me I’m afraid.

Someone posted a link to those BMW forums. Same guy manages to post normally on there over a number of years. Nothing about being 'realistic' or the 'reality' of owning an unreliable car, no accusing people of being rose tints, no general trolling or spamming.

I think he has an affinity with the club but hates the fanbase. He probably never did but the OHEC saga has implanted a deep mistrust of online AFCB fans in his head.

an unfortunate aspect of some mental illness is seeking attention - but not being able to deal with it when it comes along. in an ideal world, some tolerance & sensitivity would be made by either side. a footy messageboard is rarely an "idea world"... until the time comes when someone is seriously ill, or a death has occurred.

In a perverse way I think he's good value on here but I can't help feeling that somebody at the club has upset him in the past. Maybe he offered his scouting duties to the club and was laughed out of the place.
I think you’re probably correct there... during our first and second seasons in the EPL, his recommendation to replace Elphick or Cook was DAVID WHEATER of Bolton!!! That was around the same time as putting forward Jamie Ward as a much needed ball winning midfielder... he’s a striker/winger!!! Some scout!

You could be accused of being $exist and so, making a $exist remark here. I made an 'off the cuff' remark yesterday that was made with the intent of humour and levity and no disrepect to women was intended. I was referring to their continous use of their facial verbal commuincating apparatus in continuous use. But as per usual people mis-construde the intent and context of the comment of which I find irritating.

I think you’re probably correct there... during our first and second seasons in the EPL, his recommendation to replace Elphick or Cook was DAVID WHEATER of Bolton!!! That was around the same time as putting forward Jamie Ward as a much needed ball winning midfielder... he’s a striker/winger!!! Some scout!

This underpins your complete and utter lack of football knowledge. Jamie Ward often played in a mid-field role for Forest. He was beingtracked by a number of clubs at the time. Wheater was an accomplished centre half that could have done a job for us at the time and would fitted into our pricing structure at the time. I wouls suggest that you are one of these people who pay for a ticket and then do not actually watch the game.

;