Our Foul Mouthed Fans

I’m sure those of a slightly older vintage can recall us tales of the chants through the 70s and 80s being nothing but polite encouragement for the chaps, thoughtful suggestions for the manager, and constructive critique of the opposition.

Yes theres a few chants I don’t much like, but what I dislike even more is silence. The atmosphere at our away games is 100 times better than home games precisely because of these same lads. It comes with a flip side though.

I’m sure those of a slightly older vintage can recall us tales of the chants through the 70s and 80s being nothing but polite encouragement for the chaps, thoughtful suggestions for the manager, and constructive critique of the opposition.

Yes theres a few chants I don’t much like, but what I dislike even more is silence. The atmosphere at our away games is 100 times better than home games precisely because of these same lads. It comes with a flip side though.
Flip side?

You've now got a raging cocaine habit?

People like you are the reason the atmosphere has nose dived over the last few decades in England.
Weird statement. I have been to fantastic stadiums over the years and experienced spine chilling motivating noise. Anfield, St James’s , Goodison are all special places with noisy but fair and good humoured fans. And who can ever forget the din at the Emirates when we slumped to our knees in the 97th minute….never heard noise like that anywhere -loathe them as we do.
But none of those grounds would put up with potty mouth 4 letter word chants. Our club is better than that and we should stamp it out amongst ourselves.

Chants in 70’s you may or may not remember Coughlin.

Harry Robert’s is our mate, he kills coppers.

We’re riding along on the crest if a wave and it’s goodbye Pakistan. (Reference to a cyclone/tsunami that hit East Pakistan and killed up to half a million).

You’re going to get your f***ing head kicked in.

I don’t think they were particularly articulate, woke or whatever word is trendy.

Chants in 70’s you may or may not remember Coughlin.

Harry Robert’s is our mate, he kills coppers.

We’re riding along on the crest if a wave and it’s goodbye Pakistan. (Reference to a cyclone/tsunami that hit East Pakistan and killed up to half a million).

You’re going to get your f***ing head kicked in.

I don’t think they were particularly articulate, woke or whatever word is trendy.
And do they smell
Like….

Weird statement. I have been to fantastic stadiums over the years and experienced spine chilling motivating noise. Anfield, St James’s , Goodison are all special places with noisy but fair and good humoured fans. And who can ever forget the din at the Emirates when we slumped to our knees in the 97th minute….never heard noise like that anywhere -loathe them as we do.
But none of those grounds would put up with potty mouth 4 letter word chants. Our club is better than that and we should stamp it out amongst ourselves.
Why didn't you just confront them. Coming on here two days after the event, is going to achieve what exactly?

I can honestly say that I rarely swore on the Dean Court terraces, my vocab being so utterly comprehensive and impressive.enough..I virtually ate dictionaries and maps as a kid ! ...and my Dad had leather belted my backside when I was 10 for calling Mum a 'cnut'...a word I'd learned that day in the school playground...

So I saved all the swearing stuff for use on this Forum....it suffices to add spice and enhance expression in my already poetic themes ...

' where's your caravan' seems to have died a death at being belted out to anyone with long hair. Scotty Malone loved it on his return if I remember correctly

I don’t get to many away games these days, but thought the away end was fairly tame and mild mannered on Saturday!

I can honestly say that I rarely swore on the Dean Court terraces, my vocab being so utterly comprehensive and impressive.enough..I virtually ate dictionaries and maps as a kid ! ...and my Dad had leather belted my backside when I was 10 for calling Mum a 'cnut'...a word I'd learned that day in the school playground...

So I saved all the swearing stuff for use on this Forum....it suffices to add spice and enhance expression in my already poetic themes ...

What amazing foresight, you saved your swearing for a flawed medium that wouldn't be invented for decades. :tophat:

People like you are the reason the atmosphere has nose dived over the last few decades in England.
"We're all having a party, we're all having a party, we're all having a party.... When Ryan Fraser dies"

The day we get all 4 stands singing that including the family stand will probably be the last day I go to a game.

Last edited:
"We're all having a party, we're all having a party, we're all having a party.... When Ryan Fraser dies"

The day we get all 3 stands singing that including the family stand will probably be the last day I go to a game.
That wasn't sung on Saturday I think.

;