Our Rivals Signings

I was about to ask about this kirsikka: Here we have a player who hopes his new manager can help him get into the Brazilian team. 50 million and a flat by the river Mersey, no pressure then.

Their fans used to talk about our club spending money.

Brighton have completed the club-record signing of Iran international winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh from AZ Alkmaar.

The 24-year-old has signed a five-year contract until June 2023, and becomes Brighton's eighth major signing of the summer transfer window.

Sky Sports News understands Brighton are paying in the region of £17m for Jahanbakhsh.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...hanbakhsh-from-az-alkmaar-in-club-record-deal

Used to? They were moaning on twitter about our new left back - in the context of having a 'cash crisis' when we let that coach go.

One rule for them, one rule for others usually.

Brighton have made some decent signings, albeit in a Watford-style, shotgun approach. I'd rather sign 3 or 4 players than 8 or 9 , personally. Be interesting to see if any of them actually work out. That Iranian guy does look pretty good, bu this league proves time and time again that being good in the dutch league doesn't mean s***.

Surely it's the same principle that
Brighton have made some decent signings, albeit in a Watford-style, shotgun approach. I'd rather sign 3 or 4 players than 8 or 9 , personally. Be interesting to see if any of them actually work out. That Iranian guy does look pretty good, bu this league proves time and time again that being good in the dutch league doesn't mean s***.

If these go through that would be nine. Seems slightly off to have upheaval at that level but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-complete-double-deal-Arce-Pouraliganji.html

£20 million seems a lot with his injury record.

Prices this year seem to have gone a bit OTT.

I wonder what £20 million this season, would have been last season.

Ake cost us £20 million last season,

Levante have just turned down just over £22 million for Lerma.

Top six spenders so far.

West Ham seem to mean business this season, second highest spenders so far.

Here are the top six Premier League spenders so far this summer. Are Jose Mourinho's complaints about his club's transfer activity justified?
  • 1. Liverpool - £176.9m
  • 2. West Ham - £94.9m
  • 3. Man Utd - £81.7m
  • 4. Arsenal - £70.6m
  • 5. Man City - £60m
  • 6. Chelsea - £57m

Why can't we scour the lower divisions for younger versions of Francis, Daniels ,Pugh, Surman and Arter....there must be some and with a chance of being good enough for couple of seasons at this level for a reasonable price instead of taking gambles on 10 to 12 mill. Spanish etc that haven't played at the pace of the PL either?

Why can't we scour the lower divisions for younger versions of Francis, Daniels ,Pugh, Surman and Arter....there must be some and with a chance of being good enough for couple of seasons at this level for a reasonable price instead of taking gambles on 10 to 12 mill. Spanish etc that haven't played at the pace of the PL either?

How do we know that we haven't?

;