Philip

Looked spent by the end, which is understandable as he's not had a proper pre-season. A really good sign that when he's fully fit and has developed more or an understanding with Geoff that we'll have a very strong midfield. Lewis Cook may struggle to get back in that side. Even if we play three you'd have a number ten type ahead of these two.

Someone would need to tweak the lyrics as they aren't that pleasant, but just popped up on my walkman, song for Philly Billy??

edit: For bonus points the Toy Dolls back catalogue is through Cherry Red records

Last edited:
Hi,

As I posted when you signed him, you have signed a layer who has all the potential to player for some of the very best sides in Europe. If he wants it.

You can see what I meant about his long range shooting, powerful and nearly always on target.

His weakness is dropping of concentration during the 90mins and either getting caught out of position or letting the game go by him. That all comes down to the mental side of the game. If you can keep him motivated, switched on then you have a fine player with top, top potential.

Hi,

As I posted when you signed him, you have signed a layer who has all the potential to player for some of the very best sides in Europe. If he wants it.

You can see what I meant about his long range shooting, powerful and nearly always on target.

His weakness is dropping of concentration during the 90mins and either getting caught out of position or letting the game go by him. That all comes down to the mental side of the game. If you can keep him motivated, switched on then you have a fine player with top, top potential.
Cheers, thanks for the input. Now, how is our Tommy settling in ?

Looked spent by the end, which is understandable as he's not had a proper pre-season. A really good sign that when he's fully fit and has developed more or an understanding with Geoff that we'll have a very strong midfield. Lewis Cook may struggle to get back in that side. Even if we play three you'd have a number ten type ahead of these two.

I just worry about the lack of creative spark with 'just' Billing and Lerma... I think someone like Lewis is exactly what these two need to compliment their grafting...

I like Lewis Cook but I think his creativity is often overplayed. Besides, if you're playing with a creative player in front of Lerma and Billing I think you'd pick more of a number 10 type.

I think a lot of Lewis Cook’s abilities are over played

He’s a phenomenal talent, with vision to play a pass between the lines which should never be underestimated (like Stanislas), but he’s not Iniesta.

For England he’s played the deeper role, the “quarter back” role that Beckham liked towards the end of his England spell.

To play that number 10 role for AFCB, he’d need to have more pace and physicality...like Josh King for example.

(Merge the two and then you’d have the player everyone wants to play there...)

Once Cook is fit, there will be some games where Lerma and Billing are the best fit, and others where breaking them up and putting in the more technical Cook is the better fit. Sometimes we may even want all 3 and I'd like to see it, but Cook isn't really a '10'.

Though Eddie historically hasn't really mixed and matched the side to fit the opposition often, he tends to have a favoruite starting 11 of the time and sticks with it until poor performance or injury changes his 11. So picking a midfield combo based on the best fit for the fixture would be a change of tack for Eddie.

;