Players To Come In For Next Season?

How do you know Stacey is on lower wages?
Because when he signed, he was from League one as a 23 year old. Smithy has been a long servant here, didn't he sign a deal sometime around 2017. I would think that Stacey is on around £20k p/w max and Smithy £20k p/w minimum.

Because when he signed, he was from League one as a 23 year old. Smithy has been a long servant here, didn't he sign a deal sometime around 2017. I would think that Stacey is on around £20k p/w max and Smithy £20k p/w minimum.
So if Stacey gets injured who's playing right back? The squad needs quality back ups in all positions

Obviously Smith would have been on higher wages when Stacey arrived.
As you’ve just posted, most probably on the around the same. So not higher.
All speculation anyway.

Probably true that the Diagne rumour is ********************************.

Probably is made up, but Marcondes, a 26 year old benchwarmer from Brentford is not promising. Nor is Adam Smith for another 2 years good. Stacey is just as good, arguably better, younger and on lower wages. He is just a waste of a squad place. Would have been better putting the money elsewhere.
A number of things here.
1) you are aware we need more than one senior right back in the squad right? I’m not a huge Smith fan anymore but replacing him with someone of similar stature would have surely cost more.
2) Franno was a back up player at Charlton when we signed him so I assume you wish we had never bothered…. There are a lot of very good players out there who do not fit at a certain club for whatever reason, speak to any Brentford fan and they’ll tell you that he is a very good player who didn’t quite fit into their system there due to the fact they don’t operate with a number ten.
3) the club has deserved criticism over the past year for the way it has operated in a number of situations, however it is only fair to hold off firing the bullets until the window has actually closed! You have no idea who we might be after or even close to signing. I actually found your list a very interesting read and appreciate you putting the time in to write it, so thank you, but you need to chill out and make your judgements at the end of the window, not now. If we sell numerous players and don’t replace then I’ll be with you for sure but let’s give them a chance ey.

... however it is only fair to hold off firing the bullets ... you need to chill out and make your judgements at the end of the window, not now.

Good grief how long have you been posting on this forum? If we didn't go off half-cocked based on rumour and speculation then there would only be the never ending jukebox and five letter word game to read.

A number of things here.
1) you are aware we need more than one senior right back in the squad right? I’m not a huge Smith fan anymore but replacing him with someone of similar stature would have surely cost more.
2) Franno was a back up player at Charlton when we signed him so I assume you wish we had never bothered…. There are a lot of very good players out there who do not fit at a certain club for whatever reason, speak to any Brentford fan and they’ll tell you that he is a very good player who didn’t quite fit into their system there due to the fact they don’t operate with a number ten.
3) the club has deserved criticism over the past year for the way it has operated in a number of situations, however it is only fair to hold off firing the bullets until the window has actually closed! You have no idea who we might be after or even close to signing. I actually found your list a very interesting read and appreciate you putting the time in to write it, so thank you, but you need to chill out and make your judgements at the end of the window, not now. If we sell numerous players and don’t replace then I’ll be with you for sure but let’s give them a chance ey.
On point 1) All of my ideal replacements are senior players, including Marco Meyerhofer who is 25.

On point 2) 'Franco was back was back up at Charlton so I assume you wish we never signed him' ... Don't know if you have noticed but most of the players I mention are from lower leagues. So I have no bias if players are not in favor. One of my favorite players, Tom Lapslie isn't even a starter at Colchester. Also, I base everything on play styles, hence why my original list was to cater for Chris Wilder, my second was for Parker.

Number 3) fair enough, I only know as much as anybody on here reading off afcb newsnow.

On point 1) All of my ideal replacements are senior players, including Marco Meyerhofer who is 25.

On point 2) 'Franco was back was back up at Charlton so I assume you wish we never signed him' ... Don't know if you have noticed but most of the players I mention are from lower leagues. So I have no bias if players are not in favor. One of my favorite players, Tom Lapslie isn't even a starter at Colchester. Also, I base everything on play styles, hence why my original list was to cater for Chris Wilder, my second was for Parker.

Number 3) fair enough, I only know as much as anybody on here reading off afcb newsnow.
1) to replace Smith with one of your listed players would have taken a transfer fee. It was definitely the cheapest and most convenient option to keep him.
2) you made a direct reference to him not being an exciting signing due to being a back up player for another team, have you watched him play out of interest?

@cherrycarl2004 Out of interest how do you know about all of these lower league players? Do you watch a lot of lower league football? I have no idea where I would even begin to get a list like you have, or have the time of energy to watch that many games!

1) to replace Smith with one of your listed players would have taken a transfer fee. It was definitely the cheapest and most convenient option to keep him.
2) you made a direct reference to him not being an exciting signing due to being a back up player for another team, have you watched him play out of interest?
Not seen an awful lot, as he is always not he bench but he has never 'caught the eye'

;