Players To Come In For Next Season?

Next season I think will be tougher competition for promotion than this season.

not sure about that; competition for the two top spots, possibly
what are the odds on the same three teams being promoted/relegated again next season?
really cant see norwich, watford of brentford/swansea being in any way competitive, if any finish with more than a -25 goal difference I'd be amazed
unless burnley or scummers have a massive meltdown of course....

not sure about that; competition for the two top spots, possibly
what are the odds on the same three teams being promoted/relegated again next season?
really cant see norwich, watford of brentford/swansea being in any way competitive, if any finish with more than a -25 goal difference I'd be amazed
unless burnley or scummers have a massive meltdown of course....

By next season I mean 2021-22, as this season isn’t over until the Championship final is done and dusted.

I was thinking 25 to 30m
watkins cost villa £33m

How much did he cost us...? Was it late teens?

We need to capitalise on player sales to keep some sort of financial easing going. As with last summer though, it will be a fine balance between selling some to recoup funds and keeping enough to mount another challenge...

Danjuma and Lerma I see as front runners to us bringing the best part of £40-50m in... I seriously don't see too many top teams rushing to buy Brooks on this season's form, so he may need to knuckle down until at least January and show people his true form. Rico could also be off but who knows...

I can honestly see Solanke still leading the line for us next season...

I'd like to think we could see a foundation of the following

Stacey
Cook
CCV
Kelly
Pearson
Billing
Solanke

Then throw in the likes of Mepham, Smith and Stanislas and the younger ones maybe... Anthony, Kilkenny and Zemura (sp), and 3 or 4 new lads to strengthen...

We don't need too many, we just need quality and players that want to fight... Both attributes have been missing in large spells at times this season...

Next season I think will be tougher competition for promotion than this season.
Hard to say, Billy, the three coming down are not so mucking fuch. And other top Championship teams might also be poached as the finances for some will be dire.

But we will need to be very astute in who we add.

How much did he cost us...? Was it late teens?

We need to capitalise on player sales to keep some sort of financial easing going. As with last summer though, it will be a fine balance between selling some to recoup funds and keeping enough to mount another challenge...

Danjuma and Lerma I see as front runners to us bringing the best part of £40-50m in... I seriously don't see too many top teams rushing to buy Brooks on this season's form, so he may need to knuckle down until at least January and show people his true form. Rico could also be off but who knows...

I can honestly see Solanke still leading the line for us next season...

I'd like to think we could see a foundation of the following

Stacey
Cook
CCV
Kelly
Pearson
Billing
Solanke

Then throw in the likes of Mepham, Smith and Stanislas and the younger ones maybe... Anthony, Kilkenny and Zemura (sp), and 3 or 4 new lads to strengthen...

We don't need too many, we just need quality and players that want to fight... Both attributes have been missing in large spells at times this season...

CCV is a non-starter as spurs will want top dollar
Can't see Lerma hanging around, he's done ok and may appeal to a few prem clubs needing defensive midfield cover
Riquelme, shlong and wilshere will be off
smith and stan are out of contract
brooks needs to be moved on but can't see anyone offering decent money unless he has a blinder for wales in the summer

we're going to need way more than 3 or 4, more like 7 or 8

With CCV it will be dependant on who makes an offer and how much the sum really is...? I don't believe fees in newspapers one bit, however, we would need to go some to fight off the chance to play PL football with Newcastle...

But, he knows he'd be first choice here. Failing that, we could do worse than getting Ben Davies on a Season loan from Liverpool... We were interested in him once and obviously isn't gonna break into Liverpool's first team any time soon.

No idea if Smith and Stan are staying, my assumption was that both might sign an extension...

Brooks does need to be moved on but I can guarantee we will not be interested in selling him too cheap... We paid £10m (I think for him) so the club will be looking to get £15-20m on him and I just don't see anyone willing to stump up that much on the back of this season...

Gonna be an interesting few weeks where we can hopefully sort all the sh*t out and start preparing to go again...

1.Tyrese Campbell to replace Danjuma.....left winger who can also play upfront....

2.Barry Bannon to replace Lerma....not the same type of player but quality at this level and would add invaluable experience of this league.

3.Callum Styles to replace Kelly......that would be an absolute masterstroke.

4.Tyrhys Dolan to replace Brooks.......full of potential and has blistering pace....something we've missed on that right side.

All of them are realistic and we'd still have a healthy chunk of change.

1.Tyrese Campbell to replace Danjuma.....left winger who can also play upfront....

2.Barry Bannon to replace Lerma....not the same type of player but quality at this level and would add invaluable experience of this league.

4.Tyrhys Dolan to replace Brooks.......full of potential and has blistering pace....something we've missed on that right side.

Styles hell yes if we can get him. Think he'd have more suitors.

Bannon not the worst shout either, bags of experience.

Is it? Means the model of director of football making the signings regardless of who the manager wants appears to be remaining... p

Also getting in quick before others make a move.

Maybe JW said he would like him next season.

Also getting in quick before others make a move.

Indeed and there might be a clause as part of the loan deal on a set price, who knows and I’m not opposed to it.

Would just prefer to have a settled management set-up rather than it being seen as almost an after thought.

Is it? Means the model of director of football making the signings regardless of who the manager wants appears to be remaining... p
I know what you mean...but I think CCV (if we can land him) would be a safe bet regardless of what happens with the wider setup. Every system and every manager needs a couple of CBs, and at Champ level there aren't many better CBs.

I wouldn't want us to go revamping the entire side before having a management decision made though, that would be silly.

You said you were certain Brooks would still be here. So why are you replacing him?

;