Players To Come In For Next Season?

You said you were certain Brooks would still be here. So why are you replacing him?
I said I think he'll still be here.....I think he needs a good season to get a move....but a very good Euro tournament might be enough ......even if he doesn't go Dolan would be a great buy.........lol where did get that I was 'certain' from?...:D

Do we put Matt Ritchie into the equation again?

Seems yet again from reports his future at Newcastle United is in doubt again.

Wouldn’t be a season if we are not linked with him. :grinning:

But very experienced player and might be what we need.

Do we put Matt Ritchie into the equation again?

Seems yet again from reports his future at Newcastle United is in doubt again.

Wouldn’t be a season if we are not linked with him. :grinning:

But very experienced player and might be what we need.
Would be a great signing still at this level. His wages though are just not realistic unless Max were to fund them out of his own pocket.

1.Tyrese Campbell to replace Danjuma.....left winger who can also play upfront....

2.Barry Bannon to replace Lerma....not the same type of player but quality at this level and would add invaluable experience of this league.

3.Callum Styles to replace Kelly......that would be an absolute masterstroke.

According to their website, Callum Styles is a midfielder... NOt sure he'd be too happy being lumped at LB

I've a Stoke supporting mate that rates Campbell really highly, but reckons with all the injured back, they'll be candidates next season... I'm not convinced they'd be prepared to let Campbell go... Wasn't he touted at being quite expensive last time we were linked with him...?

I also like the sound of Bannon... But we do absolutely need the new manager in place before we start making decisions...

According to their website, Callum Styles is a midfielder... NOt sure he'd be too happy being lumped at LB

I've a Stoke supporting mate that rates Campbell really highly, but reckons with all the injured back, they'll be candidates next season... I'm not convinced they'd be prepared to let Campbell go... Wasn't he touted at being quite expensive last time we were linked with him...?

I also like the sound of Bannon... But we do absolutely need the new manager in place before we start making decisions...
Callum Styles has played LB/WB all pretty much all season.....he can play in midfield.

Maybe Carter vickers wants to stay
Lets hope so...if it does get into a war for his signature dont think we stand a chance....just need a commanding good in air centre back to play along side him...was it Olunsande(?) from Rotherham that mullered us with his crosses from left back

I seriously don't see too many top teams rushing to buy Brooks on this season's form, so he may need to knuckle down until at least January and show people his true form.
One potential factor could be how well Brooks and Mepham show in the Euros. These tournaments tend to be a showcase for aspiring talent although it could go either way.

I think this is a really interesting thread. Many names mentioned above would be great acquisitions, the likes of Scully, Styles and Twine. I will be honest, I am a little worried for this coming season. I do not trust the people above to recruit the right manager or the right players to take this club forwards or at the very least stop the potential decline back to reality.

First it starts with the manager. The question is, do we keep Woodgate or do we appoint someone else? Keeping JW means we have a bit of continuity and of course he would have already assessed the squad, so he would know exactly where he wants to improve. However, does he have it in him to oversee a rebuild the size of this one? In my opinion, it might be a bit too much, but who knows, he has impressed at times this season. I'll get onto this later, on who I think should be given the chance to take us forward, and why.

It is no secret that we will lose an awful lot of players this season. Here are the players we might lose:

Note: This is obviously a rough estimation and all of this is hypothetical.

-Asmir Begovic (potential £2m and £70k p/w of the wage bill)
-Adam Smith (End of Contract, £30k p/w
-Chris Mepham (£5m, £25k p/w)
-Lloyd Kelly (£10m, £25k p/w)
-Diego Rico (£3m, £25k p/w)
-Jefferson Lerma (£15m, £50k p/w)
-Phil Billing (£10m, £30k p/w)
-Jack Wilshere (End of Contract, £20k p/w)
-Arnaut Danjuma (£25m, £30k p/w)
-David Brooks (£15m, £40k p/w)
-Junior Stanislas (End of contract, £30k p/w)
-Cameron Carter-Vickers (End of loan, £15k p/w)
-Roro Riquelme (End of loan, £5k p/w)
-Shane Long (End of loan, £20k p/w)

That is a total of £116m income (£85m in transfers and £31m in parachute payments for 2021/22) and £415k p/w of the wage bill.

This then leaves us with a squad of: (Players inc. U21's for areas lacking depth)

(Players in bold are players which we know are good enough at this level)

Goalkeepers= Mark Travers and Will Dennis

Right backs= Jack Stacey and Brooklyn Genesini

Centre Backs= Steve Cook, Dinesh Gillela and Corey Jordan

Left Backs= Jordan Zemura and Ben Greenwood

Centre Midfielders= Ben Pearson, Lewis Cook, Gavin Kilkenny and Luke Nippard

Wingers= Keelan O'Connell and Ryan Glover

Forwards= Sam Surridge, Dom Solanke and Jaidon Anthony

No disrespect to our U21's, but I do not think they will be able to compete at this level, just yet anyway.

Over the season i have come up with a list of potential players we could realistically sign, this list being of about 400 players in total. I have narrowed it down and this is what i have come up with(inc. potential transfer price and weekly wage):

-Christian Walton (GK) on a free from Brighton, £5k p/w
-George Tanner (RB) for £250k from Carisle, £3k p/w
-Lewis Montsma (CB) for £500k from Lincoln, £4k p/w
-Micky Van de Ven (CB) on a free from Volendam, £5k p/w
-Rob Atkinson (CB) for £500k from Oxford, £4k p/w
-Matthew Pollock (CB) for 250k from Grimsby, £3k p/w
-Mark McGuiness (CB) on loan from Arsenal, £4k p/w
-Derry Murkin (LB) for 250k from Volendam, £3k p/w
-Conor Grant (LB/CM) for £500k from Plymouth, £5k p/w
-Callum Guy (CM) on a free from Carlisle, £4k p/w
-Scott Twine (AM) on a free from Swindon, £4k p/w
-George Lapslie (CM) for £500k fom Mansfield, £3k p/w
-Charlie Wyke (CF) on a free from Sunderland, £10k p/w
-Luke Jephcott (CF) for £500k from Plymouth, £3k p/w

Now, if you see above I didn't go for any wingers, this is why, because i think the man for the job is Chris Wilder, who doesn't play wingers. The squad would look like this:

*means that they can play in other positions just as comfortably

Goalkeepers= Christan Walton and Mark Travers

Right backs= Jack Stacey and George Tanner

Centre Backs= Steve Cook, Lewis Montsma, Rob Atkinson, Micky Van de Ven, Matthew Pollock and Mark McGuiness

Left backs= Derry Murkin and Conor Grant*

Centre Midfielders= Ben Pearson, Lewis Cook, Callum Guy and Conor Grant*

Attacking Midfielders= Scott Twine and George Lapslie

Forwards- Dom Solanke, Sam Surridge, Charlie Wyke and Luke Jephcott

This would bring the squad age down to 23.1 from 25.5 while lowering the salary considerably. 3-4-1-2 with Wilder, we could create a siege mentality and within two years have a competitive team at the top of the championship.

One more thing, everyone is going on about CCV, if we can't get him for anything less than £2m we should look elsewhere, £10m is way too much given the circumstances. A full rebuild is needed... Up the Cherries!!!

I think this is a really interesting thread. Many names mentioned above would be great acquisitions, the likes of Scully, Styles and Twine. I will be honest, I am a little worried for this coming season. I do not trust the people above to recruit the right manager or the right players to take this club forwards or at the very least stop the potential decline back to reality.

First it starts with the manager. The question is, do we keep Woodgate or do we appoint someone else? Keeping JW means we have a bit of continuity and of course he would have already assessed the squad, so he would know exactly where he wants to improve. However, does he have it in him to oversee a rebuild the size of this one? In my opinion, it might be a bit too much, but who knows, he has impressed at times this season. I'll get onto this later, on who I think should be given the chance to take us forward, and why.

It is no secret that we will lose an awful lot of players this season. Here are the players we might lose:

That is a total of £116m income (£85m in transfers and £31m in parachute payments for 2021/22) and £415k p/w of the wage bill.

This then leaves us with a squad of: (Players inc. U21's for areas lacking depth)

No disrespect to our U21's, but I do not think they will be able to compete at this level, just yet anyway.

Over the season i have come up with a list of potential players we could realistically sign, this list being of about 400 players in total. I have narrowed it down and this is what i have come up with(inc. potential transfer price and weekly wage):

Now, if you see above I didn't go for any wingers, this is why, because i think the man for the job is Chris Wilder, who doesn't play wingers. The squad would look like this:

Centre Backs= Steve Cook, Lewis Montsma, Rob Atkinson, Micky Van de Ven, Matthew Pollock and Mark McGuiness

This would bring the squad age down to 23.1 from 25.5 while lowering the salary considerably. 3-4-1-2 with Wilder, we could create a siege mentality and within two years have a competitive team at the top of the championship.

One more thing, everyone is going on about CCV, if we can't get him for anything less than £2m we should look elsewhere, £10m is way too much given the circumstances. A full rebuild is needed... Up the Cherries!!!

That's an impressive bit of work, Carl, you obviously pay a lot of attention to reserve/U21/European football. Can't comment on any of the players you mention, I've only heard of a couple of them, but if you got them down from a list of 400 there must be some good prospects there.

Have to say, though, I'm not convinced that Wilder would be my first choice....might persuade Brooks to stay, though

Good work, sounds like you've put more effort in than the clubs scouting network!

Firstly we need to see who leaves and sort out any sales quickly so we know what we are left with. I'm pretty sure that as we didn't get promoted EH will be in for a couple and that includes Pitches. Again I can't see there being much money to spend. Any sales and parachute money will go towards paying off debts owed. We need to sort out the manager position and then look at what's available to buy or most probably loan.

Johnson Clarke-Harris from posh is a must i would say. Just throw everything we can to get him to sign before others get a chance.

Thoughts?

Already mentioned him yesterday.

But we need to act quickly as Sheffield United have already shown interest.

Peterborough have a good record of finding strikers, our club had a similar one of unearthing good keepers.

The striker scored 16 goals for Bristol Rovers last season, 17 the campaign prior to that one. This season isn't a one-off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...arris-emerged-one-deadliest-EFL-strikers.html

Barry Fry has handed Sheffield United a boost in their potential pursuit of Peterborough United striker, Jonson Clarke-Harris.

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/ne...clarke-harris-amid-sheffield-united-interest/

Already on AFCB radar.

Clarke-Harris is reportedly a target for Scottish Premier League champions Rangers, relegated Premier League clubs Sheffield United and West Brom, and Championship play-off hopefuls Bournemouth. Bournemouth are known to have made a £5 million bid for Clarke-Harris in January, although their interest now might be dependent on whether or not they win promotion to the Premier League.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...ger-clubs-are-queueing-up-to-sign-him-3240472

Last edited:

Taking too long on this ''meeting''... Matthew Pollock, one of my picks has signed for Watford on a 5 year deal with a fee of around £100,000 (less than I originally estimated). Expect him to go out on loan, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a first team push if they go down into the championship next season.

Its funny attempting to buy and letting players go when you don't know who your next manager is!How do u know the players your next manager want.The earlier we sort out the manager issue the better!l don't really trust our board to make the best managerial appointment!Employing inexperienced managers,they don't seem to be interested in Premier League football.Though Woody has done alright but still not good enough!

Its funny attempting to buy and letting players go when you don't know who your next manager is!How do u know the players your next manager want.The earlier we sort out the manager issue the better!l don't really trust our board to make the best managerial appointment!Employing inexperienced managers,they don't seem to be interested in Premier League football.Though Woody has done alright but still not good enough!

I haven’t got a problem if woodgate is manager .
What we need is a direction . Once we know ASAP those managers can start planning

;