Players To Come In For Next Season?

All smacks of no ambition to be anything other than tinpot. Start with the infrastructure so we’re ready for next time.

All smacks of no ambition to be anything other than tinpot.
Yes but surely Blake & Co realise that their ridiculous salaries depend on the club continuing to be successful so the money keeps rolling in ?

Don't think you find many CEOs on £1 million+ down in Leagues 1 and 2.

Mrs Blake may find that she'll have to trade in her Bentley for a second hand Mini. And she won't like that.

Yes but surely Blake & Co realise that their ridiculous salaries depend on the club continuing to be successful so the money keeps rolling in ?

Mrs Blake may find that she'll have to trade in her Bentley for a second hand Mini. And she won't like that.
You’d think so wouldn’t you David but nothing I’ve seen over the past 5 years suggests otherwise to me. 5 years of untold riches and the club is left with the same it went up with. The players and directors have their fancy cars and mansions, we the supporters have some amazing memories but the club. Square root of zilch.

Do we put Matt Ritchie into the equation again?

Seems yet again from reports his future at Newcastle United is in doubt again.

Wouldn’t be a season if we are not linked with him. :grinning:

But very experienced player and might be what we need.

Would love MR to return, but I think his price, salary demands and being prone to injuries might be an issue....

Yep. I think she'd be off in that case. Just a hunch mind you !

I think you're into something.

It's rare for there to be such an age an age gap unless the man is wealthy, and/or some kind of celebrity/status.

When the woman's good looking anyway.

Fair play to him.

I think you're into something.

It's rare for there to be such an age an age gap unless the man is wealthy, and/or some kind of celebrity/status.

When the woman's good looking anyway.

Fair play to him.
Everybody thought Melania would be off once Trump was out of the White House but as far as I’m aware she’s still around.

Everybody thought Melania would be off once Trump was out of the White House but as far as I’m aware she’s still around.

He's still extremely wealthy as far as I'm aware. Plus pretty much top tier status after being president of US.

Depends if Blake can maintain the life style and find another well paid role if he left. Even then no guarantees with 50% divorce rate in the west...

Blake would be off as soon as there was any hint of league one. Why would he stay? Leech off the club and leave.

I think this is a really interesting thread. Many names mentioned above would be great acquisitions, the likes of Scully, Styles and Twine. I will be honest, I am a little worried for this coming season. I do not trust the people above to recruit the right manager or the right players to take this club forwards or at the very least stop the potential decline back to reality.

First it starts with the manager. The question is, do we keep Woodgate or do we appoint someone else? Keeping JW means we have a bit of continuity and of course he would have already assessed the squad, so he would know exactly where he wants to improve. However, does he have it in him to oversee a rebuild the size of this one? In my opinion, it might be a bit too much, but who knows, he has impressed at times this season. I'll get onto this later, on who I think should be given the chance to take us forward, and why.

It is no secret that we will lose an awful lot of players this season. Here are the players we might lose:

Note: This is obviously a rough estimation and all of this is hypothetical.

-Asmir Begovic (potential £2m and £70k p/w of the wage bill)
-Adam Smith (End of Contract, £30k p/w
-Chris Mepham (£5m, £25k p/w)
-Lloyd Kelly (£10m, £25k p/w)
-Diego Rico (£3m, £25k p/w)
-Jefferson Lerma (£15m, £50k p/w)
-Phil Billing (£10m, £30k p/w)
-Jack Wilshere (End of Contract, £20k p/w)
-Arnaut Danjuma (£25m, £30k p/w)
-David Brooks (£15m, £40k p/w)
-Junior Stanislas (End of contract, £30k p/w)
-Cameron Carter-Vickers (End of loan, £15k p/w)
-Roro Riquelme (End of loan, £5k p/w)
-Shane Long (End of loan, £20k p/w)

That is a total of £116m income (£85m in transfers and £31m in parachute payments for 2021/22) and £415k p/w of the wage bill.

This then leaves us with a squad of: (Players inc. U21's for areas lacking depth)

(Players in bold are players which we know are good enough at this level)

Goalkeepers= Mark Travers and Will Dennis

Right backs= Jack Stacey and Brooklyn Genesini

Centre Backs= Steve Cook, Dinesh Gillela and Corey Jordan

Left Backs= Jordan Zemura and Ben Greenwood

Centre Midfielders= Ben Pearson, Lewis Cook, Gavin Kilkenny and Luke Nippard

Wingers= Keelan O'Connell and Ryan Glover

Forwards= Sam Surridge, Dom Solanke and Jaidon Anthony

No disrespect to our U21's, but I do not think they will be able to compete at this level, just yet anyway.

Over the season i have come up with a list of potential players we could realistically sign, this list being of about 400 players in total. I have narrowed it down and this is what i have come up with(inc. potential transfer price and weekly wage):

-Christian Walton (GK) on a free from Brighton, £5k p/w
-George Tanner (RB) for £250k from Carisle, £3k p/w
-Lewis Montsma (CB) for £500k from Lincoln, £4k p/w
-Micky Van de Ven (CB) on a free from Volendam, £5k p/w
-Rob Atkinson (CB) for £500k from Oxford, £4k p/w
-Matthew Pollock (CB) for 250k from Grimsby, £3k p/w
-Mark McGuiness (CB) on loan from Arsenal, £4k p/w
-Derry Murkin (LB) for 250k from Volendam, £3k p/w
-Conor Grant (LB/CM) for £500k from Plymouth, £5k p/w
-Callum Guy (CM) on a free from Carlisle, £4k p/w
-Scott Twine (AM) on a free from Swindon, £4k p/w
-George Lapslie (CM) for £500k fom Mansfield, £3k p/w
-Charlie Wyke (CF) on a free from Sunderland, £10k p/w
-Luke Jephcott (CF) for £500k from Plymouth, £3k p/w

Now, if you see above I didn't go for any wingers, this is why, because i think the man for the job is Chris Wilder, who doesn't play wingers. The squad would look like this:

*means that they can play in other positions just as comfortably

Goalkeepers= Christan Walton and Mark Travers

Right backs= Jack Stacey and George Tanner

Centre Backs= Steve Cook, Lewis Montsma, Rob Atkinson, Micky Van de Ven, Matthew Pollock and Mark McGuiness

Left backs= Derry Murkin and Conor Grant*

Centre Midfielders= Ben Pearson, Lewis Cook, Callum Guy and Conor Grant*

Attacking Midfielders= Scott Twine and George Lapslie

Forwards- Dom Solanke, Sam Surridge, Charlie Wyke and Luke Jephcott

This would bring the squad age down to 23.1 from 25.5 while lowering the salary considerably. 3-4-1-2 with Wilder, we could create a siege mentality and within two years have a competitive team at the top of the championship.

One more thing, everyone is going on about CCV, if we can't get him for anything less than £2m we should look elsewhere, £10m is way too much given the circumstances. A full rebuild is needed... Up the Cherries!!!
Another one gone... Scott Twine gone to MK Dons on a free transfer. He will probably go to one of the relegated sides for £5m next season (probably Norwich) then a few years later go to Leicester for £30m... We'll still be looking for a manager by then... Silly missing out on these players. It WILL cost us.

Another one gone... Scott Twine gone to MK Dons on a free transfer. He will probably go to one of the relegated sides for £5m next season (probably Norwich) then a few years later go to Leicester for £30m... We'll still be looking for a manager by then... Silly missing out on these players. It WILL cost us.

Seems we were one of a number of clubs chasing him, but after talking to the MK Dons manager he decided to sign for them.

Seems happy to be in League 1 still, with his old club being relegated.

Seems we were one of a number of clubs chasing him, but after talking to the MK Dons manager he decided to sign for them.

Seems happy to be in League 1 still, with his old club being relegated.
Yes. Sometimes having a manager does have its advantages. Like potential signings being able to talk to them before deciding which club to join.
He probably asked to talk to our manager and was politely informed that we hadn't decided who that was going to be just yet !
:slap:

Haven't seen enough of him to know if he'd suit us tbh.
Posh co-owner Darragh MacAnthony insists Posh have no need to sell a player currently on a long-term contract. They turned down a bid of £5 million for Clarke-Harris from Bournemouth last January.

;