Poll - Frasers remaining weeks with us....

Fraser’s remaining games

• He should be in the starting 11

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • He should be in the matchday squad

Votes: 44 33.3%
  • Leave him out completely

Votes: 83 62.9%

• Total voters
I'm a big fan of Ryan's, he has been a brilliant player for us and I dont like to see him being vilified. From what I've read it seems that his problems have been more personal than football related, and he has been very badly advised by his agent and possibly others. My guess is that many of these possible "moves" to big clubs that have been mooted have been purely kite flying by his agent. We have no idea of the truth of all the various reports about him that people have based their opinions of him on.
Kris Temple said that he thought that Ryan's comments in the interview had been a bit too honest - introspective - and have been misinterpreted. If he does go now I for one will wish him well for the future, but if it's still possible that he might sign a new contract for us and re-commit himself to AFCB I would be delighted to welcome him back.

Tbh it’s almost got to the stage now where I’m actually looking forward to the prospect of him leaving, genuinely think we have a better shot of survival if he leaves as soon as possible. Our team simply cannot function without every player pulling in the same direction and being 100% committed. We have gotten to where we are and stayed here due to the whole being greater than the sum total of the parts. This is the first year where you can honestly say that not everyone has been pulling in the same direction. It just goes to show how vital the balance between character and ability is because quality wise this is easily our best squad at this level. We have gotten this balance badly wrong this year and one step to rectifying it is by saying good bye to the little man with the big ego.

How can a player that possibly had the closest relationship with Eddie when he first came down here (I remember him saying they used to go out for dinner etc as he was all alone down here) to not signing an extension for 5 bloody weeks to play for a club he’s played for the last 7 years. Money and threat of injury I guess. Leaves a bad taste though
My impression is that most players have an exaggerated and misplaced deference to their agents. Bizarrely though, Fraser is not one of the players I would have thought would be in that camp as he comes across as more intelligent and self-aware than many.

I'm a big fan of Ryan's, he has been a brilliant player for us and I dont like to see him being vilified. From what I've read it seems that his problems have been more personal than football related, and he has been very badly advised by his agent and possibly others. My guess is that many of these possible "moves" to big clubs that have been mooted have been purely kite flying by his agent. We have no idea of the truth of all the various reports about him that people have based their opinions of him on.
Kris Temple said that he thought that Ryan's comments in the interview had been a bit too honest - introspective - and have been misinterpreted. If he does go now I for one will wish him well for the future, but if it's still possible that he might sign a new contract for us and re-commit himself to AFCB I would be delighted to welcome him back.

I don’t think he has been brilliant for us. That’s not sour grapes, just think his real influence has been up and down. Been a really good player for sure just not brilliant.

Not in the first choice starting team in the championship winning side and was loaned out in the first prem season and suddenly made an impact out of the blue half-way through 16/17 season with that Liverpool game. 17/18 was a bit erratic (think played out of position quite a bit) before a truly outstanding 18/19 campaign that was marked by some poor performances after Christmas. Really poor most of 19/20 but decent the last handful of games.

Hmmm...I’m not sure either of the options accurately covers my thoughts.

Leaving him out entirely might satisfy the ego of some of our supporters but I want us to have as many players available as possible to give us the best chance of staying up.

A focussed and on form Fraser would clearly at least be part of our match day squad. The thing is no one on this forum knows his motivation, frame of mind or the impact his inclusion has on the rest of the squad.

So I’d leave it to Eddie to make the judgement. I was going to say if he plays I’ll support him like any other player...but then I remembered I can’t support at all.
I think you are right its up to Eddie & the player himself to make the call. Some of the old guard from Arsenal & Spurs are giving him stick saying he isn't showing any respect to bournemouth & Eddie. He should show them some loyalty as the club gave him his opportunity to play in the premier league. But it is him alone that can make that call.

I think you are right its up to Eddie & the player himself to make the call. Some of the old guard from Arsenal & Spurs are giving him stick saying he isn't showing any respect to bournemouth & Eddie. He should show them some loyalty as the club gave him his opportunity to play in the premier league. But it is him alone that can make that call.
It’s not up to the player if he plays it’s up to eddie, if eddie thinks it will not upset the balance of the squad, I would hope that the experienced players in the squad have a say behind closed doors to him and eddie, then eddie makes the best decision for the club moving forward, i hope that is, don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out

dropped completely. not going to play for us but for himself. In other words when we need him to put his body on the line he will not.

It’s not up to the player if he plays it’s up to eddie, if eddie thinks it will not upset the balance of the squad, I would hope that the experienced players in the squad have a say behind closed doors to him and eddie, then eddie makes the best decision for the club moving forward, i hope that is, don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out
I think you misunderstood me I didn't mean the player gets the say , I meant he should show some loyalty to the club & Eddie. Complete the season & try to help the club stay up.

Lyle Taylor rumoured to have done a u-turn and will now play for Charlton in these games. If so, is fraser the only player refusing to sign an extension in prem/champ or are there others?

Lyle Taylor rumoured to have done a u-turn and will now play for Charlton in these games. If so, is fraser the only player refusing to sign an extension in prem/champ or are there others?

As I understand it, Fraser is not signing an extension beyond June 30 which is within his rights to do, whatever we as fans feel about the situation.

The difference with Lyle Taylor is that he went to the press saying he has made himself unavailable for the rest of Charlton's campaign, despite still being under contract until 30 June i.e. not fulfilling his contractual obligations. That's probably why he's u-turned on it.

Not sure that we can afford to leave him out entirely if he makes himself available? No mistakes we are going to have to fight to stay up and need all our resources in attempting to do that...only Eddie will know how the guys head is I guess?
Well he was picked when he was not playing well in the first half of the season,and he admitted it was because he wasn't giving his all.So how does Eddie know his state of mind now,if he never recognised it then.

Well he was picked when he was not playing well in the first half of the season,and he admitted it was because he wasn't giving his all.So how does Eddie know his state of mind now,if he never recognised it then.

It’s been pretty well established that he was being selected due to very few options available due to injuries.

It’s been pretty well established that he was being selected due to very few options available due to injuries.
After the season before,where he was very good,he was bound to be picked,this is the first half of the season I'm on about,wether we were short on players or not.My point is that the manager never picked up on him not giving his all,so why would he now.

I did think he was a very good player who was a bit in and out with his form,but last season he was brilliant.Maybe that was a one off season where everything clicked with him and Wilson,who knows

;