Poor game and performance

apologies, I was being facetious. I have a mental condition, and get irrationally outraged by inappropriate "shipping".

Seen a lot worse performances from us in the Premiership.

Granted it was a poor performance but the whole ‘we’ve just got to turn up to beat Norwich’ attitude from some of our fans is even worse.
This. We played worse v Sheff U this season. Also recall a horrible performance v Huddersfield a year or two back which we somehow won 2-1.

We provided almost no threat. Callum needs to be rested. Less than mediocre today. No close control and so easily dispossessed. Wee man was much less damaging than he can be. Adam Smith gave us at least a little flair and Rico has improved greatly, but man, we have a long way to go to brush teams like Norwich away. Game stats reflect a poor attacking performance.

I reckon I've seen at least 15 poorer PL games. Including every time I've been to Stoke and West Brom.
I’ve done all the aways at Stoke and West Brom, if you thought today was better then that’s your opinion, but in terms of the quality displayed by both teams IMO today has to be right up there as one of the worst.

Cardiff and Wolves away last season were miles worse. And sure we got stuffed at Norwich a few back which was shocking. Today was poor but wouldn't get in top ten worst in premier league.

I’ve done all the aways at Stoke and West Brom, if you thought today was better then that’s your opinion, but in terms of the quality displayed by both teams IMO today has to be right up there as one of the worst.

West Brom first game of the season was ten times worse than today.

West Brom first game of the season was ten times worse than today.
For us, yes agreed. As a game and for neutral entertainment? No chance. West Brom battered us at times that day whilst barely touching the ball. It was a masterclass in dominating an opposition whilst not having control of possession.

Getting done away from home is different though isn’t it ? True though today wasn’t the worse we got a point toward the big 40 I think to qualify for worse PL performance ever you really need to come away with nothing .

Getting done away from home is different though isn’t it ? True though today wasn’t the worse we got a point toward the big 40 I think to qualify for worse PL performance ever you really need to come away with nothing .

Fulham last year was worse than today... although still part of this same dreadful run of 2 in 11 we are on at home and a very similar game where we were tactically out thought but couldn’t react or change.

Fulham last year was worse than today... although still part of this same dreadful run of 2 in 11 we are on at home and a very similar game where we were tactically out thought but couldn’t react or change.

Fulham was awful granted but were we not already at the beach for that game I can’t remember but I know we tailed off big time once we were safe .

Fulham was awful granted but were we not already at the beach for that game I can’t remember but I know we tailed off big time once we were safe .
Yeah probably. It’s part of a pattern though. We have beaten two sides at home since Feb. A nine man Spurs getting ready for the CL final and Everton. Everyone else has just crowded the midfield and played through the middle and we’ve finished each game with four forwards stood up pitch with their hands in the air. Very, very disappointing from our management team. No plan B. When there is one it will be Mepham back in a back three and the players lost again as to what to do.

You would think we would look at the formation everyone else plays wouldn’t you....

Yeah probably. It’s part of a pattern though. We have beaten two sides at home since Feb. A nine man Spurs getting ready for the CL final and Everton. Everyone else has just crowded the midfield and played through the middle and we’ve finished each game with four forwards stood up pitch with their hands in the air. Very, very disappointing from our management team. No plan B. When there is one it will be Mepham back in a back three and the players lost again as to what to do.

You would think we would look at the formation everyone else plays wouldn’t you....

There is a lot to be desired from our home form certainly , particularly when compared to our pretty decent away showing .Still in Edd we trust he’ll figure something out eventually .. which will probably involve more players in midfield areas . Obviously from the beginning of this season he’s been on mission “ concede less goals “ .

Yes Neil, I agree. Keep boring my mates senseless that we need 3 in midfield. Thought it last 2 seasons but now we have 3 genuine quality midfielders with Lerma, Billing and L Cook it is non sensical to not at least try it.
Could have Lerma sitting and billing and cook ahead or perhaps lewis ahead of both lerma and billing. Cook can see a forward quick pass (witness most of solankes goals for england U21 with cook playing him in). If we get more control in midfield by matching up to most other teams who also have 3 we get more quality ball to our forwards rather than the under pressure balls we play now that make it harder for forwards to be effective. Stick King and fraser wide of wilson and full backs can still get forward and be covered by Lerma and Billing.
For me Eddie is a God but has a real blind spot with midfield.

...beginning to think that it is not the players alone it is down to tactics and the insistence that we ‘build’ from the back,and actually take an eternity to get the bal into the opponents half!...we we sluggish lacking ideas and generally inept in attack, Solanke and Wilson were poor...and too many times not moving to the ball or anticipating some decent crosses being put in...the wisdom of letting Surridge go out on loan is questioned as we have precious little to offer in attack ?
A poor performance and display from team and we were probably lucky to get a point IMO

;