Post-match thoughts v Brentford

The moment Kelly was fit to play he put him straight in the team, he only didn’t play yesterday due to the Spurs move falling through. He will play Kelly.
That’s what I thought. Brought Kelly on at Liverpool, moved Senesi into midfield and 10 minutes later took him off. Tried to do it nicely. IMO, AI prefers Kelly.

Its not unquestionable. I'm questioning it. The longer Kelly is out the side the more people forget what he's actually like. We've had better results this season with the pairing yesterday and we haven't scored a single goal on the league when Kelly has played. Yesterday our defence helped with the attacks as well. They are positive and combative.

I'm not saying Kelly is not good enough for the squad but he's not a starting CB in this league.

It’s not certainly not done and dusted who starts in the team. If Senesi were right footed or Kelly was right footed, I actually think you’ve got a very good partnership there tbh. The less physically imposing, but more cultured and skilful CB, and the taller, quicker, presence with a bit more aggression.

As it stands now, we’ve got Senesi with Zab, who looks a little lost. He’s got the physical presence but he’s not really fitting into the team as well as I’d hoped. Might well come with time, but I’d be tempted to start Mepham with either Kelly or Senesi alongside him atm.

Yes it is and i am very pleased for him. However, current results indicate that we are in for another season of struggle.
I reckon David Brooks has had a few struggles of his own in the last couple of years.
fwiw, I’ve seen all four games this season, in person and I disagree completely with you.
I’ve seen enough to convince me we’re mid table comfortably.

I reckon David Brooks has had a few struggles of his own in the last couple of years.
fwiw, I’ve seen all four games this season, in person and I disagree completely with you.
I’ve seen enough to convince me we’re mid table comfortably.
With respect, to get to midtable one needs to get the required points. At the moment we do not look like getting them. We have already dropped 10 points from a possible 12. The next game does not look good for picking up points either.

Last edited:
With respect, to get to midtable one needs to get the required points. At the moment we do not look like getting them. We have already dropped 10 points from a posdible 12. The next fors not look good for pickinv up points either.

How many times are you going to humiliate yourself with your useless predictions, be proved spectacularly wrong, then still come back with yet more hopelessly pessimistic crap?

I don't share all this negativity. We had a brilliant awayday yesterday. A couple of pints and a decent lunch before the game in the sunshine with fellow Cherries outside a lovely pub on the edge of the Thames at Kew, with the river bank looking like a scene from a French Impressionist painting.
I really enjoyed the game itself full of thrilling end to end football and goalmouth incidents, with bits of terrific play and terrible mistakes in equal measure between two well matched teams both trying their hardest to win the game. The last minute equaliser was a small disappointment but didn't detract from the game as a whole given that a win for us would have been pretty undeserved and a draw was a fair result. The drive home always feel better if it is not on the back of a loss.

I don't share all this negativity. We had a brilliant awayday yesterday. A couple of pints and a decent lunch before the game in the sunshine with fellow Cherries outside a lovely pub on the edge of the Thames at Kew, with the river bank looking like a scene from a French Impressionist painting.
I really enjoyed the game itself full of thrilling end to end football and goalmouth incidents, with bits of terrific play and terrible mistakes in equal measure between two well matched teams both trying their hardest to win the game. The last minute equaliser was a small disappointment but didn't detract from the game as a whole given that a win for us would have been pretty undeserved and a draw was a fair result. The drive home always feel better if it is not on the back of a loss.
It was a cracking day, (would have preferred to travel by train) with a great game of football. We got a tad fortunate, but, hey that's football.

Great summary of a really good away day, pretty close to how I saw it. I'd just add the brilliant away support and cracking atmosphere in our section.

If you had "a scene from a French Impressionist painting" on your post-match thoughts bingo card contact Vitals for your prize immediately.

Great summary of a really good away day, pretty close to how I saw it. I'd just add the brilliant away support and cracking atmosphere in our section.

If you had "a scene from a French Impressionist painting" on your post-match thoughts bingo card contact Vitals for your prize immediately.
We were good yesterday. Cracking game, cracking support from the away team.

;