Post-match thoughts v Chelsea

We competed well with an Elite club.. and could have won or lost based on both teams chances.
Particularly pleased that we stopped Mr Sterling from scoring .
Disappointed that we didn't have Brooks starting...but as Cherrybare pointed out to me .. ..he hasn't learnt to 'track back'..ok that's a fair point...but to have had him on for half an hour instead of ten minutes... he might have won us the game !
All fair comments my man, apart from the elite thing. I love Brooks, but he currently doesn't fit into an AI team. As others have alluded to, he has to work harder off the ball. But, he's very much a squad player, and deserving of that.

Very simple for me:Way more positives than negatives, Iraola and how he likes to play is starting to gel a bit, and for one this season is already way funner and more interesting than last season which honestly bored me to tears the majority of the time; call AI's style chaotic if you want too, but at least its entertaining and I believe can work in the long run.

My Motm may be the obvious one to some but Neto was immense and really did ensure we at least got a point. Maybe other people were watching a different game, at least on twitter and facebook, but I thought today was Kelly's best game so far this season tbh.

Think a bit premature, to put it mildly, for some people to write Dango off already and say he's a waste of money; not good today no, but he is just coming back from an injury and he can be a nuisance to defenders when he wants to be and I think can contribute to some good things this season. Maybe better as a super sub? Perhaps, but never the less, I like him being in the squad.

Overall, today was a good point in the grand scheme of things, and we will get better in front of goal and get a win, only a matter of time. As some have put above: I actually feel confident against Brighton and next Sunday can't get here early enough.

So why announce it, but then post. To be honest you come across as a winging moaner, you dislike everything the club is doing.
Your continual posts repeating the same message about Dom is frankly embarrassing how desperate you are for him to fail.
I think we should agree to disagree, I won't comment on your posts again.
Maybe you need a break from watching the team, to get your perspective on things
I'm not going to stop watching the team because I don't rate a player. We played well today but failed in the big moments because we lack a striker. Not commenting on my posts anymore is the most sensible thing you have posted.

In which
As you asked nicely, I'll explain it to you.

Every week you come on here and you proclaim we will lose. Every single week. You make it sound like you're disappointed by that, and as if you're the only person who's ever had the insight to think that a club who's spent over a billion on transfers might just have the edge on us.

When you're wrong, you don't hold your hands up and admit it, you deflect on to something else and predict doom in another area. You're an absolute buffoon and you've got no credibility left. Any of us could come on here and predict a loss each week. Chris Sutton does it every week.

For some reason you think that by being the prophet of doom you know more than others on here but I've yet to read one single bit of insight from you on here other than "we've got some injuries so we will lose".

This board was a better place before you were here and it'll be a better place when you get bored and run back to the echo site a

As you asked nicely, I'll explain it to you.

Every week you come on here and you proclaim we will lose. Every single week. You make it sound like you're disappointed by that, and as if you're the only person who's ever had the insight to think that a club who's spent over a billion on transfers might just have the edge on us.

When you're wrong, you don't hold your hands up and admit it, you deflect on to something else and predict doom in another area. You're an absolute buffoon and you've got no credibility left. Any of us could come on here and predict a loss each week. Chris Sutton does it every week.

For some reason you think that by being the prophet of doom you know more than others on here but I've yet to read one single bit of insight from you on here other than "we've got some injuries so we will lose".

This board was a better place before you were here and it'll be a better place when you get bored and run back to the echo site again.
Then i suggest you ignore my comments. That way they will not irritate you. I would imply thst you are the baffoon.

I bid you a good evening.

Good match which could have gone either way…..personally I would always take a point v Chelsea

Neto 8 some crucial saves to keep Chelsea out
Aarons 7 solid tackles not so effective in attack
Zarbarnyi 7 handled Jackson well and good performance
Kelly 9 my man of the match showed composure and pace to block out the most dangerous attacks
Kerkez 7.5 solid and some good overlaps going forward
Christie 7.5 energetic and good performance battled all the time
Cook 7 his best game for a while got caught once or twice but otherwise played well
Billing 7 busy and good on the front foot
Ouatarra 6 not such a good game from him but he will have benefitted from the minutes on his comeback
Tavernier 7 okay and caused a few problems for them good to see him back
Solanke 8 ran his socks off and so nearly got a goal but for the legs of their keeper

Sinisterra 6
Brooks 6.5
Kluivert 6.5

Referee 7 surprisingly okay

Last edited:
A nil-nil under Andoni is far more entertaining than nil-nils under Gary O'Neil and Scott "Stripes" Parker. As the team evolves into an Andoni team, I don't see us ever setting up and out for a goalless draw or settling for it as the match goes on. I'm on the bus for not parking the bus : )

Could have gone either way, right up to the last minute. It kept virtually everyone in their seats, right to the end of each half, I'm a fan of that as well : )

Neto had a good steady game, that helps the defenders and in turn that helps him. Our fullbacks are eye catching in the best possible way, Kelly showed how good he is and how good he will be. Lewis Cook was outstanding in midfield. Just believe the attacking side will click soon, if the keeper/defence combo keeps improving, the attacking will : )

Is that Nicolas Jackson, the same world class Nicolas Jackson we were fools not to sign? : )

Kelly oozed class today. Thought Aarons and Kerkez were great. Also brilliant stuff from the others in the team.

Overall, this season has been so much more enjoyable. Enjoy what we're watching.
Its not hard is it Rob?

Player X should do this, player Y should do that etc. We do this wrong, we do that wrong, grudgingly acknowledging some good play occasionally

**************** me people are so parochial. Look at the £1BILLION pound team we just played today. Imagine if all these self professed experts, supported that lot. Now, that would be something to moan about.

Just this last couple of weeks Tottenham have binned off what was their record signing, Arsenal same with Pepe and now Sancho at Man Utd looks a massive failure, to name but 3. Still apparently our recruitment team, don't know what they're doing, and are unprofessional.

I'm very happy with the first five games, and think we were excellent today.

Kelly was superb, Aarons and Cook close seconds for MotM.

I'm also liking the look of Solanke this season, he will score double figures, without penalties I have no doubt.

Last edited:
Why no start for Brooks.....and coming in very very late ?. Doesn't make much sense as he had started getting goals...and for Wales
Agreed. He certainly spent a lot of time warming up. For a team without a finisher…well, he’s been on a bit of a scoring streak. Can’t score if you’re not on the pitch. And it’s Chelsea. Brooks has history with them. A good one.

A nil-nil under Andoni is far more entertaining than nil-nils under Gary O'Neil and Scott "Stripes" Parker. As the team evolves into an Andoni team, I don't see us ever setting up and out for a goalless draw or settling for it as the match goes on. I'm on the bus for not parking the bus : )

Could have gone either way, right up to the last minute. It kept virtually everyone in their seats, right to the end of each half, I'm a fan of that as well : )

Neto had a good steady game, that helps the defenders and in turn that helps him. Our fullbacks are eye catching in the best possible way, Kelly showed how good he is and how good he will be. Lewis Cook was outstanding in midfield. Just believe the attacking side will click soon, if the keeper/defence combo keeps improving, the attacking will : )

Is that Nicolas Jackson, the same world class Nicolas Jackson we were fools not to sign? : )
The same Nicolas Jackson Hughes and Blake would have blown another fortune on had he passed his medical. Nobody has brought that up on here but people are mentioning it on less evangelical channels.

The same Nicolas Jackson Hughes and Blake would have blown another fortune on had he passed his medical. Nobody has brought that up on here but people are mentioning it on less evangelical channels.
We didn't though and tbh yes quite happy with that, but yes I know this is just you taking another shot at them.

For me it's great to see these players given full rein to (and I hate this expression) express themselves. After having to play under 3 interim sub par managers and one who did his best to undermine them it's great to see them playing with real confidence and looking like they're enjoying every minute of it under a manager who knows what he wants and what he's doing. Kelly, Cook, Solanke and Christie all look like better players already.

So if he was scoring like Haaland you'd be criticising them for not signing him. There's always an angle.
Its obvious everyone's going to take the piss out of him, if he fails to score.
It's way too early to write him off, we could also argue, Chelsea paid double what we were

I don't really care about them that much, maybe others don't as well, could explain why they're not always thrust into every thread regardless of context. It takes a Zealot or Evangelical to do that : )

;