Post-match thoughts v Chelsea

For me it's great to see these players given full rein to (and I hate this expression) express themselves. After having to play under 3 interim sub par managers and one who did his best to undermine them it's great to see them playing with real confidence and looking like they're enjoying every minute of it under a manager who knows what he wants and what he's doing. Kelly, Cook, Solanke and Christie all look like better players already.
Totally agree, and I've a strange feeling Christie is going to start scoring before too long. That might sound optimistic, but last season it would've sounded impossible, and he's trying to shoot now when he can. Mostly at the keeper so far but better than last season

Who said anything about league position. I’m looking at the 270m and wonder if it is money well spent. It’s not childish.
I can help you with that. Its an unresounding yes.

I know you like to exaggerate and make every £ suit your narrative.

We have spent relatively little in this league to get us up to safely mid table plus. That's where we're heading.

Your latest attempted attack on Blake and Hughes for nearly signing Jackson was pathetic. You clutch at more straws than a masturbating scarecrow.

I can help you with that. Its an unresounding yes.

I know you like to exaggerate and make every £ suit your narrative.

We have spent relatively little in this league to get us up to safely mid table plus. That's where we're heading.

Your latest attempted attack on Blake and Hughes for nearly signing Jackson was pathetic. You clutch at more straws than a masturbating scarecrow.
Great analogy. We were the third or fourth depending on what you read biggest spenders in the league last year. Our fees and wages dwarf some other clubs. We will agree to differ on whether the players we signed are collectively worth what we pay for them. Maybe we will even see some of them play against Stoke. Fingers crossed!

Great analogy. We were the third or fourth depending on what you read biggest spenders in the league last year. Our fees and wages dwarf some other clubs. We will agree to differ on whether the players we signed are collectively worth what we pay for them. Maybe we will even see some of them play against Stoke. Fingers crossed!
But, as long as we beat Stoke, who gives a fu ck?

how do you know our wages dwarf other clubs? is it a guess or do you know for sure?

Thanks, I like to use it sparingly, unlike the scarecrow.

We will indeed. I still have faith in Dango (21) Traore (not much older), Kleuivert who has been decent every game, etc I could go on

I saw some of them win us a memorable game at Tottenham for example, but you keep your sarcastic cup team analogy (btw yes Dango wasn't great today, but nor was he at Leicester, he also tore Liverpool apart, that's what you buy - variability and inconsistency)

Pretty sure you slagged off Tavs this time last year, I know you did Senesi, and obvs the 6th choice CH at Southampton amongst others

What do you reckon to Sancho, Maguire, Davison, Pepe etc with their professional top 6 recruitment teams? What do you think of Chelseas £1bn gross spend in 2 years? Or is it just Blake and Hughes, who don't get everything right?

THE REFEREE 10/10 - It's weird not having a cheating ref.

Neto 8 - best game of the season from him
Aarons 8 - In the second half he was incredible
Zarbinyi 8 - won every physical battle, seemed faultless
Kelly 10 - close to perfect performance from him
Kerkez 8 - excellent game, got away with a yellow card
Cook 7 - very good from him
Phil Bil 7 - all over the pitch, his work goes unnoticed sometimes
Dango 5 - sorry, he was very rusty, gave the ball away and that shot!
Tav 6 - nowhere near his very best but still looked decent
Christie 6.5 - good game, typical energetic performance
Dom 8.5 - does so much off the ball, carries us up the pitch

All the subs looked good when they came on. We have great depth. Semenyo probably a little hard done by not to at least come on off the bench.

The Forum, right across the threads generally....it's exactly the same people giving the exact same people sh*t for the content of their posts....its absolutely futile....incapable of producing any worthwhile conclusions.
It's as though their version of the Cherries play and the clubs activity is f√cking unchallengeable.
From the moment I came on this effete Forum it's been f√cking unbelievable in that respect.

The same people in the same cliques upholding the same f√cking stereotypical crap for example, about people like O' Neil, Tindall, Surridge, Gosling, Parker ( who tbh was only telling a truth on that particular day - although I agree he was a strange effete dude with all that daft chic clobber hanging off his bones ).

Stark staring eltism that you probably only find in Manu domains elsewhere.

Last edited:
The Forum, right across the threads generally....it's exactly the same people giving the exact same people sh*t for the content of their posts....its absolutely futile....incapable of producing any worthwhile conclusions.
It's as though their version of the Cherries play and the clubs activity is f√cking unchallengeable.
From the moment I came on this efete Forum it's been f√cking unbelievable in that respect.

The same people in the same cliques upholding the same f√cking stereotypical crap for example, about people like O' Neil, Tindall, Surridge, Gosling, Parker ( who tbh was only telling a truth on that particular day - although I agree he was a strange efete dude with all that daft chic clobber hanging off his bones ).

And this relates to post match AFCB v Chelsea?

Think the manager needs to be braver put in the goal scores rather than just the work rate players,
Our system now is about the very quick break, and that is about pace and fitness. The bravery, in my opinion, is to have this game plan based on work rate from the defensive unit winning the ball deep followed by the quick play through midfield to attack. And that is about work rate.

I agree with you that we are a work in progress.

Agree re the ref. I can't remember the last time an opponent got booked at Dean Court for what was clearly a booking in the first half an hour, let alone 3 minutes.

Really enjoyed the game today. Probably the most entertaining second half of a 0-0 I've ever seen. Two teams trying to score but not quite good enough to do so.

Only one post moaning about Kelly, who misplaced one pass first half but was otherwise pretty faultless with half a dozen superb long passes out of defence.

Both full backs look class to me too and Lewis Cook had probably his best game since his last injury.

Dango and Tavs both looked a bit off the pace at times after injuries, but that's the best I've seen of Kluivert so far.

Sadly though, yet another thread hijacked by some VERY predictable posters with virtually nothing positive to add.

Don't forget, some posters have already seen Christie score a winner this season. Just saying ;)

Brighton here we come, in hope rather than anything else, but still smiling about that 5-0!

From the moment I came on this effete Forum it's been f√cking unbelievable in that respect.

The same people in the same cliques upholding the same f√cking stereotypical crap for example, about people like O' Neil, Tindall, Surridge, Gosling, Parker ( who tbh was only telling a truth on that particular day - although I agree he was a strange effete dude with all that daft chic clobber hanging off his bones ).

LOL!!

How can you say that about Parker, given everything around it at the time.

Seriously man. Are you trying to step up your feather ruffling as R and R is getting the spot light more in this thread?

The same Nicolas Jackson Hughes and Blake would have blown another fortune on had he passed his medical. Nobody has brought that up on here but people are mentioning it on less evangelical channels.

May be wrong, but weren't you having a dig at Blake for us pulling out and Chelsea signing him?

Not sure what your day job is, but I reckon The Sun newspaper would love to have you on board, the way you frame things at times.

Jackson is a decent player, perhaps not got enough for Chelsea, certainly not good enough to lead their forward line, but he'd be a superb signing for most (all?) clubs outside the top 6.

You can't come to the conclusion he's not that good, based on today surely (and even his other PL games so far). Desperation to paint Blake in a bad light shows no bounds whatsoever.

Agree re the ref. I can't remember the last time an opponent got booked at Dean Court for what was clearly a booking in the first half an hour, let alone 3 minutes.

Really enjoyed the game today. Probably the most entertaining second half of a 0-0 I've ever seen. Two teams trying to score but not quite good enough to do so.

Only one post moaning about Kelly, who misplaced one pass first half but was otherwise pretty faultless with half a dozen superb long passes out of defence.

Both full backs look class to me too and Lewis Cook had probably his best game since his last injury.

Dango and Tavs both looked a bit off the pace at times after injuries, but that's the best I've seen of Kluivert so far.

Sadly though, yet another thread hijacked by some VERY predictable posters with virtually nothing positive to add.

Don't forget, some posters have already seen Christie score a winner this season. Just saying ;)

Brighton here we come, in hope rather than anything else, but still smiling about that 5-0!
Agree with all of that.

A lot of the ref's letting play go worked in our favour. The only thing I didn't like was insisting Philip be treated off the pitch. It's correct of course, but when was the last time that happened?

;