Post-match thoughts v Chelsea

Nice to be able to go toe to toe with Chelsea. Though both teams could have scored.

Generally not an exciting game but the defense and midfield generally did well.

Though it is great to have Tav and Dango back Kluivert made a difference and Brooks looked good once he got on and had scored in his last two games. Think the manager needs to be braver put in the goal scores rather than just the work rate players, especially as I ddin't really notice any massive press.
Brooks, Kluivert, Traore are the ones I want to see most, or if not starting when Dango and Tav are coming back get them on much sooner, no idea why Brooks only got 10 mins.

Overall I'd have taken a point before the game, but considering how well the team generally did defensively I'd have hoped for enough chances created at home to take all 3 points, Solanke, Billing unlucky.

We're a work in progress, the sooner we get that first win and get going the better!

And
You've absolutely no credibility on this board anymore so I'm not sure why you even bother posting. If I were you I'd knock it on the head and go back to the Echo as nobody takes your posts seriously.
And what exactly is your problem. I have posted a perfectly reasonable comment. If you don't like my comments then simply ignore them. Why is this so hard to get through your apparent thick skull.

I think you'll find flouncing is when you tell everyone your taking a break.
At least this is one post you don't mention Dom
I don't think you understand the meaning of the word flounce.
I enjoyed a couple of weeks not posting and just reading through the threads as they grew. You get a better perspective of things than when you post in them. It was interesting. There are some really good posters who instigate good debate, those that disagree but debate respectfully, those that just argue for the sake of arguing etc and then there are posters that contribute absolutely nothing to threads. You come into that category. If you actually stopped and read back through your comments you would see that you add zero content to any conversation. Just childish oneliners, put downs and attempted quips. You are incapable of seeing anyone else's point of view or opinion, which is fine if you actually debate why but you don't. You add nothing. Just a waste of words. Many on here refrain from ignoring people because it could take away the point of a thread but with you it makes no odds. You post such worthless drivel that ignoring you would have no impact on a thread. You are actually pointless.

If anyone comes on and says Brighton and Arsenal are 'free hits' before the 'easy run' thereafter....I will probably turn myself inside out, climb the Nile and swim up Everest !

Arsenal pretty much is, but under AI, who knows.

Brighton is more like free t1ts (but fake ones... on men/some kind of hybrid).

It's actually a bit ridiculous that we will get to mid October before we play a game where on paper we should get something from it. Crazy run of fixtures and we have Brighton away and Arsenal at home next!

The 2 games after that at home to Wolves and Burnley will be the real tests. It's really hard to judge AI so far.

Not doubting Christie and it’s hardly a dig saying Rothwell coming in and Billing going forwards offers us more goals. Christie’s goal and shooting record is abysmal he can’t play at ten. At a push he could with three goal scorers ahead of him but we don’t have that.

I think we’d have won today with Billing free and around the box. Look at his record last season. Christie has played well but sometimes you have to construct a team around end product not effort.
As usual Baldie Dawson can’t wIt to have a go at Christie? Quite pathetic really.
The manager of his choice sees Christie as an integral part of his team/system but dear old Neil sees it differently. Whilst almost every other pundit/knowledgeable fan/club coach recognises his incredible worth to the team.
Wise up you bitter bald ****************.

I thought it was a pretty pleasing performance overall, the defence in particular was dramatically improved when compared to the Brentford performance.

Ratings:

Neto- 8.5- didn’t put a foot wrong today, impeccable distribution and two impressive saves, that was a lot more like it from him today.

Aarons- 8.5 MOTM- sensational performance, for such an attacking full back he looks so solid defensively. Probably the only Bournemouth full back I’ve ever seen mark Sterling out of the game, he was so aggressive and proactive in his individual duals and coming out on top the majority of the time. He is also a sight to behold when driving forward with the ball, we need to get him overlapping as often as possible because Chelsea really struggled to cope when he was running at them. Could have easily scored from a couple of his cut backs. Looks like the complete full back to me, early signs are very good.

Zabarnyi- 7.5- much better from him today, was a lot more aggressive and dominating than he has been previously. When debating who should start at LCB, I think it really has to be taken into account how much more comfortable Zabarnyi looks when partnered with Kelly. It’s as if he knows that Kelly has the pace to sweep in behind so he has the license to do what he is good at.

Kelly- 8.5- could easily have been MOTM too, I’d go as far to say that with the style of play that we are playing with right now, that he is now the first name on the team sheet. His pace doesn’t just allow him to sweep up in the spaces that are left in behind our back line, it allows him to be more aggressive in his duals and in his positioning as he knows he has the athleticism to get back into position quickly. Our defence looks so much better with him in it, when compared to Senesi. Not to say that Senesi is a bad player, but Kelly simply has to play in this AI side and he clearly agrees.

Kerkez- 7- very busy and competitive as usual, he was exposed down his side on quite a few occasions in the first half but that was more due to the fact that he was being overloaded than anything else. Clearly a very good young player who could go very far in the game.

Cook- 8- very good performance from him today. Similar to the Kelly Vs Senesi debate, although he isn’t necessarily a better player than Rothwell, he is obviously far better suited to this way of playing. His intelligent positioning and constant covering were essential and we even had a couple of glimpses of him driving with the ball like the Cook of old.

Billing- 7- immense work rate and covered a hell of a lot of ground, at times it seemed as though he was having to press but also simultaneously cover a man in space behind him too. Was a victim of systemic failures in the first quarter but after a tactical tweak to drop him a bit deeper he was able to get into the game a bit more. Didn’t do a lot wrong.

Tavernier- 6.5- not a bad showing for his first start back, some good driving runs and non stop work rate. Always looks a threat when cutting in from the right onto his left foot.

Dango- 3- and even that might be generous for that showing. In his defence he never looks comfortable playing on the left hand side, but he still needs to be a lot better than that. I’ve defended him in the past, I recognise that he’s a player who will either produce the sublime or the ridiculous, but he seriously looked as though he had won a competition today to play in the game. He will get goals and assists if persevered with, but when he plays like he did today he really costs the side because the move broke down virtually every time he received the ball. Very very poor.

Christie- 7- immense work rate as usual and some neat and tidy play on the ball, as always he never really looked like scoring or creating though.

Solanke- 6.5- worked hard and looked lovely inside the penalty area, unlucky with one decent strike and should have done better on another occasion when he failed to control a Kluivert cross properly.

Subs-

Senesi- 7- solid enough when he came on and one very good goal saving block. Should not play ahead of Kelly though.

Kluivert- 7.5- I really must be watching a different player to most because I find the number of people who don’t seem to rate him to be very confusing. He has real quality when manipulating the ball in tight areas and a very low centre of gravity and rapid burst of acceleration. For me, from what I have seen this season, he has to play. It wasn’t until he was on the pitch that we really looked like creating anything of note. He won about three free kicks when he came on and must have created two or three chances. Really don’t understand why many seem to have almost written him off already?! Was good Vs Tottenham and Brentford and very good today, on both wings!

Sinistera- 5- looked poor to be honest, he’s had no training with the team and it was his first outing so I will cut him some slack, but offered very little when coming on.

Brooks- NA- not really on long enough but produced one very classy turn.

I have a very strong hunch that we'll beat Brighton next week. After their momentous victory at Old Trafford yesterday, they now have another massive game on Thursday, their first-ever European match against Athens, in many ways the pinnacle of their history. I imagine this is going to be both a physically and emotionally draining match for them.

Then it's back to bread and butter with Bournemouth, a bit of an anti-climax...we can catch them on an off-day, I'm sure of it.
This sort of stuff can make the difference.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word flounce.
I enjoyed a couple of weeks not posting and just reading through the threads as they grew. You get a better perspective of things than when you post in them. It was interesting. There are some really good posters who instigate good debate, those that disagree but debate respectfully, those that just argue for the sake of arguing etc and then there are posters that contribute absolutely nothing to threads. You come into that category. If you actually stopped and read back through your comments you would see that you add zero content to any conversation. Just childish oneliners, put downs and attempted quips. You are incapable of seeing anyone else's point of view or opinion, which is fine if you actually debate why but you don't. You add nothing. Just a waste of words. Many on here refrain from ignoring people because it could take away the point of a thread but with you it makes no odds. You post such worthless drivel that ignoring you would have no impact on a thread. You are actually pointless.
So why announce it, but then post. To be honest you come across as a winging moaner, you dislike everything the club is doing.
Your continual posts repeating the same message about Dom is frankly embarrassing how desperate you are for him to fail.
I think we should agree to disagree, I won't comment on your posts again.
Maybe you need a break from watching the team, to get your perspective on things

And

And what exactly is your problem. I have posted a perfectly reasonable comment. If you don't like my comments then simply ignore them. Why is this so hard to get through your apparent thick skull.
As you asked nicely, I'll explain it to you.

Every week you come on here and you proclaim we will lose. Every single week. You make it sound like you're disappointed by that, and as if you're the only person who's ever had the insight to think that a club who's spent over a billion on transfers might just have the edge on us.

When you're wrong, you don't hold your hands up and admit it, you deflect on to something else and predict doom in another area. You're an absolute buffoon and you've got no credibility left. Any of us could come on here and predict a loss each week. Chris Sutton does it every week.

For some reason you think that by being the prophet of doom you know more than others on here but I've yet to read one single bit of insight from you on here other than "we've got some injuries so we will lose".

This board was a better place before you were here and it'll be a better place when you get bored and run back to the echo site again.

I thought it was a pretty pleasing performance overall, the defence in particular was dramatically improved when compared to the Brentford performance.

Ratings:

Neto- 8.5- didn’t put a foot wrong today, impeccable distribution and two impressive saves, that was a lot more like it from him today.

Aarons- 8.5 MOTM- sensational performance, for such an attacking full back he looks so solid defensively. Probably the only Bournemouth full back I’ve ever seen mark Sterling out of the game, he was so aggressive and proactive in his individual duals and coming out on top the majority of the time. He is also a sight to behold when driving forward with the ball, we need to get him overlapping as often as possible because Chelsea really struggled to cope when he was running at them. Could have easily scored from a couple of his cut backs. Looks like the complete full back to me, early signs are very good.

Zabarnyi- 7.5- much better from him today, was a lot more aggressive and dominating than he has been previously. When debating who should start at LCB, I think it really has to be taken into account how much more comfortable Zabarnyi looks when partnered with Kelly. It’s as if he knows that Kelly has the pace to sweep in behind so he has the license to do what he is good at.

Kelly- 8.5- could easily have been MOTM too, I’d go as far to say that with the style of play that we are playing with right now, that he is now the first name on the team sheet. His pace doesn’t just allow him to sweep up in the spaces that are left in behind our back line, it allows him to be more aggressive in his duals and in his positioning as he knows he has the athleticism to get back into position quickly. Our defence looks so much better with him in it, when compared to Senesi. Not to say that Senesi is a bad player, but Kelly simply has to play in this AI side and he clearly agrees.

Kerkez- 7- very busy and competitive as usual, he was exposed down his side on quite a few occasions in the first half but that was more due to the fact that he was being overloaded than anything else. Clearly a very good young player who could go very far in the game.

Cook- 8- very good performance from him today. Similar to the Kelly Vs Senesi debate, although he isn’t necessarily a better player than Rothwell, he is obviously far better suited to this way of playing. His intelligent positioning and constant covering were essential and we even had a couple of glimpses of him driving with the ball like the Cook of old.

Billing- 7- immense work rate and covered a hell of a lot of ground, at times it seemed as though he was having to press but also simultaneously cover a man in space behind him too. Was a victim of systemic failures in the first quarter but after a tactical tweak to drop him a bit deeper he was able to get into the game a bit more. Didn’t do a lot wrong.

Tavernier- 6.5- not a bad showing for his first start back, some good driving runs and non stop work rate. Always looks a threat when cutting in from the right onto his left foot.

Dango- 3- and even that might be generous for that showing. In his defence he never looks comfortable playing on the left hand side, but he still needs to be a lot better than that. I’ve defended him in the past, I recognise that he’s a player who will either produce the sublime or the ridiculous, but he seriously looked as though he had won a competition today to play in the game. He will get goals and assists if persevered with, but when he plays like he did today he really costs the side because the move broke down virtually every time he received the ball. Very very poor.

Christie- 7- immense work rate as usual and some neat and tidy play on the ball, as always he never really looked like scoring or creating though.

Solanke- 6.5- worked hard and looked lovely inside the penalty area, unlucky with one decent strike and should have done better on another occasion when he failed to control a Kluivert cross properly.

Subs-

Senesi- 7- solid enough when he came on and one very good goal saving block. Should not play ahead of Kelly though.

Kluivert- 7.5- I really must be watching a different player to most because I find the number of people who don’t seem to rate him to be very confusing. He has real quality when manipulating the ball in tight areas and a very low centre of gravity and rapid burst of acceleration. For me, from what I have seen this season, he has to play. It wasn’t until he was on the pitch that we really looked like creating anything of note. He won about three free kicks when he came on and must have created two or three chances. Really don’t understand why many seem to have almost written him off already?! Was good Vs Tottenham and Brentford and very good today, on both wings!

Sinistera- 5- looked poor to be honest, he’s had no training with the team and it was his first outing so I will cut him some slack, but offered very little when coming on.

Brooks- NA- not really on long enough but produced one very classy turn.
Think I pretty much agree apart from kerkez, he kept sterling quiet, which I don't recall happening in a previous game. Dango was poor but 3?

But, what are your post match thoughts today?
We competed well with an Elite club.. and could have won or lost based on both teams chances.
Particularly pleased that we stopped Mr Sterling from scoring .
Disappointed that we didn't have Brooks starting...but as Cherrybare pointed out to me .. ..he hasn't learnt to 'track back'..ok that's a fair point...but to have had him on for half an hour instead of ten minutes... he might have won us the game !

I enjoyed the game and was really impressed by the way Aarons and Kerkez handled the threats out wide. I love the way that Iraola sets us up to play. I suspect that I am going to enjoy this season much more than last.

Exactly! Future looking good isn;t it.

Exactly why getting a new manager in was the right decision. Not sure we'd be so positive, with GON still at the helm (albeit recognising he did a superb job keeping us last season and hope he goes on to have a good career.)

;