Pre season Portugal.

Travelling abroad. Not talking about humour.
I found it odd that you find it unnecessary for the team to go to Portugal, assuming you spent most of your time sailing the worlds oceans not for any particular reason.

Ok see your point about humour. ...but I just don't see the value of pre - season friendlies abroad...when you can more simply arrange an adequate test against a club a few miles away.
Not sure what you mean by ' any particular reason''... If it's referencing the role of the RN . well that's open to debate these days...but it's basically been helping to Police the Oceans and importantly the Home Sea areas.. for safety of shipping and humanity. ..same as Armies on land.

Looks like game against Braga on 19th is being played in the Algarve so assuming our training camp is there as well

Sadly it’s the same old issue of being told late, to make travel awkward and expensive with the new twist of excluding fans altogether from matches. I seldom use the word disgrace but this scenario fits the bill. Shocking PR

Just cannot see the value of the team going to Portugal for pre - season.
a waste of time and money..
...better to do Plymouth Argyle or Bristol Rovers and City, Exeter.. Liskeard and Bodmin even.... Tour of the West Country.
Some Fans might even get to meet me...the Real Me. .and get some straight off the lips pearls of wisdom...or burlesque nonsense...now wouldn't that be something.
Thenaways.. Load up with frozen Steak and Stilton Pasties and head off back to South Coast Central via Lyme bay for a spot of fossil hunting.
Now bain't that be a better scenario than sharing a beach with paedos and glugging jugs of gravel infused Port Wine...or sitting in cafes and bars staring at faded framed posters of that w@nker Ron Aldo!
No Airport stress....you get to keep your kids. ..and you might spot a new Surridge at the games!

Apologies if i've offended or bored any dudes...this is just one of several 22-23 warm - up thread trashers !
You're a burlesque dancer Brian? Is there no end to your talents?

AFC Bournemouth head coach Scott Parker is planning to “crank up” preparations for the new season during the club’s training camp in Portugal.

Parker’s squad headed to the Algarve today and will spend ten days being put through their paces during some intensive warm-weather sessions.

They will play behind-closed doors training matches against League One outfit Sheffield Wednesday and Braga who compete in the top flight in Portugal.

The Cherries return to England on 20th July and have full-scale pre-season friendlies against Bristol City on 23rd July and Spanish club Real Sociedad a week later, both at Vitality Stadium.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/parker-will-crank-it-up-during-portugal-camp/

I really don't see the point of these secretive behind closed doors games.
Everyone knows how we play,it's no secret.
They could have just arranged one exhibition game and encouraged fans to attend.
They are even missing a money making opportunity of selling it as part of a holiday package.
If Parker is so obsessed with keeping everyone guessing they could have just played four four fecking two.

Pleased to Marcondes getting off the plane. Does this mean he’s going to feature in Parker’s plans ? Could be exciting.

Pleased to Marcondes getting off the plane. Does this mean he’s going to feature in Parker’s plans ? Could be exciting.
Unless he changes formation and plays either a number 10 or second striker then I don’t see how he can be anything other than an occasional sub.

They are at Quinta do Lago in the Algarve which is averaging about 30C as a daily high this week according to the BBC. Hot but not off the scale.
Yep. Central regions of the Iberian peninsula are experiencing temperatures of 40+C.
In southern parts we are in the range 30-35C which is pretty much a normal Spanish August temperature, so just a month earlier than would be normal.
I'd say anything under 35C should be just about ok for doing sports, but obviously not necessarily pleasant !

Yep. Central regions of the Iberian peninsula are experiencing temperatures of 40+C.
In southern parts we are in the range 30-35C which is pretty much a normal Spanish August temperature, so just a month earlier than would be normal.
I'd say anything under 35C should be just about ok for doing sports, but obviously not necessarily pleasant !

it is currently 38 degrees in the Algarve. Yesterday there was a massive wild fire near Quinta do Lago which is now under control.
I cannot imagine training is much fun in this environment!

;