Premier League 23/24

Promoted three to go down?published at 13:33 11 March​

13:33 11 March​

Now it's time for a look at how the bottom nine is predicted to finish.

Opta are tipping the three promoted sides - Luton Town, Burnley and Sheffield United - to go down, and by some margin.

Maybe not a surprise, but given the Premier League charges hanging over Everton and Nottingham Forest, will their points haul prove to be enough to stave off a battling Luton side.

Opta's Supercomputer 2023/24 Premier League season predictions:

12. Fulham - 47 points

13. Bournemouth - 46 points

14. Brentford - 40 points

15. Crystal Palace - 39 points

16. Everton - 37 points

17. Nottingham Forest - 36 points

18. Luton Town - 31 points

19. Burnley - 23 points

20. Sheffield United - 22 points

Sheffield United

Opta are tipping the three promoted sides - Luton Town, Burnley and Sheffield United - to go down, and by some margin.

Maybe not a surprise, but given the Premier League charges hanging over Everton and Nottingham Forest, will their points haul prove to be enough to stave off a battling Luton side.

12. Fulham - 47 points

16. Everton - 37 points

19. Burnley - 23 points

Sheffield United
Yes looking at this a 6 point deduction for forest would send them down

12. Fulham - 47 points

16. Everton - 37 points

19. Burnley - 23 points

Sheffield United

Oh well, perhaps Brentford won't be used as a gleaming example of how transfer policies should be implemented this summer ;)

12. Fulham - 47 points

16. Everton - 37 points

19. Burnley - 23 points

Sheffield United
14 points from our remaining fixtures would be great, but I have a feeling it will be more like 10-12. If we get 3 points tomorrow I will be a little more optimistic :D

12. Fulham - 47 points

16. Everton - 37 points

19. Burnley - 23 points

Sheffield United

14 points in 11 games to get to our PL high-water tally ..... I'd take that.

I think Luton stand a better than even chance of getting the three points purely because they need them more than us and All their players will give a f√ck...I don't think you can say the same for us....
...but. ....but we will see.

I think Luton stand a better than even chance of getting the three points purely because they need them more than us and All their players will give a f√ck...I don't think you can say the same for us....
...but. ....but we will see.
It's true. it could happen, but we can console ourselves with Notts Forest dropping into the bottom three..

Actually wouldn’t be upset with a draw tomorrow. I think it’s in our best interests going into next season for Luton to stay up and Forest go down. Let them have their point but they don’t gain any ground on us.

Actually wouldn’t be upset with a draw tomorrow. I think it’s in our best interests going into next season for Luton to stay up and Forest go down. Let them have their point but they don’t gain any ground on us.

Must I'd be a bit disappointed with the drop as that's 4 points dropped over last 2 games imo. Plus need to break current streak of form...

But yiu are right. I'd be much more satisfied seeing forest go down as don't particularly like them and as you say, much more likely to be a threat next season to us.

;