Preston v AFC Bournemouth

Okay you keep telling yourself that mate. However, being realistic it probably wouldn't have made much difference as we
was in the bottom 3 when fans were allowed in.

You are right about it being different this season but I assume you know that it is the same for all of the teams. Maybe its more difficult adjusting to the league but Watford and Norwich come down with us and seem to be doing alright.
Yes just my opinion.....mate....and I'll stick with it.....if that's ok with you

Just read through the whole thread and for what it's worth I actually thought that we looked like a pretty decent team yesterday. Without Cookie's brain fart I don't think PNE would have scored, so it would have been an excellent away win.
We created plenty of very good chances, as the stats prove, and can consider ourselves unfortunate to have only scored the one goal.

Particularly in the first half I thought we finally looked like a TEAM and we were playing with a lot of confidence, which was great to see at last. Defensively, as long as Begovic keeps his good form going, we look unlikely to concede many. We are creating chances and giving defences plenty to think about. I am also seeing lots of positive communication between the players out there on the pitch and no lack of effort or commitment. It just felt to me like we are still moving in the right direction although clearly we are not over the brow of the hill just yet.

Our free kicks and corners are just absolutely hopeless and set plays are cheap goals if you get them right. We absolutely must improve in this area. We need new routines and we need to be practising them regularly in training. Just about EVERY team we've met this season has been able to threaten from corners for instance. Whenever we get a corner I NEVER think it is going to lead to anything.
If we can work on corners and free kicks on the training ground, we'd have one more weapon in our arsenal whenever a team decides to park the bus against us.
This is something which can be improved with practice so hopefully those responsible for training will come up with something to improve us in this regard.

But overall, to me, it seems as though we are gradually evolving into a team and the performances and results are beginning to reflect that.
I always suspected that playing a settled team and system would benefit this squad and so far that appears to be the case.

Since we still haven't lost, the mankini run continues !

:utc:

Last edited:
Just read through the whole thread and for what it's worth I actually thought that we looked like a pretty decent team yesterday. Without Cookie's brain fart I don't think PNE would have scored, so it would have been an excellent away win.
We created plenty of very good chances as the stats prove and can consider ourselves unfortunate to have only scored the one goal.

Particularly in the first half I thought we finally looked like a TEAM and we were playing with a lot of confidence, which was great to see at last. Defensively, as long as Begovic keeps his good form going, we look unlikely to concede many. We are creating chances and giving defences plenty to think about. I am also seeing lots of positive communication between the players out there on the pitch and no lack of effort or commitment. It just felt to me like we are still moving in the right direction although clearly we are not over the brow of the hill just yet.

Our free kicks and corners are just absolutely hopeless and set plays are cheap goals if you get them right. We absolutely must improve in this area. We need new routines and we need to be practising them regularly in training. Just about EVERY team we've met this season has been able to threaten from corners for instance. Whenever we get a corner I NEVER think it is going to lead to anything.
If we can work on corners and free kicks on the training ground, we'd have one more weapon in our arsenal whenever a team decides to park the bus against us.
This is something which can be improved with practice so hopefully those responsible for training with come up with something to improve us in this regard.

But overall, to me, it seems as though we are gradually evolving into a team and the performances and results are beginning to reflect that.
I always suspected that playing a settled team and system would benefit this squad and so far that appears to be the case.

We created plenty of very good chances as the stats prove and can consider ourselves unfortunate to have only scored the one goal.

This is something which can be improved with practice so hopefully those responsible for training with come up with something to improve us in this regard.

A perfect assessment of where we are currently, and we still have our main play maker to come back in when fit, well done.

Last visit there, parked in a row of cars up the grass hill from the away end and came back to find every single car broken into apart from ours, happened at Stoke and Millwall as well, I must have some car guardian angel that's attached itself to me over the years:)

Well yes but the fans didn't make much difference for the other 29 games, therefore I can't see why we would have suddenly got better in the last 9.
It's up to you ,we all have different opinions......I just happen to think with a crowd we would not lost Palace, Newcastle and Southampton .....at least a couple of points out of those games.......of course we'll never know.

;