Rational thinking

No..we hit the beach prematurely in April when the main job was done.
What's hard about West Ham and Spurs at Home.. or Brentford ?.. if we consider those fixtures hard...we are done already.
This is time for straight talking fans to make the points.
We did, that's correct.

West Ham. Beating Brighton 0-2 away.

Spurs. Top.

I'd say they were hard rather than easy fixtures.

West Ham were beatable though and in the last 20 mins we were all over them.

Perspective.

This is all about my point re hard fixtures first 9 games.

Last edited:
NO fixtures are Easy ; not in this league, the Championship.. anywhere !
Ridiculous term applied to Football.

You have to just get out there and get on with it.

Cloughs teams fed off his arrogance..as did Shanklys..." don't come off that pitch with nothing..I pay you good money ! "
Oh those old psychologically adept managers !

You don't sit simpering and wimpering over a bloody fixture list picking out the 'easy games' ...they become hard because of that pressure you have banked up on them ...Jesus Christ why are so many football fans so bloody thick ?

I honestly don't know where it's all heading ...
F√cking Tik Tok Rangers versus bloody Bitcoin Dynamo...
All I do know..is that it's a crock of sh*t right now Batman !

You might have expected a team that survived against all the odds last season...would go into August with some Verve and Vitality, swagger even , knowing that they are better than many predicted them to be .
And here we are ..fresh start...fresh manager and style even....but we let West Ham and Spurs dictate the happenings in our own fortress.

This isnt so much about the players abilities as it is about Mentality. Sorry but I know I'm right !
Come on Bri, you're better than that.

Bollox about 139 money in another thread. It's not even open yet.

West Ham were 3 up at BHA last time I looked, we more than matched them for a deserved point.

Today until they went 2 up against the run if play, we had been decent. The disappointment was the last half hour, but I have seen plenty to be positive about.

But then we weren't bringing on Tavs, Ouattara, Adams or Scott yet were we.

Remember this thread because I'll bring it back up in 3 months time.

Come on Bri, you're better than that.

Bollox about 139 money in another thread. It's not even open yet.

West Ham were 3 up at BHA last time I looked, we more than matched them for a deserved point.

Today until they went 2 up against the run if play, we had been decent. The disappointment was the last half hour, but I have seen plenty to be positive about.

But then we weren't bringing on Tavs, Ouattara, Adams or Scott yet were we.

Remember this thread because I'll bring it back up in 3 months time.
I'm not better than that or anything else.

I just don't like losing to swanky Spurs.. especially at DC.

The thing about the £139 Food was meant to be funny/ sarcastic style....I'm disgusted by it actually and intend to ridicule the f√ck out of if forthwith !
Be under no illusions that I'm not going to wind up this Forum to buggery this season....and allow it to wind me up !

I'm not better than that or anything else.

I just don't like losing to swanky Spurs..at home !

The thing about the £139 Food was meant to be funny/ sarcastic style....I'm disgusted by it actually and intend to ridicule the f√ck out of if forthwith !
Tbf I agree to a good degree, but there again, if we want the club to build we can't knock them for increasing revenue.

I don't like losing either, but equally we are competing with the richest clubs in the world. We aren't going to win incessantly are we?!

I think expectations grew unrealistically as players were signed. Signing players doesn't guarantee success but it should assist in achieving the aim of competing at this level and staying in this division. Tough start? Yes . Impossible start , no. West Ham have hit this season running. Liverpool will beat us 4 times out of every 5. Spurs have anew manager and arguably could be better without Kane . They certainly didn't miss him today. But, just because it's a tough start it doesn't mean we should roll over , accept defeat and polish over weaknesses because we have players out. I'm sure things will get better but 5 or 6 games in without a win and things start to look sticky. Again I ha e no doubt that we have a better squad than Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley. Everton look a shambles. That should see us through this season although i think we'll end up around 15th.

It’s 3 games, get a grip.

Not being complacent because there is definitely a scenario where we get next to no points over the next month or two, the pressure ramps up, and we end up struggling all season.

But, arguably, we have the strongest squad we’ve ever had and an ambitious owner who also appears to have the means. There are more reasons to be cheerful and it is more than likely that there are at least 3 worse teams in the league than us.

If the club are going to charge good working class folk £139 for a pre match or HT snack...a few chips and sausages and something wet..then ya know what...I hope the f√ck they end up in the Southern League Prem with Poole Town...that's f√cking virtually done it for me now ...although I still remain a Cherry to Death !

And That...from a non - Left Winger !

Everton will NOT be relegated.

And I don't think Wolves will either !

WE are going to be in the mix for sure...maybe above 18th but in the mix nevertheless !

3-0 West Ham now, have a look at the second goal from Jarrod Bowen, world class.

A player I would like playing for AFCB.

Hopefully once we get to the international break and after it we may get some key players back and one of those for me is Tavernier who our side badly miss.

Then we have the new players to gradually fit into our side and then once the players get to grips with the new style of football we may get a good idea how our season will go.

West Ham in the seasons before last were in the top seven at the end of the season, so a point against them was good.

Last edited:

;