Rational thinking

I'm just waiting for him to slip out of his Internet persona and post like the real Brian and get another ban then his attention seeking posts will be gone

Must be a close contest between dragon and Brian in the most bans in the calendar year league.

Completely agree, have noticed this for as well, we have been like it for years and im Not sure where it stems from as if you watch some of the training videos they are working on triangle passing and moving but taking it into games the players look lost of ideas as teams defending sit will two banks of 4 plays mostly are we alway look short in the middle, hopefully with maybe an extra signing we can sort it out as we could end up like Everton not scoring any goals
I think the last time we regularly scored goals like the goals Spurs scored yesterday was when the King / Wilson ( possibly add Turd to that ) partnership was at its best.
King would play a ball into the box and Wilson knew exactly where to run to get onto the end of it. I suppose we've never really come close to replicating that kind of partnership. Hopefully under AI two or three of our forward players can become a settled offensive unit and we will start to see a few Spurs type goals from our own team.

Oh, and the corners probably wind me up even more.
It wouldn't surprise me to hear that opposition teams are told, before their games against us, not to worry about conceding unnecessary corners when defending. It will make no difference to them if the ball goes out for a corner or a throw in !

The offensive play thing might indeed need more time, the right personell and the right telepathic understanding between them to succeed but surely we can do better with our corners just by practising more ?!?!?

I see a complete lack of faith in Andoni to do what an excellent coach would do. That is improve the players performance from what they are currently doing.

But then I guess if you have all the answers after three games then that criticism is justified.
An extreme response as often from you Rob.
We are merely saying what we have identified and what we would like to see addressed. Nobody is stating that it isn't happening already or will never happen. This has nothing to do with three games under Iraola either, it's something which has been observed under multiple managers over multiple seasons now.
But if it makes you feel better to distort everything just so you can have a pop, then carry on mate.

An extreme response as often from you Rob.
We are merely saying what we have identified and what we would like to see addressed. Nobody is stating that it isn't happening already or will never happen. This has nothing to do with three games under Iraola either, it's something which has been observed under multiple managers over multiple seasons now.
But if it makes you feel better to distort everything just so you can have a pop, then carry on mate.
Thanks. I suggest you check out Neil posts first.

I'm just waiting for him to slip out of his Internet persona and post like the real Brian and get another ban then his attention seeking posts will be gone
I'm up on the Moors...being normal...watching kestrels... It's raining hard but that's ok ..its filling up the reservoir which was getting low.

Will that do ?

No bans coming for a while yet.

You might...might...have a long wait !

Time for some rational thinking and clear heads.

Yes we are all a bit disappointed with how it went today and only on 1 point after 3 games. But there are plenty of reasons to be positive with our outlook and here's my thoughts as to why we will finish comfortably in mid table.

- we are a team with new players bedding in and it always takes a bit of time. This will happen soon enough.

- same with our new manager. Players will learn his desired style of play and he will learn about this group of players strengths and weaknesses.

- we are fortunate that this season the quality of the prem is not as great as in other seasons. As a result of this we have a bit more leeway with points 1 & 2 above.

- we have players still to be available who will strengthen our side when they are. A mix of proven scorers in this league and exciting new potential.

- our start has been particularly hard fixtures-wise. No getting away from it, we will play less good teams after these first 9 games, which is helpful as we should have become a better team by the time we do.

I do think we could do with another forward and if this Daka talk comes to fruition I think that will be good business. He's pacey, direct and knows where the back of the net is. Semenyo showing he can be an option up top also and Solanke will need to up his game. But I'm confident he can and his form will pick up.

Anyway, as the thread says, time for some cool heads and rational thinking. The future is still very positive after just 3 games.
Absolutely those of us with any modicum of football brain will remain upbeat and optimistic about the season especially as we have nearly half a team out injured and when AI has a stronger squad to select from we can really flourish IMO

Absolutely those of us with any modicum of football brain will remain upbeat and optimistic about the season especially as we have nearly half a team out injured and when AI has a stronger squad to select from we can really flourish IMO

That's what's surprising (I think). Don't mean to be patronising but some of the outbursts/dramatics that have come from long time fans has been interesting. Thought they'd know better and the bed wetting would remain innthe domain of younger gen on twitter. Not really surprised of course, but you know what I mean.

Time for some rational thinking and clear heads.

Yes we are all a bit disappointed with how it went today and only on 1 point after 3 games. But there are plenty of reasons to be positive with our outlook and here's my thoughts as to why we will finish comfortably in mid table.

- we are a team with new players bedding in and it always takes a bit of time. This will happen soon enough.

- same with our new manager. Players will learn his desired style of play and he will learn about this group of players strengths and weaknesses.

- we are fortunate that this season the quality of the prem is not as great as in other seasons. As a result of this we have a bit more leeway with points 1 & 2 above.

- we have players still to be available who will strengthen our side when they are. A mix of proven scorers in this league and exciting new potential.

- our start has been particularly hard fixtures-wise. No getting away from it, we will play less good teams after these first 9 games, which is helpful as we should have become a better team by the time we do.

I do think we could do with another forward and if this Daka talk comes to fruition I think that will be good business. He's pacey, direct and knows where the back of the net is. Semenyo showing he can be an option up top also and Solanke will need to up his game. But I'm confident he can and his form will pick up.

Anyway, as the thread says, time for some cool heads and rational thinking. The future is still very positive after just 3 games.
Just returning to this original post as the thread can and has gone a bit off on several tangents.

For myself, I entirely agree with your points made. I recently watched Sky’s Mission to Burnley documentary, which was not only very good but also really instructive about a new manager coming in with new ideas and a new squad when they went back down to the Championship. Burnley didn’t even have to challenge against Premier League standards like we do, but even then it took Vincent Kompany quite a few fixtures and many many training sessions before his team “clicked“, and their analysis showed that once they did click in terms of not only every player understanding everyone’s roles but also implementing the playing style, they really didn’t look back. I’m convinced our best is yet to come and that our best will be good. Our draw against a good West Ham was for me really pleasing, we played well at Liverpool and frightened them a bit more than last season (!), and I saw some promising play yesterday, and we’re a team still very much in transition. A slightly longer term view than the last few fixtures is needed IMO. I’m not expecting too much over the next month other than to see our players’ understanding develop and maintain the high press and direct game I’m starting to enjoy. Of course I won’t complain if we do over Brentford…..

Keeping the faith!

Just returning to this original post as the thread can and has gone a bit off on several tangents.

For myself, I entirely agree with your points made. I recently watched Sky’s Mission to Burnley documentary, which was not only very good but also really instructive about a new manager coming in with new ideas and a new squad when they went back down to the Championship. Burnley didn’t even have to challenge against Premier League standards like we do, but even then it took Vincent Kompany quite a few fixtures and many many training sessions before his team “clicked“, and their analysis showed that once they did click in terms of not only every player understanding everyone’s roles but also implementing the playing style, they really didn’t look back. I’m convinced our best is yet to come and that our best will be good. Our draw against a good West Ham was for me really pleasing, we played well at Liverpool and frightened them a bit more than last season (!), and I saw some promising play yesterday, and we’re a team still very much in transition. A slightly longer term view than the last few fixtures is needed IMO. I’m not expecting too much over the next month other than to see our players’ understanding develop and maintain the high press and direct game I’m starting to enjoy. Of course I won’t complain if we do over Brentford…..

Keeping the faith!

Yeah that's why that dismal fa cup game they looked better. Not necessarily better players, but they actually looked like they had a cohesive plan and buoyed by confidence of their league campaign, I wasn't remotely shocked when they turned us over. They looked a far superior team.

We had GON scratching his head, unable to do a single thing to turn the tie in our favour.

;