Recruitment war- Parker vs Demin

I don’t think anyone is saying he isn’t a proper footballing person .
Well KK is. This is what he wrote in his posting timed at 11.13 on this thread.
"This is why it’s so important to hire proper footballing people to run the football operations."
How else would you interpret that?
As an aside, we have had so many people on here since Saturday mounting their usual hobby horses that we could easily stage a rerun of the Charge of The Light Brigade.

Well KK is. This is what he wrote in his posting timed at 11.13 on this thread.
"This is why it’s so important to hire proper footballing people to run the football operations."
How else would you interpret that?
As an aside, we have had so many people on here since Saturday mounting their usual hobby horses that we could easily stage a rerun of the Charge of The Light Brigade.
Football fans are fickle,
a win and everything is great, a loss and the knives come out
Look at Villa at the moment.

The thing that makes most sense is that we have to unload players before we bring others in. I don't know how many players we've got now but it would seem likely that it's more than the PL squad maximum.

Spot on. Why so many can’t see it is a mystery.
I posted an outline of Richard Hughes' career in football above, and I'm intrigued to know why you think that what he has done in the game doesn't make him a "proper footballing person".
What else should he have done to qualify for this description?

I posted an outline of Richard Hughes' career in football above, and I'm intrigued to know why you think that what he has done in the game doesn't make him a "proper footballing person".
What else should he have done to qualify for this description?
He could of asked Dawson's permission first.

The 15/16 squad was really not that much better on paper

If we do a comparison, with the game versus Villa in '15 and the game versus Villa in '22, I would suggest the players we have in position now, are overall, slightly better.

Boruc
Francis Elphick Cook Daniels
Ritchie Surman Gosling Ritchie Pugh
Wilson King

Travers
Lerma Mepham Kelly
Smith Zemura
Billing Pearson
Moore Solanke

Putting aside the formations, I would posit, that Travers, Kelly, Smith, Zemura, Billing and Solanke are slightly better, than Boruc, Francis, Cook, Daniels, Gosling and King.

I'm giving an opinion, not stating a fact.

I think - I don't know - that the team in 2015, were more a team, than what we have now. That, I think, is down to Howe.

Last edited:
Think these paras sum up re Blake and Hughes and Eddie. If he wasn’t happy with either of them he could have left them out.

Then there was the supposed rift with JT, we know where he is now.

"To CEO Neill Blake, thank you for everything. I know personally how hard you work and how committed you are to achieving success for the club and have appreciated your support greatly.

"To the chairman, Jeff Mostyn, I cannot thank you enough for all you have done. It’s been a remarkable journey and your diligence, enthusiasm and love for the club has played a huge role in our success.

"To all of the hardworking backroom staff, of whom there are just too many to mention, thank you so much for all that you do for Bournemouth. You are all the heartbeat of the club and it’s been a joy to work alongside you all.

"To my own football staff; To Jason Tindall. What a journey we went on together. Thank you for standing by my side year after year and for the loyalty you showed through all the highs and lows we went through together. Our partnership is something I’ll always treasure.

"To Richard Hughes, first team technical director, thank you for everything you’ve done for me and the club under my management. I will be forever grateful for your tireless work ethic, loyalty and friendship over the years.

It's a bit confusing that EH got us attacking and scoring enough goals to get enough PL wins in 4 seasons.. EH being a defender in lower leagues.

SP.. a seasoned campaigner in the PL for years as a midfielder....you would think he understands what way to play for a particular type of team and players to avoid a hammering....so I can only deduce that the main difference between the two...is that a Fear element is with SP....whereas EH was bold and brave.
Yes and Eddie howe being a defender and we could not stop conceding goals

Good post. Hard to disagree on any of those names, except maybe Pearson who can do a job (as he did vs Villa) and Mepham who is good enough backup. Nobody will pay for Stan or probably even loan him, so may as well try to get 4 or 5 games out of him.

The rest is spot on though, we knew exactly what the goal was when we signed those players in Jan, so surely all (including Parker) knew that we'd either have to stick with those we have, or have a big summer of turnover. Something, somewhere really isn't right about this. I struggle to think that Parker said "sign these 5 players in Jan, most of which I will then ship out 6 months later".

why can’t Parker try and coach them better, that’s what we pay him for

Restart the training ground project and spend modestly by the looks of it. You got a problem with that?

Not a problem with that, no. Training ground is 15m and we are guaranteed well over 200m so would expect more to be spent before Thurs and assume it will.

If your plan is to recruit sensibly and invest modestly then we have no active background in doing this as our scatter gun approach to last years signings proved. Dembele a good case in point, 26 never played in PL clearly judged as not able to. We’d have been better off signing a Bowler. Just as we didn’t go for Toney when we had the opportunity. Tavernier is a good signing that fits that example but that’s it.

Bring in 21 year olds deemed ready to grow into the PL and have a coach who is proven to develop young talent rather than one that is proven to sound off at boards when he doesn’t get huge amounts of cash for finished articles. Then if you fail you go again the following year with more experience.

All the different approaches have a sound logic. As does the one you articulate. You have to have a strategy of signings and the manager that match your strategy, be that spend big on megastars, spend medium on experience or spend little on potential. We don’t sign the right players or have the right manager (or d***head as you call him) to fit the strategy you describe. That’s what I keep trying to say… and where does strategic direction in an organisation come from?

Do you think the correct players and manager are in place for the strategy you describe?

;