Recruitment war- Parker vs Demin

Gladly pay you if you want to meet
That’s great.
I must admit I can’t recall what amount or who you owe it too. But I know it received a lot of stick.
I’ll be in the QP for the Wolves game from around 6pm in what would have been the public bar.
Just ask for Boris, John, Mup or Angry.
Sorry I have few nicknames. I’ll pass the funds on to whoever is owed.
Can you update please.

If we finish bottom and are feature the least amount of times the contract allows by Sky (which we will be), then we should be getting about £100m in tv money this season.

Add to that ticket, sponsorship, shop and any other income the club can make. We're probably looking at £110-115m for this season (at a guess, can't be bothered to go check the old accounts).

The wage bill is going to be £60m+, based on what went before.

£15m for the training ground.

Then there will be the transfer liabilities due from last season and from our last season in the PL (Stacey, Kelly and Billing). This also raises an interesting question about our approach.

We got burned by the last relegation and do the club want take the same approach and just assume we'll have the PL income available for the length of the player contracts or do they want to put money aside for those payments from this year when they know they have the money?

Given the likelihood of relegation, the sensible thing to do would be the latter even if it curtails our spending opportunities this season. Given the more pragmatic approach, that wouldn't be a surprise to see. No idea if that's what we'll do.

In that scenario, allowing for the purchases already made this window, we're already close to spending the season's income.

If the strategy is to be a yo-yo club then more spending power in the Championship is more valuable than one extra player in the PL so doing that makes sense.

Meanwhile, the £200m is split over multiple seasons and the lionshare will be needed to cover wages this season and the following ones if/when we go down.

I still think they'll be at least one arrival before the window closes but don't think burning through £50m would do us much good long term. I know you weren't advocating a large outlay, but just pointing out that there isn't actually a huge amount of wiggle room in that number, unless we manage to make a big sale if/when we go down.

I do remember the wage bill being scary when we were in the prem last, hope it's a chunk smaller this time. Wilson, Ake, Bego weren't cheap though we still need contracts for Anthony, Zemura and Lerma which might not be cheap :/

No issues with us not going mad, thought the signings we made were astute until Parker decided they weren't good enough, hoping they can change his mind! I can see either a defender coming in, or a reasonably priced youngster as atm we're around the 25 man squad limit and with Stan and Brooks both taking places we might need with outgoings or a youngster to come in.

Just ask for Boris, John, Mup or Angry.
Can you update please.
And don’t be surprised when four people turn up. One of whom is posh with mad hair, one of whom is a car salesman for Peugeot and one of whom has Hate tattooed on his knuckles and a snarly face. Mup… I can’t help you with.

And don’t be surprised when four people turn up. One of whom is posh with mad hair, one of whom is a car salesman for Peugeot and one of whom has Hate tattooed on his knuckles and a snarly face. Mup… I can’t help you with.
Mup, could be short for Muppet from Batchelor Rd. But, the last I heard he joined the RAF and got stationed in Scotland.

Yep Neil multiple personalities. Lol
Which will I be?

Istabraq walking into the QP to settle his bet...did wazzy waz waz / KK ever settle his ?

the-simpsons-enter.gif

;