Richard Hughes

I think the set up at DC ...is somewhat of a mess.

The owner needs to get everyone on the staff ...on the same page....and the Manager HAS TO be part of the Recruiting process...leading it preferably....you know THAT is of paramount importance...otherwise the pancake ain't in the pan...and nothing gets fried.
You know that guys...you know what I mean..I feel sorry for anyone that don't .

All these modern half - @rsed new - fangled arrangements of staff are basically full of crap Batman !

I think the set up at DC ...is somewhat of a mess.

The owner needs to get everyone on the staff ...on the same page....and the Manager HAS TO be part of the Recruiting process...leading it preferably....you know THAT is of paramount importance...otherwise the pancake ain't in the pan...and nothing gets fried.
You know that guys...you know what I mean..I feel sorry for anyone that don't .

All these modern half - @rsed new - fangled arrangements of staff are basically full of crap Batman !
What absolute twaddle. You know absolutely nothing about how the club is run/managed.

On Saturday...they can all have a pow-wow up at St James...and sort out some sh*t..organise a swap of a few players and staff for next season....for the benefit of both clubs.

According to today’s Athletic, Dan Ashworth has informed Newcastle of United’s approach. It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out. Will this possibly herald Hughes departure? Will Francis stay, be promoted (unlikely I should think) or follow Hughes?
The website that had the original Hughes story.

Dan Ashworth’s unhappiness at Newcastle United is behind his imminent move to Man United to become their new football director, sources have told Football Insider.

Sources with knowledge of Newcastle’s situation hves told Football Insider that the transfer guru feels there are “too many voices” involved with recruitment at St James’ Park.

The 52-year-old believes Newcastle manager Eddie Howe and other staff have more input than he bargained for when taking the job back in May 2022.

Sources also say Ashworth feels he has been unable to make the transfers he wants.

If we take that at face value as near the truth. If Ashworth went to Newcastle not aware of the fact Eddie would have input into transfers, then he’s shown himself to be lacking due diligence or research before taking a job on.

According to The Sunday Times, Newcastle have placed Dan Ashworth on 20 months gardening leave following Jim Ratcliffe’s approach, and are demanding a fee £15m if United want him earlier. Apparently an unprecedented figure for a Director of Football.

I hope Bill has seen this and holds out in the event that Newcastle approach Hughes.

When has istabraq ever been right?

He was right that Jack Byrne is a world beater (although you might agree that he's better than Cook!)

All a load of bloody nonsense...

A Manager manages ALL Ideally.... the transfers and the training/ picking of teams.
Makes ff√cking sense you buy players that you know you can bloody well work with and that fit your system and ideas !
Too many people involved in a chain of operation will lead to confusion and bad outcomes.
There ya go...take it or leave it..but seems like a basically sound logic to me...and to probably the majority of straight thinking dudes !

According to The Sunday Times, Newcastle have placed Dan Ashworth on 20 months gardening leave following Jim Ratcliffe’s approach, and are demanding a fee £15m if United want him earlier. Apparently an unprecedented figure for a Director of Football.

I hope Bill has seen this and holds out in the event that Newcastle approach Hughes.
2 for the price of 1 chuck in Blake for free.

So it will be a ‘bidding’ war for the services of Hughes, between Liverpool and Newcastle United and any other clubs he was supposed to have been joining. ;)

Seems on the 19th February 2024, Richard Hughes is still in his job at Dean Court.

So it will be a ‘bidding’ war for the services of Hughes, between Liverpool and Newcastle United and any other clubs he was supposed to have been joining. ;)

Seems on the 19th February 2024, Richard Hughes is still in his job at Dean Court.
Liverpool, Newcastle, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Paris St Germain all in the bun fight for the man who spent 100m on Dango, Traore, Adams and Faivre I believe…

All a load of bloody nonsense...

A Manager manages ALL Ideally.... the transfers and the training/ picking of teams.
Makes ff√cking sense you buy players that you know you can bloody well work with and that fit your system and ideas !
Too many people involved in a chain of operation will lead to confusion and bad outcomes.
There ya go...take it or leave it..but seems like a basically sound logic to me...and to probably the majority of straight thinking dudes !
Really? Given the role of manager and, separately, the role of director of football are undeniably full time roles because of the sheer amount of work involved, your (I’m sure well intentioned but naive) suggestion wouldn’t actually work in practice.

Really? Given the role of manager and, separately, the role of director of football are undeniably full time roles because of the sheer amount of work involved, your (I’m sure well intentioned but naive) suggestion wouldn’t actually work in practice.
Clough or Redknapp.. examples .. anyone with the character and guile to show a f√cking owner what is achievable.
Get Real. ..and get our National Game back on track ..normality...enough of this MONEY CRAP !

We have folk sleeping in f√cking shop doorways mate....a stones throws from Dean Court and even more near St James Park.

Last edited:

;