Rodrigo Riquelme

Rantie's showreel was great...fat lot of good it did us !
Rantie made his debut at home against Barnsley, coming on as a second half substitute with the game drifting to a 0-0 draw. He lifted the crowd with a burst of speed into the box before shooting just wide. From there we went on to win 1-0 and I think it is fair to say that Rantie's appearance gained us the 2 extra points on the night. His cracking goal at Burnley also saved Boscombe from defeat.

That was it Ian Woan would have been a hell of a signing at the time.

Don't recall the Norwich incident dj

Well i'm down memory lane, who recalls the signing of the "Northern youth level human goal scoring machine" can remember the massive anticipation felt at the headlines took a while for the player to shine who went on to be a club legend minus the goal scoring machine ;)

Willy Huck our first dabble at continental players , known for that 1st appearance and explosive run towards the old south end on the left wing, never to be seen again for the rest of his playing days here. "We've got a diamond here, that soon turned to the realisation it was glass"
That was it Ian Woan would have been a hell of a signing at the time.

Don't recall the Norwich incident dj

Well i'm down memory lane, who recalls the signing of the "Northern youth level human goal scoring machine" can remember the massive anticipation felt at the headlines took a while for the player to shine who went on to be a club legend minus the goal scoring machine ;)

Willy Huck our first dabble at continental players , known for that 1st appearance and explosive run towards the old south end on the left wing, never to be seen again for the rest of his playing days here. "We've got a diamond here, that soon turned to the realisation it was glass"

I remember when he came on as sub no one would pass to him and he seemed isolated ...
Have heard that he was a cocky so and so who thought he was far better than everyone else - hence why nobody passed to him !
Not sure how true that was but I’ve heard it from a few people...

Think the lad should be given a fair crack of the whip before any knives come out.

He has come from Atletico Madrid reserve side and needs to settle into our Championship football.

Would have thought JT would wait before he gives him his debut, until he has had a few training sessions with the others and get to know them and how we play.

One thing in his favour he hasn’t got a hefty transfer fee on his shoulders like Ibe and Solanke had.

Interesting piece on the player.

Ruiz, however, is sure that Riquelme will only reach his full potential if he is allowed to embrace his superb turn of pace and be played on the left-hand side, telling Goal: "In my view, he is a ‘trequartista’, either on the right, left or in the centre, but always behind the strikers.

"I have had conversations with national selectors and I told them that what I think is best is that he plays from the wing. In this way, his diagonal runs, preferably from the left, end in him shooting or passing to a team-mate.

"His change of pace is brutal and is something that could differentiate him with others in his age group. He has speed, change of pace and ability to overpower an opponent in one-on-one situations. On the right wing, he can do it but he will lose a little. The left is his best position.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/rod...ready-to-step-into-/dqonhs6eqrif1x99iyggqlscy

Interesting piece on the player.

Ruiz, however, is sure that Riquelme will only reach his full potential if he is allowed to embrace his superb turn of pace and be played on the left-hand side, telling Goal: "In my view, he is a ‘trequartista’, either on the right, left or in the centre, but always behind the strikers.

"I have had conversations with national selectors and I told them that what I think is best is that he plays from the wing. In this way, his diagonal runs, preferably from the left, end in him shooting or passing to a team-mate.

"His change of pace is brutal and is something that could differentiate him with others in his age group. He has speed, change of pace and ability to overpower an opponent in one-on-one situations. On the right wing, he can do it but he will lose a little. The left is his best position.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/rod...ready-to-step-into-/dqonhs6eqrif1x99iyggqlscy

Be interesting to see how he will fit in with Danjuma as it seems they prefer similar positions. Sure Danjuma can play through the middle but probably not as a no. 9

I guess if we wanted to play a 4-2-3-1 we could go with a three of Riquelme, Danjuma and Brooks from left to right behind Solanke.

Good to have options though!

why do i think we're in for underwhelming news ?

Much like Willo and his cant say at the moment...

We've a new tea lady...... sorry person....

Did Kris say Rodders had been at the Vitality or JT, cause if JT said it that means he's our player if going by his first response of not talking about players that aren't his ;)

I would say Kris said it as JT won’t discuss a player from another club which is the correct way to do things.

JT says hope to have a signing soon without any names mentioned.

;