Rodrigo Riquelme

That was it Ian Woan would have been a hell of a signing at the time.

Don't recall the Norwich incident dj

Well i'm down memory lane, who recalls the signing of the "Northern youth level human goal scoring machine" can remember the massive anticipation felt at the headlines took a while for the player to shine who went on to be a club legend minus the goal scoring machine ;)

Willy Huck our first dabble at continental players , known for that 1st appearance and explosive run towards the old south end on the left wing, never to be seen again for the rest of his playing days here. "We've got a diamond here, that soon turned to the realisation it was glass"

Also Michael Menetrier

Watched the helpfully posted highlight reel. Did a fair bit of dribbling into the defenders legs and barely keeping hold of the ball to my eyes. Something of the Ibe about him.

Hope I'm wrong obvs.

Watched the helpfully posted highlight reel. Did a fair bit of dribbling into the defenders legs and barely keeping hold of the ball to my eyes. Something of the Ibe about him.

Hope I'm wrong obvs.
Agreed. I'm not totally convinced by what I saw. I certainly don't think he will be a prolific goal scorer, I see him more as a provider of opportunities for others.
Whether or not he is the type of player who is happy to do that remains to be seen of course. If he plays with his head up and always looking for a pass then he could be a decent player. If not, we could indeed end up with something akin to an Ibe v2.0
:eek:
Obviously I hope he has enough football intelligence about him to use his talents in the right way and most importantly is willing to learn in his time with us.

Last edited:
I love to see who'll be the first to write off a new signing. Even better if its done before they actually sign!
Well IF he does sign for us ( who knows, maybe Reading have discovered a further packet of HobNobs in the chairman's cupboard and can revive the deal ? ) we obviously can't expect a loanee to be the finished article. He has potential so we can only hope that he comes here prepared to work hard and willing to learn the way we want him to play. If that happens, all good. If not, then we'll have him as an option from the bench before we send him back to Spain at the earliest opportunity.

Does anyone know by when he need to sign to be eligible for Friday? Assuming it goes through of course.

In case Junior and Brooks aren't available it'd be good to have another attacking option even if he hasn't trained much with us.

;