Safe standing

I’m so glad we moved, great view of the pitch, I can actually see both corners, which I couldn’t in the North Stand. Great atmosphere,lots of singing and a drummer and the best bit….. loads of room!, lots of fellow movers around us as well.
Where have you moved too ?

I’m so glad we moved, great view of the pitch, I can actually see both corners, which I couldn’t in the North Stand. Great atmosphere,lots of singing and a drummer and the best bit….. loads of room!, lots of fellow movers around us as well.
Glad to hear that.

I'm hoping what is being acheived is "A great leveling up"

When we all moved to DC2 nobody really knew what the dynamics of the ground would be and sort of went down the route of "I think I want to sit there"

In my case it turned out I was about 10 rows too far forward.

I was lucky enough to move a few seasons ago.

Maybe after the success of this standing project the club could organise another larger game of musical chairs to encompass the rest of the ground in the close season.

From where I sit in the North Stand (Row G) it seemed to take more time for people to get to the back of the stand, and moving out at half time/full time - probably just teething troubles.

I also thought that there was far more noise from the stand as a whole as a result of the back all being stood up

The bit I don’t get with any of this, on a side note, is what was unsafe about the way people stood by their seats before. Were there loads of injuries happening? Anybody lost a relative to a last minute winner v Charlton?

Ive stood at hundreds of away games in wild scenes at times and never seen anyone injured or even suffered a mild graze. Contrast this to the 80’s and terrace surges where people got trampled, flattened and ended up miles away from where they started.

Why do we actually need to be told how to stand safely? The modern world is so smothering.

The bit I don’t get with any of this, on a side note, is what was unsafe about the way people stood by their seats before. Were there loads of injuries happening? Anybody lost a relative to a last minute winner v Charlton?

Ive stood at hundreds of away games in wild scenes at times and never seen anyone injured or even suffered a mild graze. Contrast this to the 80’s and terrace surges where people got trampled, flattened and ended up miles away from where they started.

Why do we actually need to be told how to stand safely? The modern world is so smothering.
I don't want to be all "nanny state" but from a health and safety viewpoint it would only take one trip up (more so in very steep high tiers, which I know our ground doesn't have) and the consequences can be easily imagined. Yes I admit it's not too much of an issue in our stands as they are relatively shallow but you can imagine what could happen, in say that upper tier at Newcastle. There have been enough disasters at football grounds around the world that having a simple bar to lean is not really a problem in the scheme of things

I don't disagree with anything you have said Neil, but I have seen an admittedly rather drunk fan fall over from row H in the North stand, fall across fans in Row G and land on the unfortunate young lady in row F.

He was unscathed, and couldn't understand why the young lady was so angry!

Being too young to be impacted emotionally by all the disasters that preceded the all seated mandate I've always felt a bit like you. I mentioned it on another thread a while ago and got some good replies.

I couldn't find the thread unfortunately but I did find this gem
1708943284110.png

I'm proud to report I'm not in a wheelchair yet and this isn't an invitation to put me in one.

;