Safe standing

Got to say, with all those standers down the other end of the stand seated, I've never felt safer*

* This post has been checked and has been found to contain traces of sarcasm : )
It is to stop the stand tipping to one side and spoiling the camera angles for the Sky Camera at the back.

If, as forecast, it is tipping down this evening we will be standing in torrential rain waiting to be ineffectively searched. We will be soaked as umbrellas are the new weapons. I'd say that the standing would not be safe.

Brilliantly spotted a steward shouting and gesturing to someone to sit down, glanced over in that direction and everyone was sat down other than one person who had started walking down the steps… I might have actually missed someone persistent standing in those fleeting seconds, I guess.

Brilliantly spotted a steward shouting and gesturing to someone to sit down, glanced over in that direction and everyone was sat down other than one person who had started walking down the steps… I might have actually missed someone persistent standing in those fleeting seconds, I guess.

You must have missed the memo.

T&C's dictate that you now need to crawl on all 4's to your seat.

The Stasi excelled themselves last night if that was even possible. The new focus was on the Ted Mac and the few pesky people in the back row who stand and put both themselves and everyone at risk by doing so.:wagging:

Armed with notebooks, the head steward and the fat guy with the beaky nose (who I think is a permanent employee) spent the whole game 'spotting' standers, writing stuff down, swapping notes and pointing. Fat controller guy then sends head steward up to 'ave a word' . People sit down. Steward goes back down to the fat controller, they look up and they've stood back up haha - more note taking. The fat controller is looking incredulous with rage, tutting and much shaking of heads. The head steward just looks pissed off.

When it was obvious that this was becoming a sick game of sit down stand up head steward then gave instructions to the minion steward (lowest of the low - Uni type kids) to walk up and down the stairs as they do but at the top instruct people to sit (hand motion) pointing in particular to two repeat offenders behind me both aged about 13 who thought the whole thing was hilarious. The look of horror on this poor kids face as he shuffled up the stairs, anyway he simply couldn't do it, just bottled it completely.

More e mails incoming.

Thank god for safe standing last night. Having got wet getting to the pub and ground the last thing I would have wanted was to sit down in cold damp clothing and start freezing up. At least standing I could move a bit and dry out easily. As for the stewarding don't get me started - the usual pathetic half time blocking of the steps as people go up or down back to their seat. The stewards were getting moved left and right from front and behind while trying to pretend they were doing an important job. Felt a bit sorry for them as they clearly think it is a stupid task.

I think you should have to submit a written request first.

Knobs.
You should read the Supporter Liaison Officer Update April 2024 on COWS. Apparently, "Risk to supporters is generated by those standing in seated areas where there are no measures in place to prevent a progressive crowd collapse". It's worrying stuff..

Who is behind this overly officious stewarding? Is it Jim F or an over-officious head steward?

We know you read this site Jim and you obviously know we're not stupid and are fully aware of how all of the other home ends are dealt with across England. They are regulated by the same people and they don't do this. If it is an overzealous head steward then he needs to be told to treat people better. If it's down to you Jim then we can only conclude you want to piss people off.

;