Sam Surridge

I wouldnt start Sam against a Brentford but he'd give us something we otherwise lack against a Luton or Millwall. You can't always out-football every side with the fancy players. Horses for courses. I get that JT is being cautious in bringing Sam on gradually, but I hope to see him more often soon.

He is not quite ready to dislodge the likes of Solanke or Stanislas yet as a starter IMO ....his time will surely come (prob when Stan gets his annual injuries)

I think its simple. JT sees Dom as his #1 striker. He’s done nothing wrong, his hold up play has been fantastic, he has a good number of assists and is scoring goals that are winning points.

I’m trying to remember who Sam has scored against and what impact it had on the game? Genuine question.

Looking at the stats I’ve just googled, Sam has played about a third of the minutes Dom has. Dom 8 goals, 4 assists (thought it was higher), Sam 3 Goals, 0 assists. Dom 26 shots on target, Sam 6, Dom 9 offsides, Sam 5 offsides, Dom 74% pass completion ratio, Sam 69%

Now, without relying on stats alone, this doesn’t shout out we need a change. As Another poster said, at the moment, if you are playing with a three, which includes. Stan & Brooks, where do you fit in Sam? Certainly not at the expense of your top scorer.

I suspect that Dom is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment, his performances this year warrant that.
I’m not in any way suggesting that he should start ahead of Dom. Play them both!

I like Surridge but I think Dom is undroppable at the moment, so that likely means taking off Brooks or Stan (or Danjuma when he's back).
Not saying it can't happen, but comparing him with Solanke isn't really relevant unless Dom starts getting exhausted and his performance levels drop (which TBF may have happened on Saturday).

I like Surridge but I think Dom is undroppable at the moment, so that likely means taking off Brooks or Stan (or Danjuma when he's back).
Not saying it can't happen, but comparing him with Solanke isn't really relevant unless Dom starts getting exhausted and his performance levels drop (which TBF may have happened on Saturday).

I wouldn't say any of our players are undroppable. Prior to his injury, a high % of our goals were coming through Danjuma. People at the time would have said he was undroppable and yet here we are getting points and scoring goals without him.

We have a fantastic squad which is the envy of the division, full of different options. I understand when you want to keep momentum going but you have to be realistic about players' energy levels and the number of games they have been playing. And when everyone can see on the pitch that players are struggling, we shouldn't be afraid to dip into that squad, even earlier in the game if needed. We even have an increased number of substitutes available to us this season to allow for this.

I wouldn't say any of our players are undroppable. Prior to his injury, a high % of our goals were coming through Danjuma. People at the time would have said he was undroppable and yet here we are getting points and scoring goals without him.

We have a fantastic squad which is the envy of the division, full of different options. I understand when you want to keep momentum going but you have to be realistic about players' energy levels and the number of games they have been playing. And when everyone can see on the pitch that players are struggling, we shouldn't be afraid to dip into that squad, even earlier in the game if needed. We even have an increased number of substitutes available to us this season to allow for this.

Dont disagree about anyone being undroppable but I think Danjuma was keeping his place in the side because of his goals. His all round play wasn't all that great. Could say the same about Brooks in his last 3 or 4 games too.

Dont disagree about anyone being undroppable but I think Danjuma was keeping his place in the side because of his goals. His all round play wasn't all that great. Could say the same about Brooks in his last 3 or 4 games too.

Yeah or Stanislas. I think all the attacking players offer us something different and are better when fresh, so when the fixtures are coming thick and fast why not give occasional starts to the likes of Riquelme, Anthony, Ofoborh, Kilkenny etc.

And the 5 subs rule gives us the perfect opportunity to try this because you can always revert to plan A.

Yeah or Stanislas. I think all the attacking players offer us something different and are better when fresh, so when the fixtures are coming thick and fast why not give occasional starts to the likes of Riquelme, Anthony, Ofoborh, Kilkenny etc.

And the 5 subs rule gives us the perfect opportunity to try this because you can always revert to plan A.

I was very anti the 5 subs rule in the PL as it seems to be another way of ensuring the rich get richer. I have to say though in this league it does seem to have the effect of letting youngsters get more game time. Can only be a good thing.

;