Saudi League

Think Neves was a decent signing though and Henderson was still valuable for liverpool

Neves for sure doesn't fit the description of an "old veteran" and potentially could improve further still but Wolves wanted/needed to sell. As Neil says a perceived breakthrough but yet to pave the way for others of similar attributes.

Liverpool were struggling athletically in the middle of the park and they only received £12M for Henderson. Liverpool could easily have turned down the cash and kept him for another year but instead they've got money from someone they would let go on a free in a year to spend on a replacement.

Neymar off to the Saudi league then. PSG getting £86m as a transfer fee. Neymar himself getting a £129m a year for two years contract.

This is the same club who wanted Mbappe but got turned down, so they've got Neymar instead!

Most predictable transfer of the summer ?!

SSN

The Saudi Arabian Football Federation is in advanced talks with Roberto Mancini to become their new national team manager.

The former Man City boss has been number one on their list of targets.

Mancini resigned as Italy head coach on Sunday.

Neves for sure doesn't fit the description of an "old veteran" and potentially could improve further still but Wolves wanted/needed to sell. As Neil says a perceived breakthrough but yet to pave the way for others of similar attributes.

Liverpool were struggling athletically in the middle of the park and they only received £12M for Henderson. Liverpool could easily have turned down the cash and kept him for another year but instead they've got money from someone they would let go on a free in a year to spend on a replacement.
Take your point but feel it suited both clubs to allow the deal as both need the cash. Maybe would have blocked the deals if that wasn’t the case - as Fulham did for a 29 year old player

I find it quite amusing the PL ( best league in the world ), of all people crying about a new league sucking up all the talent .
Not heard anyone in the pl crying about the Saudi league paying good money for casts off. It is absolutely no rival to the prem and the best players won’t go there till the end of their careers.

Selling their souls for the almighty dollar.Pathetic.
I don’t know I think most people would leave for another job if it pays more and to the players it’s a job. To us fans our club can be an extension of us but not for the players. Most of the players going are getting towards the end of their careers or are not wanted

Last edited:
I don’t know I think most people would leave for another job if it pays more and to the players it’s a job. To us fans our club can be an extension of us but not for the players. Most of the players going are getting towards the end of their careers or are not wanted
Well yeah at the end of the day, they are doing what's best for them and their families long term financial security I get that and I understand they are not getting a Saudi Arabia tattoo on their faces haha; just my own personal take I could never do something like that regardless of the money they are making over there.

I mean can't party, wives can't go out in public without being covered up, etc; just not worth it to me.

But is what it is, not gonna stop anytime soon.

Well yeah at the end of the day, they are doing what's best for them and their families long term financial security I get that and I understand they are not getting a Saudi Arabia tattoo on their faces haha; just my own personal take I could never do something like that regardless of the money they are making over there.

I mean can't party, wives can't go out in public without being covered up, etc; just not worth it to me.

A good friend of mine has been working out there for a couple of years and recently got engaged to a very nice Saudi girl - not sure on how much of a logistical /cultural challenge that has been. I think there’s some very nice weekend retreats that enjoy a slightly more liberal setting though, so suspect the influx of western footballers may increase that option further.

It's an odd argument, because if I said I'd give you $100m to not go outside your house for 2 years, you'd almost certainly do it. That's all they have to do if they don't like it.

Fact is they can just fly anywhere, go to Dubai every week. Their Family could live in Dubai or Bahrain an hour or so flight away, or even in the Zanzibar/Maldives aren't that far away.

;