Scott Parker

Actually you're not correct in saying that.....i said at the start of the season that we would do very well under Parker but we wouldn't enjoy watching it.....i've predicted us to get promoted all season.....
Fine, so are you happy ? Would you rather we had taken a more risky or in your view more "entertaining" approach and possibly ended up in the play offs. Would you get rid of Parker ?
I have enjoyed watching it by the way.

Fine, so are you happy ? Would you rather we had taken a more risky or in your view more "entertaining" approach and possibly ended up in the play offs. Would you get rid of Parker ?
I have enjoyed watching it by the way.
That's not the only two options though is it?......why couldn't we have played a more attacking brand of football and still gone up?.....honestly this isn't a massive achievement....Us and Fulham have only done what we should have.....there are four parachute teams in the league and two have gone up with one more in the play offs.....it was the same last season and it will be no different next season.

That's not the only two options though is it?......why couldn't we have played a more attacking brand of football and still gone up?.....honestly this isn't a massive achievement....Us and Fulham have only done what we should have.....there are four parachute teams in the league and two have gone up with one more in the play offs.....it was the same last season and it will be no different next season.
We will never know whether a more attacking approach would have worked out better, I am more than happy with what I saw, happy with the goals we scored and happy with our tighter defending. I think it is a huge achievement for a small club like AFCB with a new manager in charge and transitioning between the old PL team and a new young team. If you think we have underachieved well thats your opinion but I don't think many share it.
The parachute payments are what they are and it is a totally different subject to our style of play. Of course they financially skew things in relegated teams favour but in the Championship we currently have Derby, Reading, Cardiff, Swansea, Hull, Stoke, QPR, WBA, M'boro, Hudds, Sheff Utd that are currently or have previously been in receipt of parachute payments. They didn't guarantee them automatic promotion back up.
Then in League 1 we have Wigan, Portsmouth, and Sunderland that also got parachute payments. hasn't done much for them either.

We will never know whether a more attacking approach would have worked out better, I am more than happy with what I saw, happy with the goals we scored and happy with our tighter defending. I think it is a huge achievement for a small club like AFCB with a new manager in charge and transitioning between the old PL team and a new young team. If you think we have underachieved well thats your opinion but I don't think many share it.
The parachute payments are what they are and it is a totally different subject to our style of play. Of course they financially skew things in relegated teams favour but in the Championship we currently have Derby, Reading, Cardiff, Swansea, Hull, Stoke, QPR, WBA, M'boro, Hudds, Sheff Utd that are currently or have previously been in receipt of parachute payments. They didn't guarantee them automatic promotion back up.
Then in League 1 we have Wigan, Portsmouth, and Sunderland that also got parachute payments. hasn't done much for them either.
6 of the last 8 promoted teams have been in receipt of parachute payments...Promotion is a 1 in two chance at worst for any team that have them.....there really isn't any argument to be had on that score.......if Luton get promoted it would be a massive achievement that absolutely dwarfs anything us and Fulham have achieved.

6 of the last 8 promoted teams have been in receipt of parachute payments...Promotion is a 1 in two chance at worst for any team that have them.....there really isn't any argument to be had on that score.......if Luton get promoted it would be a massive achievement that absolutely dwarfs anything us and Fulham have achieved.

Relegated teams are more likely to get promoted because they have better players. Look at league one. No parachute payments yet the same story with recently relegated teams being promoted and in the playoffs.

Relegated teams are more likely to get promoted because they have better players. Look at league one. No parachute payments yet the same story with recently relegated teams being promoted and in the playoffs.
i'm not really sure what point you are trying to make.....a championship club dropping into l1 isn't going to have the same wage bill problem that a relegated PL club has.....the only reason we have been able to keep our better players is because if the parachute money......the only reason we have been able to bring in the likes of Moore and Christie is because of parachute payments.....i mean we're playing teams who's entire yearly playing budget is less than the loan fee we paid for Nat Phillips!

i'm not really sure what point you are trying to make.....a championship club dropping into l1 isn't going to have the same wage bill problem that a relegated PL club has.....the only reason we have been able to keep our better players is because if the parachute money......the only reason we have been able to bring in the likes of Moore and Christie is because of parachute payments.....i mean we're playing teams who's entire yearly playing budget is less than the loan fee we paid for Nat Phillips!

The point I'm making is that relegated teams have always been more likely to get promoted. Parachute payments is a symptom of the discrepancy in wages between the top two divisions but it isn't the reason relegated teams are more likely to get promoted.

Parker is God this Week ! I mean ..f√ck me how can he not be !

But TopFarrier has made some interesting points.

The Parachute payments are an Unfair Farce....and if we come down again....I don't want the f√ckers!

I wanna see us prosper from home - grown British players....from the youth projects.

An increasing amount of Folk in this land are cash- strapped...unable to feed their kids !

The point I'm making is that relegated teams have always been more likely to get promoted. Parachute payments is a symptom of the discrepancy in wages between the top two divisions but it isn't the reason relegated teams are more likely to get promoted.
lol this is incredible....do you seriously think we would have those better players without Par;chute payments taking care of their wages?

Parker is God this Week ! I mean ..f√ck me how can he not be !

But TopFarrier has made some interesting points.

The Parachute payments are an Unfair Farce....and if we come down again....I don't want the f√ckers!

I wanna see us prosper from home - grown British players....from the youth projects.

Folk in this land are cash- strapped...unable to feed their kids !
Why are you having a go at football? Why not the obscene profits of the energy companies, or the ones that made millions from the Pandemic?

So which of our current team do you not like because they're not British?

Why are you having a go at football? Why not the obscene profits of the energy companies, or the ones that made millions from the Pandemic?

So which of our current team do you not like because they're not British?

I haven't made any reference to not liking any players for not being British..its not a personal thing against any individual. ....although I wasn't impressed with Pearson screaming and shouting like a village Idiot in the dressingroom aftermath on Tuesday...he has virtually done nothing all season while earning mega- thousands a week!
I've made comments on other threads about politics....about Elite people in positions of Power etc....and the unfair balance in Society!
Oh I really don't know about this bloody Forum...it can be Fun at times but certain of us just don't fit do we ?
Its like 1 car in a car- park surrounded by 20 ticket wardens. Ridiculous,

I haven't made any reference to not liking any players for not being British..its not a personal thing against any individual. ....although I wasn't impressed with Pearson screaming and shouting like a village Idiot in the dressingroom aftermath on Tuesday...he has virtually done nothing all season while earning mega- thousands a week!
I've made comments on other threads about politics....about Elite people in positions of Power etc....and the unfair balance in Society!
Oh I really don't know about this bloody Forum...it can be Fun at times but certain of us just don't fit do we ?
Oh bless. Come on, you can handle it! I should think everyone has or is getting stick for something or other on here. Its a place for arguing!

lol this is incredible....do you seriously think we would have those better players without Par;chute payments taking care of their wages?

I'm saying you've got it the wrong way around. The reason relegated teams are more likely to go up is because they have better players. In any league, in any period in history.

Whether parachute payments are right or not they are not the reason relegated teams have better players. They could be removed of course but all relegated clubs would go bust. That wouldn't stop relagated teams having better players though.

I'm saying you've got it the wrong way around. The reason relegated teams are more likely to go up is because they have better players. In any league, in any period in history.

Whether parachute payments are right or not they are not the reason relegated teams have better players. They could be removed of course but all relegated clubs would go bust. That wouldn't stop relagated teams having better players though.
No Derek....forget any other league ....the ONLY reason we can play the likes of Solanke...Lerma ....Kelly and Billing is because of parachute payments......without parachute payments they wouldn't be playing for us in the championship.....so without parachute payments we wouldn't have better players than the rest of the league.......hth.

No Derek....forget any other league ....the ONLY reason we can play the likes of Solanke...Lerma ....Kelly and Billing is because of parachute payments......without parachute payments they wouldn't be playing for us in the championship.....so without parachute payments we wouldn't have better players than the rest of the league.......hth.
Without parachute payments teams wouldn't have been able to get these players in to play for them in the Premier League in the first place. Promoted teams wouldn't be able to compete AT ALL. Or else dodgy owners would take the risk and lots of the teams would go bust. That's why they are needed.

;