Scott Parker

How was it exciting to watch?.....only scored 9 goals at home and a paltry 27 in total.......playing 5 at the back with no recognised striker didn't help in that regard either............
They had a 2 month period when they did look pretty good .
That 2 month period was better than any of the 12 months worth of dross we had in the final year .

It’s a weird one. Fulham fans seem to hate him, yet he seems very highly regarded in the world of football. At least it demonstrates an ambition to have a go again next season. Regardless of what Fulham fans think of him, I highly doubt he’d come here unless he was convinced we could compete at the top end of the league (unless he fancies committing career suicide.)
All of these ex players turned managers have ex player turned pundit mates to peddle positive spin .......its how the media works isn't it?......take the Alex Ferguson quotes for instance.....he's asked what he thinks about British managers in an interview and he says something like 'I think such and such has done quite well' despite the fact that he barely watched any of their games.....that is then reported as 'ALEX FERGUSON RATES (insert name) HIGHLY......Its all agent driven media bolox.......i'd rather listen to the poor sods who had to watch Fulham last season tbh.

Lol i can't believe that anyone would still fall for the 'Alex Ferguson British manager' quote's....the poor bloke gets asked the same question in every interview.
You don't need the opinion of Football hacks either just look at the facts......27 goals all season and a liking for playing 3 at the back....does that sound exciting?

And yes absolute dross .....the fact that you could only mention a few expensive loan signings says it all.

It's called having an imagination........watching a young manager winning league 1 playing free flowing attacking football and then having the courage to play the same way in the Championship despite having no home ground and one of the smallest budgets in the division.....watching that manager easily keep his team up whilst giving more expensively assembled teams some absolute hidings......watching that manager work wonders in the transfer market signing players like Gustavo Hamer for 1 million!..........yeah i'd rather watch what a manager like that could do with our squad than one who got a team with the biggest budget in the league up though the play off's before stinking the PL out at the first attempt.
Is he young, he was manager of Rotherham when we had-27, he's 51 which is not young, and as for Hamer, that's the guy sent off against us

@Topfarrier your opinion of dull, unattractive football contradicts a lot of reports from pl football correspondents who praised Scott Parker for the opposite of that? so have they imagined it

even sir Alex Ferguson rates Parker highly - ever considered that being in a relegation battle with players looking elsewhere for summer moves might have had an impact on how attractive their football was towards the end of the season

and fortunes on absolute dross?

lookman, loftus-cheek, josh maja, anderson??

In the Athletic it said Parker was widely praised for keeping to his ideals and playing attractive football.

Now I always thought that was what our fans wanted.

There has been criticism of our board, but there must be a reason they have been interested in him for a while now.

Last time I looked on the Woodgate or Parker thread, Parker was well ahead.

Our fans won’t be happy whoever gets the job unless it’s Eddie.

Robins has done a good job with Coventry, no doubt about that. But that follows a sacking at Scunthorpe having left them near the bottom of the league and a sacking at Huddersfield after we beat them 4-0 on the opening day. He also had a pretty poor spell at Barnsley that resulted in his departure. I don’t see how he could be perceived as a better option to Parker.

That 2 month period was better than any of the 12 months worth of dross we had in the final year .
Oh we were bad no doubt......but as bad as we were we still scored 40 goals and went down by a single point..........Fulham went down by 11 points and scored 9 goals at home all season!.....thats different level dross tbf.

Oh we were bad no doubt......but as bad as we were we still scored 40 goals and went down by a single point..........Fulham went down by 11 points and scored 9 goals at home all season!.....thats different level dross tbf.
But we had all these so called premier league stars on our books .
I’m not saying his football is brilliant just saying that 2 month period they looked very good .

Robins has done a good job with Coventry, no doubt about that. But that follows a sacking at Scunthorpe having left them near the bottom of the league and a sacking at Huddersfield after we beat them 4-0 on the opening day. He also had a pretty poor spell at Barnsley that resulted in his departure. I don’t see how he could be perceived as a better option to Parker.
I bet Scunthorpe and Huddersfield would have him back!.......Robins is the type of manager who will always get the odd hiding because of the way he wants to play.... no matter who it's against.....remind you of anyone?......i'd love for him to be given a chance with a bigger budget.

That 2 month good oeriod where we couldn’t score though. We went 9 games unbeaten away from home but mainly because we were defensively solid. The football was dull and boring though

Eddie Howe won’t end up at Fulham, I imagine he will want control over transfers, which he won’t get. It’s a another reason why I don’t think we will get Wilder. We will try and get a head coach rather than a manager. Parker was head coach too

Personally, I’m more excited rightly or wrongly about the prospect of Scott Parker than anyone other than Eddie Howe who has been linked.

I remember Fulham in the Championship and I thought they looked good and was intrigued by the prospect of him coming to us if they had lost in the play-offs.

The appointment shows a long term plan and hopefully an identity, something we’ve been lacking. Will it be successful? Will it be full on swashbuckling football? Who knows, no one will until we see it in front of us. But it’s promising for me.

Personally, I’m more excited rightly or wrongly about the prospect of Scott Parker than anyone other than Eddie Howe who has been linked.

I remember Fulham in the Championship and I thought they looked good and was intrigued by the prospect of him coming to us if they had lost in the play-offs.

The appointment shows a long term plan and hopefully an identity, something we’ve been lacking. Will it be successful? Will it be full on swashbuckling football? Who knows, no one will until we see it in front of us. But it’s promising for me.
I think that’s where I am DJ. I’ve been critical of the Board however should this happen then props to them.

It's interesting how many poster on the subject of Parker seem to feel that a coach can never improve.

Yes he may have been an unfinished coach in the Chanpionship but he will have hopefully learned lessons and certainly some of the play in the latter half of last season had promise.

If he's appointed I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and support him as our manager.
In the Athletic it said Parker was widely praised for keeping to his ideals and playing attractive football.

Now I always thought that was what our fans wanted.

There has been criticism of our board, but there must be a reason they have been interested in him for a while now.

Last time I looked on the Woodgate or Parker thread, Parker was well ahead.

Our fans won’t be happy whoever gets the job unless it’s Eddie.
Yes we want a manager to stick to his ideals, just not those ideals, apparently.

This is it, I’m happy with Woodgate but this appointment would show the ambition to get back to the PL is still as relevant as last season.

That 2 month good oeriod where we couldn’t score though. We went 9 games unbeaten away from home but mainly because we were defensively solid. The football was dull and boring though

I guess football is all about opinion, and often football fans are more critical of their own team than they are of any other. But I watched a few of those away games you mention and IMO Fulham looked dangerous and organised, certainly greater than the sum of their parts. Anything but dull and boring. They were comfortable 2-0 winners at Everton, matched Spurs and were tactically spot on in the win at Liverpool. If you’d prefer to lose 4-2 to add excitement then fair enough, but I’d take the organised 2-0 win any day of the week.

remind me how much top flight and championship experience Robins has and how much experience he has of getting sides promoted to the pl? surprised your expectations are so low for our next manager, with a remit of premier league promotion

and who’d be more likely to get Smith to sign a new contract, CCV to sign permanently or attract quality young players from spurs or chelsea? Parker or Robins?

Remind us of how much experience EH had of getting promotion from L2,L1 and ultimately the Championship.
Experience has to be learned and the only ways to do is by learning from the best or doing it your own way.

;