Scott Parker

The Pimping of Parker...is embarrassing.

A quick 3 - 3 v Peterboro and a 1-2 at Hull and the same people will be " Parker Out"...before he's had chance to sample a Poole Harbour Cockle !

I think a manager is far more likely to move to a club that has shown it will prioritise spending on the team rather than 'infrastructure'. At the end of the day what's more important to Scott Parker how much transfer budget he has to work with or how many seats in the stadium? Same probably goes for a training ground.
We didnt spend last season and just trimmed the squad when we were going for a quick return to the PL so why would that change now?

xx.gif

Re: Scott Parker to leave Fulham this week with Bournemouth his likely destination
« Reply #29 on: Today at 02:39:16 PM »

If you think Parker coached the side well in the Championship you clearly did not watch many of the games. He made mistake after mistake
Even more errors in selection than last season, which was hard, and his subs were always late, never game changing for the better and ill thought out.

He is just not a good coach. No shame in that. But he was poor.

We now have a chance to appoint someone a lot brighter and better and hopefully in tune with playing more in the Fulham spirit. Parker's teams did not attack fast, or play to their strengths. The sideways passing actually hindered our team as we negated the natural advanatage our more skillful squad had, and we reduced the actual game time drastically. It was light years from what Slavisa coached.

..I will get behind him if he is appointed...but currently it is a bit underwhelming and given the reports from some Fulham fans regarding his style of football etc...I guess I will hoping that his philosophy will be better with what we have in our squad...

Always happy to be proven wrong!
I thought for the latter part of the season their football was excellent .
If we are to judge managers on their last season then Parker took Fulham down like Eddie with us but at least at times their football was good to watch.

If we are to judge managers on their last season then Parker took Fulham down like Eddie with us but at least at times their football was good to watch.

Exactly... Eddie took us down with awful football... We were largely looking to blame the players for going AWOL and Eddie escaped too much criticism... We even still want him back... Yet we're sitting here, accusing Parker of being to blame for equally rubbish PL football and relegation without even considering the players could have simply given up...?

At the end of the day he took a side up... regardless of how expensive it was... We've just failed to do the same with an equally expensive side...

Not saying parker is going to be amazing but lets not be too quick to judge... If it happens, we back him and make our own minds up in time...

How was it exciting to watch?.....only scored 9 goals at home and a paltry 27 in total.......playing 5 at the back with no recognised striker didn't help in that regard either............

based on what? who would have been a realistic and inspiring appointment?
If you want a manager who plays dull unattractive football ....very often with a back 5 ....who has spent fortunes on absolute dross then it's a very exciting day.
There are loads of young attack minded managers like Mark Robin's for instance who would see us as a step up.......I'd be excited by an appointment like that.

;