Scott Parker

Pretty much all the comments here back up what @Fulhamfaninpeace has been saying all along. Have to say, it is a tad concerning. Okay, it is only the MOL

hi all, as we can see it’s finally happening. I’m delighted tbh, even if he resigns Fulham are still due the full compensation, so if we get the full 6 mill compo (I don’t think we will) it woll pay for our next manager and background staff, probably with change left over. I hope he does ok for you, it might be that he’s learnt a bit and will be fine for you. I just hope we can come with fans to your place this season!

@Topfarrier your opinion of dull, unattractive football contradicts a lot of reports from pl football correspondents who praised Scott Parker for the opposite of that? so have they imagined it

even sir Alex Ferguson rates Parker highly - ever considered that being in a relegation battle with players looking elsewhere for summer moves might have had an impact on how attractive their football was towards the end of the season

and fortunes on absolute dross?

lookman, loftus-cheek, josh maja, anderson??

@Topfarrier your opinion of dull, unattractive football contradicts a lot of reports from pl football correspondents who praised Scott Parker for the opposite of that? so have they imagined it

I trust the Fulham fans over the football correspondants - we've got tons of experience of how little they actually know about the "lesser" teams - and with the fans it's pretty universal condemnation.

Hopefully TF, and I, are proved completely wrong. I'll certainly be fully behind him if it happens.

If you want a manager who plays dull unattractive football ....very often with a back 5 ....who has spent fortunes on absolute dross then it's a very exciting day.
There are loads of young attack minded managers like Mark Robin's for instance who would see us as a step up.......I'd be excited by an appointment like that.

remind me how much top flight and championship experience Robins has and how much experience he has of getting sides promoted to the pl? surprised your expectations are so low for our next manager, with a remit of premier league promotion

and who’d be more likely to get Smith to sign a new contract, CCV to sign permanently or attract quality young players from spurs or chelsea? Parker or Robins?

Last edited:
hi all, as we can see it’s finally happening. I’m delighted tbh, even if he resigns Fulham are still due the full compensation, so if we get the full 6 mill compo (I don’t think we will) it woll pay for our next manager and background staff, probably with change left over. I hope he does ok for you, it might be that he’s learnt a bit and will be fine for you. I just hope we can come with fans to your place this season!

Out of interest, you say you’re still due the full compensation but then state that you don’t think you’ll get it. Why if you’re due it would you not get it?

I am ok with Parker as long as compensation not involved/small

Club have clearly done enough research to see Parker as the successor to Eddie so third attempt to get him shows a clear strategy. This is not a quick fix.

He would only come to afcb if demin or Blake have given him assurances the transfer kitty so shows club is still ambitious

The jury is clearly out on him as a manager. I don’t think Fulham were geared up to succeed in the prem so relegation seemed inevitable. Reality is every option for our new boss is met with lots of opposition. Scott falls into the “big enough name” category to attract talent without being in the megastar group of managers like Henry that imho we need to avoid.

Enables us to move on and build for the summer and much as I like JW’s personality I don’t think his style of play is what we need. Did JW play for England with Parker? Maybe keep him on if they know each other well plus O’Neil seems a decent coaching option too

Out of interest, you say you’re still due the full compensation but then state that you don’t think you’ll get it. Why if you’re due it would you not get it?

I think a compromise will be reached because Parker wants to go, it still won’t be cheap but I don’t reckon fulham will hold out for the full 6 if it looks like the deal will fall through because of it.

Still on the fence about Parker, but the board have obviously been after him for a while and are willing to pay a small fortune to get him. So just based on that it is encouraging to see this ambition.

And why would Parker leave / why wait for him to leave if it makes no difference? Why not have just done the deal with Fulham directly, and cut down on all the faffing around. Seems odd.

I think a compromise will be reached because Parker wants to go, it still won’t be cheap but I don’t reckon fulham will hold out for the full 6 if it looks like the deal will fall through because of it.
But you stated yesterday that your board now wanted to keep Parker and back him with funds in the transfer market. Why if that’s the case would you not hold out for the compensation you’re due? It just makes no sense.

Still on the fence about Parker, but the board have obviously been after him for a while and are willing to pay a small fortune to get him. So just based on that it is encouraging to see this ambition.
I think that’s the key here. Whether you agree with the appointment or not, it does at least show ambition. Parker has a job at another club in the same division who are likely to be challenging, but still wants to come. That is a reason to feel optimistic.

But your board were happy for him to stay and willing to back him just yesterday.

What an utterly depressing appointment.
It’s a weird one. Fulham fans seem to hate him, yet he seems very highly regarded in the world of football. At least it demonstrates an ambition to have a go again next season. Regardless of what Fulham fans think of him, I highly doubt he’d come here unless he was convinced we could compete at the top end of the league (unless he fancies committing career suicide.)

even sir Alex Ferguson rates Parker highly - ever considered that being in a relegation battle with players looking elsewhere for summer moves might have had an impact on how attractive their football was towards the end of the season

and fortunes on absolute dross?

lookman, loftus-cheek, josh maja, anderson??
Lol i can't believe that anyone would still fall for the 'Alex Ferguson British manager' quote's....the poor bloke gets asked the same question in every interview.
You don't need the opinion of Football hacks either just look at the facts......27 goals all season and a liking for playing 3 at the back....does that sound exciting?

And yes absolute dross .....the fact that you could only mention a few expensive loan signings says it all.
remind me how much top flight and championship experience Robins has and how much experience he has of getting sides promoted to the pl? surprised your expectations are so low for our next manager, with a remit of premier league promotion
It's called having an imagination........watching a young manager winning league 1 playing free flowing attacking football and then having the courage to play the same way in the Championship despite having no home ground and one of the smallest budgets in the division.....watching that manager easily keep his team up whilst giving more expensively assembled teams some absolute hidings......watching that manager work wonders in the transfer market signing players like Gustavo Hamer for 1 million!..........yeah i'd rather watch what a manager like that could do with our squad than one who got a team with the biggest budget in the league up though the play off's before stinking the PL out at the first attempt.

Lol i can't believe that anyone would still fall for the 'Alex Ferguson British manager' quote's....the poor bloke gets asked the same question in every interview.
You don't need the opinion of Football hacks either just look at the facts......27 goals all season and a liking for playing 3 at the back....does that sound exciting?

And yes absolute dross .....the fact that you could only mention a few expensive loan signings says it all.

It's called having an imagination........watching a young manager winning league 1 playing free flowing attacking football and then having the courage to play the same way in the Championship despite having no home ground and one of the smallest budgets in the division.....watching that manager easily keep his team up whilst giving more expensively assembled teams some absolute hidings......watching that manager work wonders in the transfer market signing players like Gustavo Hamer for 1 million!..........yeah i'd rather watch what a manager like that could do with our squad than one who got a team with the biggest budget in the league up though the play off's before stinking the PL out at the first attempt.
One seat free next season then ;-)

Hmmmm if the stories are true about this Khan chap is Eddie really going to want to go there?
The trouble for Eddie is, if he waits for the vacancy at the perfect club and ownership structure, who also want him, there's a risk he might be waiting indefinitely. End up a forgotten man outside of the south coast.

But maybe that's alright, maybe he's set for life and would prefer the family time. Who could blame him! I suspect he'll get itchy at some point though.

;