Scott Parker

Both deals are done, all it needs is for AFCB to pay Fulham the compo and then both deals can be signed off and announced.

I’m hearing my end that we’ll only pay the compensation once West Ham agree to give us the Peter Grant friendly. West Ham are claiming that the Betway Cup was indeed a friendly, but we’re not having our only Cup win since 1984 being reduced to a mere ‘friendly’.

This one could drag on.

Perhaps Max still needs to be persuaded that it’s the right move after the previous appointment (JT)didn’t really go to plan

Has to be something more to it than that.....Max could the compo in about 20 mins if he wanted.
Are you sure about that ? His online banking might have a 1000 quid a day transfer limit like mine. If the compensation to be paid is 1.5m then by my calculations the last thousand pounds will land in Fulham's bank account in about 4.11 years.
So we'll definitely need a "temporary" manager in place until the last bank transfer goes through.
Bummer !
:(

JW only other AFCB manager bar Eddie to win 7 on the trot, no mean feat.

On the poll between Parker and JW, I voted for JW, thought he deserved a proper season under his belt and he seemed to have the backing of the players, which is important.

If Parker gets the job, I hope all our fans give him a fair chance.

Once Parker is unveiled and installed ..I'm sure we will all be behind him...its just the waiting and insecurity that's getting to us a bit...if its much longer waiting, then I dearly hope England progress on Tuesday...to divert attention and quell any anarchy that sets in regarding our pre- season.

I actually think Woodgate has been treated quite poorly in all of this... The club clearly are not going to employ him for next season, even if we don't get Parker, there is surely no way back for Woodgate now...

At the very least I would have expected a communication to say thank you for his services and we wish him all the best etc. etc.

I know there are ifs and buts still at play, but I just don't see how Woodgate can still be with us after July 1st, in which case, decide on his future and say thank you FFS...

I actually think Woodgate has been treated quite poorly in all of this... The club clearly are not going to employ him for next season, even if we don't get Parker, there is surely no way back for Woodgate now...

At the very least I would have expected a communication to say thank you for his services and we wish him all the best etc. etc.

I know there are ifs and buts still at play, but I just don't see how Woodgate can still be with us after July 1st, in which case, decide on his future and say thank you FFS...

How do we know Woodgate hasn’t been kept in the loop?

;