Scott Parker

It's not your money, so why are you worried?!
It is in part our money if we've bought season tickets already, while anticipating a top manager from the World Class category.

Disclaimer: I'd have bought ours anyway, but some might not have done. I'm still annoyed I didn't get an interview when JT was sacked!

And if he does sign as manager how much money do you think he'll be given to spend on players, or do you think he'll just be told to polish up what's already here, can't see him coming here if it's the latter ?

...think I would rather stay with JW and spend the money on player(s)...paying 6 million compo for a relatively average manager is bonkers!

Think JW steadied the ship but don’t believe he is a credible choice. As for Parker, I am not sure he is just an average manager although getting divided opinion so: something good plus bad divided by 2 = average admittedly.

I feel more encouraged re parker than most names bandied about. Think we will attempt to play decent football which is what afcb is about but surely he will want a decent transfer budget to join us.

Just need to negotiate down the compensation.

I'm hoping that the Parker links are part of a cunning plan conjured up by the board to fool us into being thankful when they announce Woody...........i know i'm suddenly warming to the idea!.........very cunning imo.

I'm hoping that the Parker links are part of a cunning plan conjured up by the board to fool us into being thankful when they announce Woody...........i know i'm suddenly warming to the idea!.........very cunning imo.
At least with Parker it would show we had a bit of ambition going into the new season. Whether you like him or not, he wouldn’t join from Fulham unless he was given assurances

At least with Parker it would show we had a bit of ambition going into the new season. Whether you like him or not, he wouldn’t join from Fulham unless he was given assurances

That’s my sort of thinking as well. If he comes he must be under the illusion that we are aiming to go up next season and will have the resources to do so

;